July 26, 2014 | 1848 users online

Styling Products - Farouk CHI - Chi Straight Guard

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MamaMo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's good for my naturally stick straight hair when it sir dries, makes it have no static and manageable while it's down. I usually have to braid it or bun it because if I leave it down, it just goes everywhere. If I'm going to leave it, though, I use about three pumps (my hair is just past by bra strap) and it swings around in a cohesive mass. I can't comment for straightening or hair drying, though, I'm growing my hair out and I'm trying to avoid heat damage. The only reason I wouldn't buy this is because I'm a product junkie, and this isn't life changing enough to be a part of my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally straight hair. But this really enhances it. I really like it

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by alinapoly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i didn't find this product doing anything for me, at all. my mom got it for me because she knows how well most chi products are but she agreed with me that this one doesn't do anything for you except make it look greasier than it was.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not a huge fan of this product. It's good at straightening the hair but I find it very impractical since it doesn't moisturize or offer heat protection. I'm not going to throw it out or give it away, since I have been able to make it work but I won't be repurchasing. The effect that it gives reminds me of the KMS curling balm except for straightening. (I know they have a straightening balm but I haven't tried it.) It's a very thin consistency and it absorbs into the hair really fast without leaving any sort of slick. However, it holds very well and gives that kind of hairspray feeling (but lesser) on the hair. It also has that cologne smell like all the other CHI products. I have fine curly hair and I use it after my detangler (AG leave in detangler) and then straighten my hair with a blow dryer. I wouldn't use it with a straightener but with a blow dryer I think it's okay, as long as you use something moisturizing as well to create a barrier on your hair against the heat. I also tried using it with the SexyHair argan detangler and it made my hair very tacky.. So be careful what you use with it. Maybe you could add this into your routine if you want your hair SUPER straight but it's an unnecessary step. Also if you have straight hair already but want to enhance it (like I do with the KMS curling balm and my curly hair) this might work for you but I tried that on my curly hair and it didn't work for me. Overall I think this product isn't good for the average everyday woman. It's unnecessary and impractical to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I'm not a fan of Chi products to begin with, but I tried this anyway & it let me down. This did absoloutley nothing to my hair except make it sticky. The smell of this is so gross, I can't even explain it. The pump gets jammed easily. This is useless, I do not reccomend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Imimaginary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. A staple now. It completely eliminates my frizz and reduces the noticeable damage of flat-ironing my hair for years, everyday, while making it soft and super shiny. If you use a small amount for your ends, and combing the excess through the top part of your hair it won't weigh it down too much or make it greasy. It smells great too! My hair is already pretty straight so I don't know anything about it's straightening properties. I reccomend this. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Kelsibeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product was great when I first got it. It made my hair sooo soft and shiny and I used it before I would wear it natural or straightened. Personally, I like the smell, it's similar to silk infusion. It also lasts a long time, i've had it for over a year and not even half of it is gone and I used it about 3-4 times a week. But, this has stopped working at all for me. It does nothing for my hair and I realized that it weighs it down a little bit. I really wish this product would still have the same effect on my hair it used to have but for some reason it just doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this smoothing creme; it was just a tad expensive though. I paid 15 bucks at Walgreens and then saw a two pack at Target for the same price. oops.

Anyway, I tried this several different ways and I got the best results using it the first way it's recommended on the bottle- with your blow dryer. (Go figure)

I've tapered down my blow drying to about once a week in winter, but since it's summer I almost never blow dry cuz it's too darn hot. But I gave it a try and it actually works well. I smooth a nice glob into damp hair, blow dry, and my hair is super soft, but still pretty frizzy. Then I straighten using my Coconut Milk serum and I end up with soft, sleek, shiny hair. (My normal hair texture is wavy and mega frizzy, so to me sleek in summer means minimal frizz) I'm a little sad that it still took the addition of another product, but the end result is amazing for my hair! Much better than with my Coconut serum alone! So shiny and pretty I want to wear it down but it's toooo hot.

I also tried it on damp hair, then let it air dry. Meh, didn't work, my waves looked pathetic lol. Then I tried straightening my air dried hair using the cream, and the results were only slightly better. Overall, it works best with the blow dryer for me.

And the product does come out tacky and gunky when I use the pump, no matter how many times I clean it. So now I just unscrew the lid and problem solved.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by sunshineshica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It does great for my natural curly look but as far as straightening it...doesn't work at all. Leaves it dry and frizzy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I don't care for this to me this stuff is sticky and tacky.The bottle even got product on it and is so sticky and nasty to touch and needed wiped off just from moving the bottle when cleaning.This seemed to weigh my hair down also Idk about the straightning and smoothing.I never seem to like sticky tacky products like his anyway.No thanks I will stick to my serums and argon oil for my frizz.