September 22, 2014 | 1028 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - When Hope is Not Enough

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the ingredients of the product, but the texture is not very comfortable. It feels a bit sticky and not moisturizing enough.
Don't think i will repurchase...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by DarkHorseRising

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gives acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Ophelia4469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. I have oily-acne prone skin. I tend to break out when it is that time of the month and when I am stressed out and when I am not taking care of my face. When used right my skin does not break out often and is soft and smooth.

I think When Hope is Not Enough helped me get rid of some skin tags that I had. It is reducing my forehead lines and my skin looks great. I use it in combination of the Advanced Makeup Optional kit. I'll give in an update in a week as I'm just back to taking care of myself the way I should be.

I use the following products:

AM:

Help Me
Hope In a Jar
Make Up:

Murad Hybrids™ Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish
Mat Velvet (Make Up Forever)
HD powder (Make Up Forever)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This wasn't moisturizing enough for me. It broke me out every single time I used it. The smell is horrible. This is a big disappointment from Philosophy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MakeupNovice26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Actually I am quite surprised that this product received a low score. This is a very good moisturizer, at least for me, in the summer when I do need something on my face. I have to admit though that because of how dry my skin gets in the winter that this product can be a big fail. Just keep that in mind!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lucysmum

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hadn't used this for a while and when I resumed, it smelled rancid. I tried it for two nights and gave up, as I just couldn't stand it. Never again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, I'm really starting to think Philosophy is all hype. This is the 3rd product of theirs that I have been COMPLETELY underwhelmed with (the only one I really like is the Purity cleanser, and even that I could replace in a heartbeat with something equally effective).

The SA at Sephora went on and on about how this is just a "vitamin drink for the skin" and how it would help clarify and firm, blah, blah, blah. Well, it does help add a boost of moisture under my regular moisturizer, and it has plenty of antioxidants in it, but other than that, there have been no actual physical signs that it is doing anything for my skin. Admittedly, I have really, really good skin already so maybe that's why I'm not seeing anything, but still...after all the hype, I expected something to happen, and....nothing. No increase in clarity or firmness, no decrease in the few fine lines...nothing. Will not bother to repurchase unless something dramatic happens before the bottle is finished.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Nelliebelle1197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is awesome. My skin loves it and I love the light lavender fragrance! My skin is clear, soft and glowy with Philosophy, recovered from a bad experience with another line!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by bstyle

Did nothing for me waste of money. I used the am facial firming and lifting. Nope not a sign of anything changed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by CarolynBergen

Out of the entire Philosophy line, this is my favorite. My skin is so dry that I use this during the day even though it is basically a night treatment. While it's a fairly heavy cream, it sinks right into my skin after a few minutes. I HAVE noticed a reduction in my forehead lines, which is amazing because nothing else has ever worked. I will be buying this forever. I only buy it through ebay because it's a lot cheaper than going through Philosophy or one of their retailers.