October 23, 2014 | 1524 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - pot rouge for lips and cheeks- stonewashed pink

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I kind of forgot I had this sitting in my makeup bag... then I decided to retry it. It was love. It gives the most natural flush ever! It's kind of brownish and when you swatch it on your hand, it looks kind of... not that great. But it really makes a difference on my cheeks! It's a brownish-pink and looks very unassuming in the jar. It's buildable, pigmented, and gives my warm medium skin a sculpted look without looking severe. It's not shimmery, which is good for everyday if you don't like shimmer. I like to put some highlighter on the tops of my cheek bones though. It's too drying to use on my lips though because I have very dry lips. I still love it! But I got it a while ago and I can't find it on the Bobbi Brown website... I hope they still make it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

I love Pot Rouges and this one is no exception. There's so many colour descriptions in these reviews...on me it looks very much like Penny Lane from NARS only a little more pigmentation, I love it. I would definitely repurchase but I don't think I'd ever have to. You get a lot of product. On my lips it's a perfect neutral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

this color is not very pink...I would say its a little more brown. I like it though. Its a subtle wash of color for me nothing too bright. I wouldn't repurchase tho #1 I doubt I'll run out and #2 I would get something with more pop next time. good product overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by annahlotr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the pot rouges, and this is no exception. However, I use stonewashed pink as a bronzer instead of a blush. I'm very very pale, and I still haven't found a bronzer that doesn't look muddy. Stonewashed pink gives me the perfect glow that my (tanned) friends get from regular bronzers. This is far from a pink color, but there is enough pink to make my very very pale skin look like I have had just a little sun. For an actual blush, pale pink is much better on my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've owned this pot rouge for nearly two years and admit to never using it until very recently. I'll be upfront in saying that I think it's useless on my lips, but then again, I purchased it as a blush.

Pot Rouge is a creamy gel formula that doesn't have a lot of slip, so it can drag during application. It blends well, though, and seems to have reasonable lasting power. The finish is slightly powdery, but not obviously so. The color Stonewashed Pink is a medium rose that does not go tawny, brown, or muddy on my skin.

I've been using Nars blushes for years, but recently discovered that the colors were too strong and overtly sparkly. Nars makes fun blushes with heightened color pigments (I had Oasis, Sin, Lovejoy, Orgasm, Luster, Super Orgasm) that are a far cry from subtle. I decided I'd like a more restrained look and dug out the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge; it delivered exactly what I wanted. The color is wonderful on my pale, lightly sallow skin and looks incredibly natural. Product is buildable, and I have found that if I want to pop the color more, I dust on a bit of Chanel Orchid Rose on top of it.

Sometimes the "duller" colors, like Stonewashed Pink, end up being the workhorses of one's color palette. I would repurchase this, but there is so much of it in the pot that I doubt I will use it up in the foreseeable future.

Highly recommended! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ninarockz

I just got this from my mail, and I tried it straightaway, first I swatched it in my hand, but no color popped, and I felt a bit disappointed, but when I applied it to my cheek, the color surprisingly popped and make me look healthier and glowing!!!!! nothing overwhelming, not streaky, just perfect tan slightly darker than my skin (NC30, asian, oily). And eventhough it's oily in the pot, but the oil disappear right away when you smudge it on the cheek.

And when I tried it on my lips, the color is perfect nude for my pigmented lips, it is great, definitely my HG blush/lipstick and I had more than 20 blush...
I would definitely buy again if it's not discontinued, well, maybe I'll browse ebay to stock some more...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good cream blush, but I like MAC and NARS cream blushed better. Can be very sheer but also buildable color to taste. The name is deceiving though this is not pink, but a peachy color with some brown / orange in it. Blushed Rose is a shade darker, I had it too but gave it to a friend and got Stonedwashed for it compliments my skin better. It is not oily at all but looks dewy and luminous on skin, and stays on very long. My makeup products last forever as I like to wear makeup very light, and I gave the half of this to a friend (simply I got some for me in a MAC small jar and gave her the rest) The color is so pigmented that I know it will last me a lifetime. I consider to get a real pink shade of this product.
PS. Bobbi Brown recommends to appy this with foundation brush but I think MAC Skunk brushes is the best for almost any cream based product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the BB pot rouges...they are a great way for this oily skinned girl to wear blush...so many powder blushes change color on me and and up too dark on my fair skin. These appear heavy but I promise a sheer application is possible, I can't get away with dark blush. It may take you a few tries to get it right as it did me but it's worth it. I rub my middle fingertip into the color, then pat it on the top of my hand to remove excess and tap it into my cheeks. Wait a few minutes before applying a second layer (I only need one, but like I said, I'm fair) to see how the color has settled. I love that it lasts all day and doesn't fade or darken. Some of the colors can be dabbed onto your lips in a rush too. Stonewashed pink is fantastic for me, a brownish peach as another review said. Bobbi's idea of a nude pink is what this is, if you are familiar with her line you know what I mean. I love how it warms me up in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

Pleasantly surprising! In the pot, it looks nothing like how it applies (so don't be afraid at how dark it is!); the name only causes confusion. Stonewashed Pink is actually a peachy colour with a slight hint of brown. It is very sheer, which can be a good thing if you're going for that natural look. Otherwise, it takes a long time to build a decent amount of colour. Other than that, I really love how easy this blends. I rarely use cream blushes, but compared to MAC, this feels more moisturizing and blends tons easier. I suspect that's due to it's texture - MAC is a lot thicker, hence pigmented. Great lasting power (fades slightly after 7-8 hours) and the glass (?) pot is so chic! Overall, great blush! So if you're looking to buy this... forget the name all together and take the blush for what it is. Definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by ilynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No, this color is not what I expected. Not very pink at all. More like a peachy tan. I was trying to decide between this and Powder Pink at the counter. The SA suggested the Stonewashed Pink because I could use it with my other pink blushes. So I bought it. 20 minutes later, I exchanged it for the Powder Pink. It was just TOO nude. Fast forward a few weeks; I swapped my Posietint for a Stonewashed Pink. It is my most-used blush. I wear it nearly every day. This one is tough to overdo. It's perfectly neutral for light skinned people. As with most makeup, lighting is everything. It *can* tend to go a bit too peachy in some light. Still, like I said, I wear it almost every day. A keeper.