October 21, 2014 | 1263 users online

Blush - Almay - Smart Shade Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this quite some time ago, over a year, I think. I got it in Natural/ Neutral. And truth be told, I didn't like it. It was very light on my tan skin and it looked like a disaster with my powder.
But as of lately I've been working a lot and my powder blush was just waaayy too dark for a daytime look and I found myself looking like one of those old ladies with too much makeup on. So I switched to a different powder blush and it was way too dark as well. So one morning hoping for a hail mary, I pulled this out of my makeup case.
Since I work between 8-10 hrs a day I don't bother with powder any more, so this blush looked really good when I put it on. I think that's key with cream blushes, don't use powder or they just look awful. Anyhow, the color was perfect for daytime. Not too light or dark. It's a pretty pink color and gives an illuminated look. I really like this blush for a daytime look. Probably too light for a night out though. It's affordable, so I'll be repurchasing this when I run out

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I purchased this recently at Big Lots and I chose the Berry and Bronzer shade. It was very inexpensive so I purchased two and wished for the best. The Berry shade is really nice and looks very natural on - a real "no makeup" look. It blends easily and gives a believable flush of colour. I would repurchase because it's so simple to achieve a natural look. Quick and simple.

The Bronzer I have had to use in a different way. I only use it over BB cream. If I try to apply it over regular foundation it tends to go on streaky and has too much of an orangey cast. I find the less I use of the bronzer colour the better. I can see using it more often when I have a slight tan rather than my pasty white winter skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this when it first came out. I even bought 2 different shades of this blush. The other one I tossed out long ago, but I still have 030 Berry. This is easy to apply and requires no brushes or tools. It goes on smooth and blends well. I did put on 2 layers of this though as the first one just looked like I hadn't applied blush at all so I guess I spread it too thin. I do really like the natural look this has on and it does not look like makeup at all when you are wearing it. I loved that. Now the reason I tossed the other one is that this tends to separate after time so when you squeeze the tube you end up with oil instead of the product. While I really love this I didn't love having to toss it before it was even empty because it separated. I still had more than half a tube left when it did that. This second one is doing the same thing so it is a formula issue not a batch or shade specific issue. Too bad as this is a wonderful product other than that.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by softballgirlx

Yea really doesn't do much. If you wanted to go for a no makeup makeup look it might be good. I find that when I sqeeze it out it looks marblely with differant shades in pink. And it smells gross. I might use it once in awhile to use it up but not a great product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethCML

I truly like this product, I have the shades berry&rose. It's a smooth blend-able blush that gives you a sheer but still there color payoff. Well done Almay!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by NAK3Dpalette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this at the drugstore while I was looking for a blush, and it looked interesting so I picked it up. Unfortunately this did absolutely nothing for me. It did not change colour when I applied it. It pretty much just blended into my skin and I was left with no colour on my cheeks. What a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I got this for less than 2 dollars in a discount store. Have always liked Almay because I have sensitive skin. I didn't care about the gimmick aspect but my bone dry skin does well with cream blushes so I thought it was worth a try. The color is a fair, cool pink that looks quite sweet. Applies well then makes like Houdini and disappears! I'm quite fair with light olive skin and yet this barely shows on me. I was happy about the color as it reminded me a lot of Stila Hint but in a creamier form. Would have loved it if it stayed the color as it firdt goes on

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I heard of this I thought it was a cool idea. The blush was just too light to show up for my taste.Dont just slap this on it can also show up anywhere and not where you would normally put your blush.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by tssslowe

This was my first and only cream/liquid blush... I was not impressed at all. It hardly showed up on my face, and in the spots it did it was all blotchy and looked like I had some terrible problem. I tried applying this multiple times; with a brush, with my finger, with a facial sponge, etc. NOTHING was making it work.

I really wish this worked out better for me, hesitant to buy another blush that's not a powder again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by elph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in pink/rose because the shade reminded me of Nars Orgasm, which is an awesome shade on fair skin of any persuasion. However, there is something about the Almay that makes it show up differently in different light. I put it on in a room lit with a full spectrum light bulb, and it looks very subtle, not unnatural. It ain't Nars Orgasm but it's pretty enough. Then I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror in a public restroom - and okay, I'll grant you that is not the most flattering light around, but whoah, clown pink cheeks! How could it look so completely different just from different lighting? And it wasn't like I was under disco lights or anything, just fluorescent lights. So I'm probably not going to experiment with this product again, since I can hardly stay away from cheap indoor lighting in my day to day routine. Sometimes you do get what you paid for.