January 30, 2015 | 1359 users online

Eye Shadow - Ulta - Eye Shadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2015 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must say that I haven't ventured into the world of real high end eyeshadow, so I can't really compare the Ulta eyeshadows to high end. However, for me, a beautiful selection of colors and a great price with a nice amount of product make this eyeshadow a winner. I'm not a big fan of palettes because I never use all of the colors, so I like buying one or two colors that I'll use.
I am fair, cool toned with blue eyes and I love the shades Elegance, Mystique, Sandstone, Twilight, and Mink. They are all neutral, taupe-y shades with Elegance leaning lighter, slightly lilac-y, Mystique is a cool taupe brown, Sandstone is a bit warmer taupe, Twilight is more of a cool, purplish taupe, and Mink is definitely more brown.
I have found that I definitely need a primer and quality eyeshadow brush to get good color payoff, and they last pretty much all day for me. I have not noticed any flaking off or irritation, and I have sensitive eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2015 10:47:00 AM More reviews by geekymakeup

I have tried alot of Ulta eyeshadows. The pluses for this brand is 1) cost 2) range of colors and 3) highly pigmented. I have been very fortunate to get alot of the eyeshadows for free. When there is a super sale, you can get these for about $1. I do get compliments when I wear these eyeshadows. But here is the negatives 1) very shimmery 2) no lasting power, it falls off into your eyes. I can deal with the shimmery by only using it for a night look, but the fact the eyeshadow flakes off into eyes is just too much. I wear contacts and I constantly have itchy watery eyes. I do prime my lids before using this, but it still falls off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Principessa13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great colors. Good lasting power. No creasing. Pleasantly surprised.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The quality of these shadows are great and reasonably priced! If you can find a shade that you like, definitley purchase. I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Bermuda Sands, Seashell and Gunmetal. I truly love them all, but Bermuda Sands is my favorite shadow ever - a perfect peachy beige. I think I bought them a couple years ago, and maybe the formulation has changes, but I have no problems with them being chalky or getting a film. They also work great with a damp brush, just treat them more like baked shadows. Would repurchase if I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of Ulta eyeshadows as they can have tons of fallout, be chalky, not true to color, and not very longwearing.Now I'm not saying all of them are like that, just the ones I have used in the sets they sell. Individually, these eyeshadows are a tad too pricey for the quality they offer, but on sale I would say it's a fairly decent offer. I would not repurchase because I would opt for another less expensive, better quality drugstore brand or a higher end one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by jsarrett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought 2 dark Ulta eyeshadows to use as eyeliner on my bottom lashline and I really like how it lasts. I use a thin, flat eyeliner brush that came with my E.L.F. cream eyeliner to brush on the Ulta eyeshadow. It lasts all day and I can use as much or as little as I want. It seems to work both wet and dry for me. I also got it for steal at 2 for $6 sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

General highlights: many colors, quick and easy, doesn't last long |||||
This is my go-to daily eyeshadow. I normally use it in Sterling in the winter, and switch to Aztec Gold in the summer. It's just a simple, one-shade shadow for your lids. It contains cornstarch, which helps makeup last longer, but I find that it fades and comes off very quickly. Definitely doesn't last all day. But it's good enough for a day at work or school, and you can get them at a pretty good price when Ulta has sales. They come in so many colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by kaylaarias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeshadow in Wisteria Lane, which is a greyish purple color. It's a very subtle color but I think it's just that color, since I haven't tried any other shades of Ulta eyeshadow. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't smudge. I would buy it again, but probably in another color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

These eyeshadows are fairly good for the price. Some of them are better than others. You can hardly tell what color you are put on because the color payoff is pretty bad and a lot of them look the same. The shadow fades a bit as well. Some crease, others don't.