April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Sunscreen - Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen SPF 30 Sensitive

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Epic. No breakouts, and no white residue after it dries. Pricier than drug store brands, but really worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bunny1205

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This sunscreen is great! It's effective and cheap.

It does make my skin look a little paler when I put it on, so I don't use it when I've got a date or something like that. But for most days, it's great because it's cheap and it works really well. I'm glad I found it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this sunscreen, but I get freckles and burn when I wear it, so it's obviously not providing adequate protection.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by slm1

I purchased this because it was recommended by my dermatologist for my sensitive skin. Yes it's heavy and leaves a whitish cast at first, but I don't mind that. What I do mind is that a few days after I started using it I broke out with a red, itchy, scaly rash all over my neck and chest. It also seems to have aggravated my acne on my face. This is the only product I have changed in my regimen over this time period, I can't think of anything else it could be. Goes to show that just because the label indicates it's appropriate for sensitive skin doesn't mean it's appropriate for everyone's sensitive skin. I've also had trouble with the bottle over-dispensing the lotion on occasion. Guess I'll stick to using it on my legs and arms and find something else for my face and neckline.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm looking for a sunblock that contains physical blockers and decided to try this. Contains 5% Titianium Dioxide and 10% Zinc Oxide. The white cast is very noticeable when first applied to skin, disappears after a while. I use this on my body but it feels too thick and heavy, the thought of applying it puts me off using it many times. This may be the reason why it tends to get messy when i'm squeezing it out. The product is so thick that sometimes it'll get "stuck" at the opening and alot more would come out.

This contains Dimethicone (fourth and fifith ingredient). I'm happy with the amount of blockers in this product, its fragrance free and does not contain parabens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this all summer long and it's excellent.It does take a bit of rubbing in or it will leave a white cast, but this is the case with most sunscreens.Brilliant broad spectrum protection, no irritation at all around eyes, as this contains only physical sunscreen ie titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.Personally I can't tolerate chemical sunscreens like avabenzone around eyes.I will be using this for many summers to come. in winter I switch to a suitable spf 15 product,as I'm not likely to burn in the middle of december.SPF only applies to the UVB rays so in winter it's really pointless going any higher than 15.I haven't tried liqiud foundation over this , but it's ok with my powder foundation.As for removal, as long as you're thorough, you're ok.This might not be ideal for all skin types but if it's excellent sun protection you're after, this it it.As for some reviewers saying it's drying, I find the opposite ,it's quite moisturising.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by catcoastal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great zinc/titanium oxide sunscreen. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's pretty easy to apply, and the whitish color fades within a few minutes. It's sometimes difficult to find, but I recommend it.

Update: I like the Burts Bees sunscreen better. It's less whitish and it spreads more easily over the skin. This is my 2nd choice after the Burts Bees. 3rd choice: Badger. Badger is great quality and more concentrated (higher % active ingredients) than the other 2, but it's difficult to spread over my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by 5catmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most effective sunscreen I have ever used. No tanning or burning after a day at the beach. It's very thick and and hard to spread. I have to use a cleansing oil, shower gel and an exfoilating towel to remove it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a staple for my family. It protects against sunburn better than any chemical sunscreen we've tried, and it never stings or irritates our skin. Longer wearability than chemical s/s too. It is relatively thick and leaves a white cast, but it pretty much disappears after a little while. My son is quite fair and this is the only s/s that keeps him from getting burned at the pool/beach, etc. I also wear it sometimes when I run outside because it lasts even through excessive sweating & it has never caused breakouts. I've noticed that it can be drying though. It seems to be getting more difficult to find so I always buy several tubes/bottles when I can.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by miamigal

Since moving to Miami, I have been trying to find a perfect, every day sunscreen. I cannot tolerate chemical sunscreens, so I have been trying a number of physical blockers containing titanium and zinc oxide. So far, everything has been too greasy or too drying. But then Blue Lizard came along! I cannot say it is perfect, though. Application is tricky, as it is very thick and takes a while to absorb. My best strategy has been to dot it on my cheeks, forehead and nose, and then blend. Once it finally absorbs, though, it is not greasy at all, and I even forget that it is on (which has never happened with me and sunscreen before). It is neither greasy nor drying. I do not wear foundation, so I cannot comment on how face makeup would go over it. My powder blush goes over it fine. As for sun blocking power, it does the job as it should. While not my HG due to the slow absorption issue, I think it is as close as I am going to get.
UPDATE: After two weeks of use, I realized that this was breaking me out. I do not get pimples frequently (maybe one every other month), so I was surprised when I started getting deep down pimples (that could not even be popped). Sure enough, I stopped using this for a few days, and the pimples stopped forming, and the couple that had formed immediately went away. So, I am downgrading my rating to a 2, only giving it a 2 because it does block the sun. Off to Ulta today to try to find another physical blocker.