Sephora Professionnel Platinum Blush Brush #49

4.5

on 10/9/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I like this brush. Not the most amazing brush I have but it does the job of apply blush or bronzer. I prefer it over the new angled blush brush Sephora came out with. It is very soft and has never shed. It washes and dries well. Too bad they discontinued this.

on 9/22/2013 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got one of those awesome Lancome blush palettes that have a contour, blush, and highlighter in one compact. I was using a cheapo drugstore blush brush and it just was not performing to my satisfaction. So of course I went to Sephora and got a new brush from their pro line which have black handles now, not platinum.

I have always like angled blush brushes and this one is perfect. The angle is not too extreme. The brush is slim enough that it fits into the small pans in the Lancome palette for contour and highlighter, and applies those products and the blush like a dream. As light or as heavy as you want. This is typical high quality for its price point, very soft bristles, good ferrule that keeps all the bristles in the place, perfect handle length and balance.

I would definitely buy again.

on 3/6/2013 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If this holds up as well over the years as my Mac, Trish, and Sigma brushes I will edit it to 5/5. It's a newer brush that has only been cleaned a few times and I am in awe of what this thing can do with very little effort.

on 12/12/2012 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a good brush -- no "wow" factor, just a reliable tool that does what I need it to, no more, no less. I used this brush daily for over a year and experienced ZERO shedding, something I can't actually say for my other fancy MAC brushes. The bristles are soft and hold their shape, the density is perfect, it picks up a good amount of product and is easy to clean. However, like a previous reviewer said, there's something about the nylon bristles that can make deeper pigmented products streak or appear uneven if you're at all heavy-handed, and it doesn't blend out bright colors as seamlessly as I'd like. I now prefer my MAC 187 to stipple on brighter blushes, and use this as a highlighter/blender/undereye powder brush.

on 8/29/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This brush is hands down my favorite brush!

I didn't think I needed a new brush until I saw this baby. It was love at first "touch". lol The densely packed Taklon bristles in this brush were irresistible!

I use this brush everyday as a highlighter and contouring face brush. It has no problems picking up my blushes and powders.

I have questioned the quality of some Sephora brushes... but THIS one is Top-Notch!!

Highly Rec'd! Enjoy!

on 6/30/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Chinese, not much in the way of cheekbones.

The previous reviewer stole my thunder.. I am like Golidlocks!
Sigma F40 was too big and bit floppy.
MAC168 was too small.
Real Techniques by SC was just a tapered puff ball mess.
But the Sephora #49 is juuuuuuuussssttttt right!

on 5/30/2012 8:15:00 PM

When I wanted to upgrade my blush brush, I had no idea where to start. I felt like Goldilocks - one brush was too big, one was too small, and on and on. I started watching how-to videos on Sephora.com back when they were first introducing tutorials, and I noticed that the make-up artists always used this brush to apply blush. I gave it a try and was very impressed. I wondered how I ever lived without it.

This is an angled brush, so I use it to my advantage to create contours on my cheeks in order to bring out my cheekbones. However, the brush can easily be used for a natural look by blending away the edges, or just on the apples of one's cheeks. The bristles are perfect in my opinion as they are not too hard or too soft. And it seems to pick up the right amount of color - I dip it once into my blush and it picks up enough color to show up from the first sweep.

I use Tarte's Natural Beauty blush. First, I dip the brush into the pressed powder. Then, I move the brush in a diagonal line from behind my laugh lines toward my hairline. I do this on the lower half of my cheekbones. Then I do the same thing on the upper half of my cheekbone area. Next, I apply more color to the apples of my cheeks. Finally, I sweep the brush over all areas in order to disperse color and even out any hard edges. I dip the brush in the blush in between each application, for a total of four layers.

The only negative comment I have about this brush (aside from the $30+ price tag) is that I wish it came with a cap of some sort. I know that this is not typical for brushes, but I have seen several brushes at Sephora with this feature and I think it comes in handy.

I highly recommend this is brush. It took a lot of the guesswork out of blush application for me. The result is naturally appearing cheekbones and a flush of natural color that really highlights my better features.

on 6/19/2011 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

ummm there are no words...love this! i use this for powder, blush, and bronzer. amazingly soft, i keep touching my face with it

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I own alot of blush brushes but this is my first angled one. It is super soft but I don't feel like it does a good job at applying my blush smooth and evenly. The brush pick ups a good amount of product but have to work at blending out the product. I do think it's a good quality brush, might use it for applying bronzer.

on 1/23/2011 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The price works itself out in the lung run, I've had this and brush #47 (foundation) for almost a year. Still hasn't shedded yet and is still soft. I typically prefer natural brushes but this brush is very well made and applies color evenly. Love the entire line and am not opposed to repurchasing or purchasing other brushes from the collection.

Popular Makeup Brushes