September 18, 2014 | 1690 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Voluminous Marker eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by SoonMi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I received this eyeliner as a free gift with my purchase of the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara years ago. I used to use it as my go-to winged liner marker. Once you learn how to use the shape of the marker, it becomes easier to use for winged-liner. The staying power is almost nonexistent, so you'd have to layer something else under or over it. As another reviewer mentioned, storing the product horizontal instead of vertically can make a big difference in the color payoff. These are more tips for using it, if you're already stuck with the product. I wouldn't recommend unless to a beginner learning how to draw winged-liner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Mzdede23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This marker liner is pretty bad... so bad I quit using it on my eye & used it to color in on my suede boots where it had worn out (lol).. Welp, it got some use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by toms

Okay so, when I first got this product I thought it was absolute sh*t. It was very tough when I tried to draw a line on and the color came out so light and gray. It was exactly like a gray marker. But when I used it on my hand or paper it would show up so black so idk why it was like that.. So anyway,a few month(s)?? later I decided to try it again and it worked soooo much better! It was super easy to apply and the color came up very black and smoothe on my eyelids. I also read from another review that you're supposed to leave the pen laying horizontally for the best color, not straight up. I heard that they used to put that on the packaging too but they don't anymore, which they really should.. Anyway I think since I left it laying flat for a longgg time, when I used it again the color was very nice. So thats really important guys !!! But yeah for $10, not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Mviera4

Omg I never post negative reviews but this is the biggest waste of money ever. I am a fan of the voluminous mascara and the voluminous liquid liner and gave this a try. It is awful, so sad I spent 10 dollars on this. Worst eyeliner I have ever tried. It is impossible to work with

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by mariagc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeliner for free as it came in the same pack as my L'Oreal Telescopic mascara. I never use liquid or gel eyeliners because I always felt like they do not suit me. For this reason, I always stuck to pencil liner and was a bit hesitant to try this product. However, I am not sure what this product is classified as - it is not really liquid, not gel....? Anyways, I gave it a try anyway and was actually very impressed. It was very easy to use and gave a great colour payoff. I have had it for approximately a month and have found that it is beginning to dry out but to me that is fair considering I have used it almost everyday since I got it. I rarely purchase anything from L'Oreal due to the fact that they take part in animal testing but have to say this is a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by boozer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the pen and how it can be used for two different lines: thick or thin. It goes on so smoothly also

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by MissAwesome

I was expecting a lot when I bought this, but this was a let down.
The pigment was alright, not very dark nor very light. When I was applying to my upper lid, the chemicals in the marker, made my eye sting a bit and was watery. You, also can't use this for tightlining nor waterline- pigment won't even show up and it will sting your eye even if it's not touching your eye.
So this product won't go to waste, I apply this to my upper lid after I apply my pencil eyeliner. It makes the eyeliner darker and it makes the color stay longer. This product is kind of a stain. But it would be unnecessary to go over it if you're using liquid eyeliner.
What a waste of money. I really need to read reviews before buying

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Dustylove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

No -- this doesn't work on waterline. I thought this would make it easier without going to the gel/brush route. This liner has no density. Also, is not waterproof. A disaster!

I will stick with milani pencils or revlon liquifeye. Or, back to gel.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Beatmadl

I thought this would be a great eyeliner before I bought it.

But it didn't work for me at all. The color pay off was really bad, the line was extremely uneven.
I don't know, maybe it's me, but I couldn't handle this product at all.
Definitely never going to repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by truelily

I bought it, thought it was okay, then after a month, I thought it was all dried up... You have to press really hard to get the colour to come out... Not great.