July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Olay - Touch of Sun Body Lotion with sunless tanner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

It's really hard to find a self tanner that has a) a bearable scent, b) develops a natural color, and c) is easy to apply. I would give this product a 4/5 in all three categories. The scent is strong, but it's floral. There is a bit of a fake tan smell that comes along with it, but it's pretty minor, and it's unrealistic to expect it not to. Because this is a gradual tanner, the color does not develop to full intensity after just one use. However, it does after about three usually. Which isn't bad at all. The color doesn't develop quite as brown as I'd like, but it's better than most gradual tanners. The application process is easy, rubs in like a body lotion. However, it can get streaky easily and doesn't have a guide color as it as a body lotion. So take extra caution to get it rubbed in very well. Also, do NOT forget to wash your hands after use. It's easy to neglect to do so when you can't actually see the color when first applied, but as with any self tanners, you will sure notice it on hands and nails when it develops. Overall, this is one of my favorite gradual tanners because it smells pleasant, absorbs very quickly without a greasy feeling, and produces quick results.

Also, even though I'm fair, I purchased this in the medium/dark formula, as the ones designed for fair skin tones tend to have more orange tones in them rather than brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Xzarex

ATHLETES BEWARE!

I am as preparing for a fitness competition I would like to make my tan look as natural as possible, this means trying sunless tanners months before the show. What I've noticed is that after a month I would be decently dark (using the medium-dark) but after I got to that point then I would notice HUGE streaks running down my legs. Not attractive. I don't know whether this is because of how often I work out or whether it's just a bad product.

I really don't recommend for anyone who is active to use this for more than a few days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by doodlebunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is nearly impossible to find this product in light/medium but you can simply use the medium/dark lotion every three days to get a more subtle tan look.
Smell is of major importance to me when I buy self tanners. I have to buy something that is boyfriend approved. Jergen's is probably one of the worst smelling self tanners that I have tried. It was after trying the Jergen's that I, before buying any self tanner, have to smell a product first. I own the Lancome flash bronzer for legs and I was satisfied with the product but I just had to continue looking for a product that smelled better. Olay has a pleasant very subtle floral(?)/fresh clean scent. You can tell that theres a slight self tanner smell but the Olay scent seems to neutralize it.
Oh and you wont look like Edward Cullen on a sunny day in Cancun. No sparkles, no glitter-- which is a thumbs up for me.
PROS:
-no strong smell of chemicals
-subtle pleasant scent
-no streaks
-~$8 Canadian in drugstores
CONS:
-difficult to find light/medium version

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by josephine1234

HG lotion + sunless tanner. Honestly, the effect is subtle, and won't give you a dramatic tan, but it will definitely get you to glow if you were ghostly pale before using it. The best part? it works just as well as quench without the touch of sun. What a great moisturizer. Love double duty products. It doesn't streak, absorbs very quickly. I won't exfoliate every time I use it, but I do try to exfoliate with a scrub at least once a week. The rest of time I just wash with a loofah and apply out of the shower. (weekly applications = 4... I don't think you need more than that). Leaves skin looking warm and soft :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by marinabennett

I'm ghostly pale normally, so I originally tried to Light-Medium one first, but I found it didn't give me the sunkissed skin I was looking for, so I went up to Medium-Dark. What a great decision! I have an all-over, beautifully natural-looking tan now! One of the things I love about this stuff is that it applies very evenly: I've never seen a hint of streaking, which is amazing. Also, the opening is very small so you have better control over how much product comes out so you don't waste any - and really, you don't need a whole lot. So far, the tube has lasted me about 2 weeks so far, and seems to be still going strong. I go anywhere from 1-3 days between applications depending on different variables, but that's really all you need in order to maintain it. I bought this stuff for about $7 at Wal-Mart, and I'm definitely going back to stock up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkash1283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised to see so many people say this stuff doesn't stink because I can't stand it! As far as the gradual tan goes, this stuff works great. However, I will not buy it again because the smell is just too much for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great! I'm so happy I found a great product at the drugstore instead of at Sephora and have to pay $30. Even the expensive ones aren't guaranteed to be a good product so that's why I was on a hunt for a good self tanner at the drugstore. I'm glad I finally succeeded in finding one after a couple trial and errors.
I looove that this product a)doesn't stink b) isn't sticky c) isn't orange d) doesn't break me out. These qualities seem pretty reasonable to ask for in a self-tanner but it is almost impossible to find all these things. The most recent one I tested out was Banana Boat's Island Radiance and that was was too rich for my liking. It's fine for your legs but I'm not going to just apply it on my legs, I want color everywhere. It took a big longer to dry than what I'd prefer too. The worst part was that it broke me out in a couple zits on my chest and my chest is not prone to acne! I started realizing a ton of tanners have mineral oil in it. This is one of the very few that doesn't have it, yay! No breakouts so far. This is also not sticky, it takes about 5 minutes to dry and it's not greasy at all. It's the perfect consistency, it's light enough to not be sticky but moisturizing enough so that you don't need a moisturizer on top of this. This actually smells nice too, does not stink at all, just smells like lotion. And the color, like many have stated is faint but that's what moisturizers w/self-tanners are, they aren't meant to be dramatic since you use it everyday. In about 3 days, I did notice color. I don't want to be dramatically dark anyway since summer is over.
Anyways, I really like this product, it's pretty much the best I've found so far (spray tan-wise I love Sephora's brand). It's all that I was looking for in a self tanner.
I really should run out and pick up some more for backup, I haven't seen this anywhere else but at my local Jewel and it was on sale. Being discontinued? It would be just my luck!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

I don't know if I'm reviewing the right thing because mine isn't Quench like in the picture, maybe it's the old version? anyways, I have been using this for many years. I like to have a very subtle tan on my body, but I don't like sun damage and a real self tanner is too much work for me. Body lotion with gradual sunless tanner is where it's at. They're easy to use and look even. I use one for lighter skin every day, and I use the medium-deep one when I need some glow ASAP because it gives me a tan that looks like my skin does after a day outdoors in one day. If I build it up any more, it becomes a little too orange/dark. I often get compliments on my "tan" when I use this. Have repurchased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm about a NC15 and the lightest shade of foundation in every brand incl Japanese ones and have NEVER used a self-tanning or gradual tanning lotion before in my life. It was difficult trying to find time to get in the sun this summer so I knew I needed something to get my pasty legs more tanned and toned looking. I was so afraid of turning it darker than expected and drastically different from the colour of my face. I ended up going with Olay because I heard that it's one of the most subtle and gradual self-tanners out there, so true! I love this product. It smells sooo good. It has a light yellow tint to it and dries quickly when applied on the skin. The first day the difference is REALLY subtle, I think it just made my fair legs look 'warmer' but didn't really change the shade. I used it the second night and the next morning my legs were more tanned. But even then, no stranger would have noticed that my legs were a different colour than say, my arms, which was my worst fear. It just gave my scary looking white legs a healthy dose of colour and WARMTH. I think this product is excellent and really adjusts the colour to your unique body chemistry. I hope this product never gets discontinued because I will continue buying it one tube after another. I got mine for around $7 at Walmart.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this on sale instead of rebuying the Jergens sunless tanning lotion I usually use. The smell is bearable, but I find that this moisturizer provides little moisture and hardly any color. I will use up this tube, but I will not be repurchasing. I find the Jergens does a much better job of moisturizing and providing me with a little color.