Sephora Professionnel Platinum Powder Brush #50

4.5

on 9/22/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The Sephora Pro line does not have platinum handles anymore, but the brushes are still the same high quality. I love this powder brush. The bristles are very soft. It is a fluffy powder brush but because of the way it is shaped it makes powder much more controllable than typical fluffy powder brushes. I think it is the perfect size - not too big, not too small, perfect handle length, great balance. Easy to clean, dries fairly quickly, doesn't lose bristles. This is one of my favorite brushes, I would definitely repurchase.

on 3/13/2013 2:50:00 AM

I didn't pay for this brush, but I always use this for blush I really like it. It seems way too small, I didn't even know it was for powder until I looked closely at the handle its grey, says sephora professionnel and on the back powder-pouder. What do you know...The reason I rated 4 was its way too small for powder, I guess if you like working in small areas, personally I like the 187 MAC for applying powder. For packaging I rated it 3 because it sheds worst than the mac, not only when cleaning but every time I use it I pull hairs off cheeks and chest. Also the handle is coming a little lose I screwed it tight, but I know its not from water getting up there I treat my brushes like babies. Overall I am very pleased even though I ended up with this by accident, my friend left this in my make-up bag and I liked it so much for blush I swapped her on of my brushes she like. Lately, I have been using it for mac gentle (rasberry/gold) blush and I love how it leaves the perfect amount that I can keep building it looks very natural. Very pleased, will try for powder tomorrow.

on 5/4/2011 2:01:00 AM

Did not like this brush and ended up returning it. I like my brushes soft but I felt this brush was almost too soft and flimsy such that it did not apply product that well.

on 2/22/2011 2:15:00 AM

I love this brush. I don't use it to add product to my face really. More so to brush off excess powder/bronzer without losing what I just applied, and blend it all together. For that, it's perfect. It doesn't work that well for brushing off excess under my eyes, but that's another story. It works so well for the above mentioned use that I forgive it!

on 7/8/2010 5:00:00 AM

I wanted to love this brush after reading excellent reviews on it. It's aesthetically pleasing and quite soft...but for me it's useless. It does not apply powder or blush properly. It is not dense enough or is not the right shape. The hairs are flimsy and open, there is no "grip" to it to pick up or spread product. Just AWFUL for me and terribly overpriced. My Essence of Beauty brush albeit prickly did a better job. It's going back to Sephora soon. Perhaps my application skills need work but this doesn't do it for me. The hairs feel cheap, not like Too Faced Teddy Bear hair.

on 4/18/2010 10:46:00 PM

this brush is like 38 bucks thats a lot but i love it its synthetic which i love and its big and dense its perfect for finishing powders and Bronzer omg i love this brush for bronzer its excellent but a bit pricey

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

These Sephora Professionnel Platinum brushes are becoming my HG! (and I've used lots of other high end brands before like MAC, Jane Iredale, etc.) This is one of the best brushes I've ever used (along with Sephora's Professionnel Platinum HD Airbrush #55). Besides being super-soft it also allows you to use less product, since it deposits a good amount and gives good coverage. First I use the Sephora HD Airbrush #55 to put on my liquid foundation, then I use this powder brush to set it with some powder. I know some people might balk at the price (which is admittedly up there). However, this brush and the HD Airbrush #55 are good investments because with these, you don't have to use as much foundation or powder each time. So you can almost save a little by not going through other makeup products as quickly, and having to constantly re-purchase those. I'm more than happy with this!

on 12/5/2009 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

hg... love it!

on 7/26/2009 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I see that most are using the Platinum Powder Brush 50 for powder (hence the name, aha!). However, I adore it for applying BLUSH, more so than my MAC, GA, or TM blush brushes. It gives such a natural application!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really impressed by the level of quality that Sephora puts out in it's makeup, but even more so in the Professionnel line of platinum makeup tools.

This powder brush is no exception. The size and density of the bristles are just right. It picks up just the right amount of powder. I use this to apply my Nars Loose Powder. I think the brush works great for really finely milled powders and mineral powders as well.

What also impresses me is the softness of the bristles despite being synthetic. Really, with today's technology you'd never know and there is no reason to buy brushes made from real fur. I also like that the bristles are coated with an antibacterial somethin or other. I don't know how long this coating actually lasts but it makes me feel more hygenic :)

Popular Makeup Brushes