Farouk CHI Chi Straight Guard

3.6

Water (Aqua), Polyacrylamide, Parfum (Fragrance), PVP, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaggin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Laureth-7, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Panthenol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Silk, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ceramic.

on 8/10/2015 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So disappointed in this stuff! I picked it up last week at HomeSense (a division of Winners) for 12 bucks, figuring I had nothing to lose since the few CHI products I have (including my flat iron) are great. I was expecting something called "straight Guard" and that bills itself as a "creme" would make my hair smoother, softer and shinier and I'm always, ALWAYS on the lookout for products that make those claims. This stuff left my hair feeling like dry straw and it didn't seem to do anything at all in the way of "straight". Even after I smoothed over my hair with some Ojon hair serum and a bit of Moroccan oil, my hair still felt and behaved like straw-like, parched hair. I'm glad I didn't spend a lot on this stuff. I might give it another try, perhaps mixing it with Moroccan oil or Aveda smoothing stuff but I have the feeling this will end up in the garbage or perhaps going to a friend who might find it works for her.

on 2/22/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this product. It transforms my thin, fine, wavy, frizzy, long hair into smooth, sleek and shiny tresses. I comb just a pea-size amount through wet hair. I can then blow-dry it pretty straight. Or, strangely enough, if I scrunch my hair and let it air dry, I have soft curls and still ZERO frizz. I rarely scrunch my hair because it usually highlights the frizz. But not with this product. I cannot explain why a straitening product works wonders for my waves...but it does. Price is not a big issue because I can get this at Winners for $12.
Some reviewers here complain that the Chi Straight Guard leaves a sticky residue. I have had this problem with many cream-based hair products, but not this one. It also doesn't weigh down my fine hair unlike most de-frizzers. But I would advise that you don't overload on this potent product. A little goes a long way.

on 11/18/2014 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I find this product to leave behind a sticky residue on my hair once its done

on 10/26/2014 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for a few years, and I love it!! I have shoulder-length, naturally wavy hair, but sometimes I like a smooth, sleek look. This product really delivers. I wash my hair, blot it, and let it air dry until damp. I apply Straight Guard, and effortlessly comb it through with a wide tooth comb. Then, I blow dry with a round brush, and flat iron. No frizz (I'm 60, and avoid frizz at all costs. Frizz is very aging). I especially like to use it during the colder months, because I can go 2-3 days without washing, and all I have to is touch up my hair with the flat iron. And my color stays truer longer if I don't wash it every other day. Just a great product!

on 5/4/2014 6:35:00 PM

It's good for my naturally stick straight hair when it sir dries, makes it have no static and manageable while it's down. I usually have to braid it or bun it because if I leave it down, it just goes everywhere. If I'm going to leave it, though, I use about three pumps (my hair is just past by bra strap) and it swings around in a cohesive mass. I can't comment for straightening or hair drying, though, I'm growing my hair out and I'm trying to avoid heat damage. The only reason I wouldn't buy this is because I'm a product junkie, and this isn't life changing enough to be a part of my routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have naturally straight hair. But this really enhances it. I really like it

on 2/28/2013 6:28:00 PM

i didn't find this product doing anything for me, at all. my mom got it for me because she knows how well most chi products are but she agreed with me that this one doesn't do anything for you except make it look greasier than it was.

on 1/23/2012 11:49:00 PM

I'm not a fan of Chi products to begin with, but I tried this anyway & it let me down. This did absoloutley nothing to my hair except make it sticky. The smell of this is so gross, I can't even explain it. The pump gets jammed easily. This is useless, I do not reccomend.

on 6/23/2011 2:32:00 AM

Love this stuff. A staple now. It completely eliminates my frizz and reduces the noticeable damage of flat-ironing my hair for years, everyday, while making it soft and super shiny. If you use a small amount for your ends, and combing the excess through the top part of your hair it won't weigh it down too much or make it greasy. It smells great too! My hair is already pretty straight so I don't know anything about it's straightening properties. I reccomend this. :)

on 6/20/2011 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product was great when I first got it. It made my hair sooo soft and shiny and I used it before I would wear it natural or straightened. Personally, I like the smell, it's similar to silk infusion. It also lasts a long time, i've had it for over a year and not even half of it is gone and I used it about 3-4 times a week. But, this has stopped working at all for me. It does nothing for my hair and I realized that it weighs it down a little bit. I really wish this product would still have the same effect on my hair it used to have but for some reason it just doesn't.

Top Rated Farouk CHI Products