Ulta Eye Shadow

3.9

on 2/22/2015 7:01:00 PM

I bought this shadows a while back, but the got lost at the bottom of all my makeup, but I just did a clean and found them again a couple months back. I have 7 shades, 4 trials (Naked (GL), Cala lily (SH), Mystique (SH), Key West (SH)) & 3 full size (Mist (SH), Satine (SH), Sable (MT)). They are all pigmented, the shimmer shades may be a little less than the matte shades, but they do give a good color payout and you can put as little or pack more color. They blend great, and they have a great price for the amount of product you get. The last me all day and don't move, of course I always use a primer with all my shadows.
The only 2 shades I am not crazy for is Satine (pink) & Mist (olive green/yellow), the first one because the color doesn't look good on me, and the second one because it is a color I just don't ever think of. But for my everyday (actually everyday) simple routine, Sable (latte brown) and Naked (off white), are my go to shadows, Sable for all over lid and Naked as a inner corner eye highlight.
One last thing, Ulta has matte, shimmer (most of the selection of colors are this type) and glitter shadows, and the glitter one are very glittery so if it is day-wear use little if not it is going to look like nightwear. Naked is glitter and that is why I use a bit of it as a highlight in the inner corner.

on 1/29/2015 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Nice selection of colors and good amount of product in the pan at a reasonable price (especially if you get them on sale).
I'm on the fence about these shadows; they last all day with primer and I don't have a problem with creasing, fading, or fallout. I've bought Elegance, Mystique, and Twilight, and while they are pretty, there really isn't a lot of color payoff for me. There is quite a bit of shimmer in them and maybe that's why the colors don't show up a lot...I'm not sure.
My daughter uses Silk and Peacock and loves both of them. She uses silk as a wash with just her eyeliner, and Peacock as a lid color and they look really nice on her. (Very fair skin, dark red hair and green eyes).

on 1/23/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried alot of Ulta eyeshadows. The pluses for this brand is 1) cost 2) range of colors and 3) highly pigmented. I have been very fortunate to get alot of the eyeshadows for free. When there is a super sale, you can get these for about $1. I do get compliments when I wear these eyeshadows. But here is the negatives 1) very shimmery 2) no lasting power, it falls off into your eyes. I can deal with the shimmery by only using it for a night look, but the fact the eyeshadow flakes off into eyes is just too much. I wear contacts and I constantly have itchy watery eyes. I do prime my lids before using this, but it still falls off.

on 10/27/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great colors. Good lasting power. No creasing. Pleasantly surprised.

on 10/8/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The quality of these shadows are great and reasonably priced! If you can find a shade that you like, definitley purchase. I highly recommend!

on 10/8/2013 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Bermuda Sands, Seashell and Gunmetal. I truly love them all, but Bermuda Sands is my favorite shadow ever - a perfect peachy beige. I think I bought them a couple years ago, and maybe the formulation has changes, but I have no problems with them being chalky or getting a film. They also work great with a damp brush, just treat them more like baked shadows. Would repurchase if I run out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I'm not a big fan of Ulta eyeshadows as they can have tons of fallout, be chalky, not true to color, and not very longwearing.Now I'm not saying all of them are like that, just the ones I have used in the sets they sell. Individually, these eyeshadows are a tad too pricey for the quality they offer, but on sale I would say it's a fairly decent offer. I would not repurchase because I would opt for another less expensive, better quality drugstore brand or a higher end one.

on 4/8/2013 1:14:00 PM

I bought 2 dark Ulta eyeshadows to use as eyeliner on my bottom lashline and I really like how it lasts. I use a thin, flat eyeliner brush that came with my E.L.F. cream eyeliner to brush on the Ulta eyeshadow. It lasts all day and I can use as much or as little as I want. It seems to work both wet and dry for me. I also got it for steal at 2 for $6 sale.

on 3/22/2013 8:43:00 PM

General highlights: many colors, quick and easy, doesn't last long |||||
This is my go-to daily eyeshadow. I normally use it in Sterling in the winter, and switch to Aztec Gold in the summer. It's just a simple, one-shade shadow for your lids. It contains cornstarch, which helps makeup last longer, but I find that it fades and comes off very quickly. Definitely doesn't last all day. But it's good enough for a day at work or school, and you can get them at a pretty good price when Ulta has sales. They come in so many colors!

on 11/13/2012 7:29:00 PM

I got this eyeshadow in Wisteria Lane, which is a greyish purple color. It's a very subtle color but I think it's just that color, since I haven't tried any other shades of Ulta eyeshadow. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't smudge. I would buy it again, but probably in another color.

Popular Eye Shadows