November 24, 2014 | 1999 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Philosophy Booster Caps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good product idea - encapsulated retinol in a silicone base with a fresh green scent. The idea is to break open the capsules and mix the the contents with your moisturizer or or serum OR the product can be applied directly to a clean, dry face. The only problem was I'm allergic to silicone and this product is loaded with them.

Happily, I ended up re-purposing the product. This past winter my hands took a beating. No matter how much hand cream I applied, no matter how many scrubs I used, no matter how many oil treatments I did, the dry skin would not quit. Most likely because I was super diligent about washing my hands this winter (viruses).

I do my weekly manicure and then mix the contents of 1 capsule with my hand cream as the last step - after my polish dries. I could not believe the softness and results. I knew within 1 hour that I was on to something. The next day - no more dry skin!

Not only did it clear up the dry skin, but eliminated these very light brown spots that had developed on the backs of my hands. I'm not sure if this was just flaky dry skin or the start of age spots (ugh) but they are GONE. All I see and feel on my hands is smooth, healthy skin.

I'm overjoyed! A jar of 60 caps means this will last me over a year. A friend gave me the whole jar so it was free. Although it did not work on my face, isn't it nice to know that I could repurpose this product and put it to good use!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

In 2 weeks I have seen my forehead horizontal lines diminish! I love the feeling of it, I love the softness my face feels after. I just love it PERIOD. It's expensive but sooooo worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ElectroStatus

Nice idea, keeping the retinol in individual capsules for preservation. Makes my skin nice and soft. I had high hopes for this product, I was using it along with an AHA product on alternate nights. I emailed Philosophy, and they would not tell me what the retinol content was, but the product had decent reviews on here and Sephora's site, and I liked the capsule idea.
Unfortunately every time I use one of these I wake up with a whitehead. I thought it was just purging, but I've given it a month of chances. It may be its silicole base. It's going back to Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by sweethartz

i have been using this for about 2 1/2 weeks, and i honestly have no idea what its suppose to do. Besides making it baby bum soft after i apply it. softness doesnt last all day, just until i wash my face in the morning. i bought mine at Sephora in Canada, so we get 30 capsules instead of 60, for $35.00.
i will buy one more bottle, and try it a little longer before giving up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another product in my skin care regimen that I always love to do. These little babies are so easy to use and do so much. It says that you are suppose to twist that cap of but I honestly don't know how that could work because you would only end up getting product everywhere. I use either scissors or cuticle cutters and snip off the top which *perfectly* opens it up to where you don't need to overly squeeze (try this ladies!). I first used the booster caps as a sample because I just wanted to even out my skin tone and prevent wrinkles while I'm still in that young stage. This stuff made my skin SO SOFT OVERNIGHT. In just one night. I am SUCH an instant gratification girl so anything that can do that is A KEEPER. I just recently gave one of the capsules to my girlfriend to let her try and promised her that she would see results the very next morning. I wish I recorded the conversation we had today because she is IN LOVE! She wants me to come with her after work to buy some herself and use MY sephora discount lol (love being an V.I.B.) My face is baby butt smooth, guys, seriously. I constantly get compliments on my skin and this is after years of horrible acne that I could only get rid of through accutane. After my skin cleared I promised I would take better care and so far, so GREAT.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by NikkiHarbin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just received this product in the mail today, along with Philosophy's 'Eye Hope', 'Booster Serum', 'Help Me', and 'When Hope Is Not Enough Serum'.
**My Skin/Needs**I'm 25, and my skin is oily/very oily in the t-zone, sensitive, and somewhat acne prone. I have very few fine lines (mainly under my eyes) and no wrinkles. I'm looking for anti-aging products with proven ingredients that will prevent wrinkles, make my skin look brighter/more youthful, hydrate my skin without adding oil or clogging my pores, protect and heal my skin from the damage from free radicals, and also, refine my pores making my skin appear smoother.
**Review**After using one of the capsules, my face instantly felt much smoother and my pores were more refined. The product has a gel consistency that feels like velvet on the skin. The scent of the product is very natural, like a plant (possibly due to the chlorella vulgaris extract). So far, I would definitely recommend the product solely on its ability to make my skin look and feel dramatically smoother and more hydrated without feeling greasy. I will update my review in a couple of weeks.
One month update**** I definitely recommend this product. As its name suggests, it provides a great boost for the skin. It smoothes, refines, brightens, and evens skin tone. Great for all skin types. Absorbs into the skin instantly. I recommend using this product over "Philosophy Help Me" or "Philosophy Booster Serum" in the p.m. since it contains retinol. I have also found that placing this product on top of either of those products increases the effectiveness/benefits of the product. Very preventative. I will defnitely consider repurchasing this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just picked these up after reading about them in a magazine an so far so good. I have only been using them a couple of weeks and I put them directly on the skin at night, then top it off with Cosmedicine Private Nurse, great moisturizer. So far they have made my skin soft and bright. Will update in a month, after a facial.
UPDATE: It is June now and I have purchased 2 additional jars of these caplets. I love them. They have really increased the cell turnover and my skin looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by elfe99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really nice retinol for my sensitive skin. The silky stuff sinks right in and works. I usually have problems with retinol products, but this is actually soothing. For those who are sensitive...try to build up slowly. I wish I could find something less expensive since retinol is so available, but this is definately worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by YaddaYaddaYadda

I got a half-size jar of these caps as a freebie in a kit. I think my skin is just too sensitive for them, as, even using them every third day, my skin became rather irritated, and I broke out a bit (this was over 2-3 weeks). I wasn't willing to try to ride it out to see if my skin adapted. Too bad, as I'd like to incorporate some sort of retinoid into my skincare regimen, and my skin usually really likes Philosophy's skin care products.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by NickelEmily

I have liked these enough to re-purchase. Originally tried this product from a kit & had I not gotten the kit would've never reached to try this one. That said, when I use this product at night, my skin tone is definitely better in the am. More smooth, bright and even toned. It doesn't last all day -- so this is a here & now kind of product. There is very little in the capsules, and I need to mix it with a serum or moisturizer so it doesn't just sink into my skin before I get a chance to move it around my face. It has a light smell, but I find it pleasant.