August 30, 2014 | 932 users online

Eye Primer - Studio Gear - Shadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by balletrc10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye primer does not keep my eye makeup on at all. I feel it running and wind up with raccoon eyes. I wish I knew about Makeup Alley before I brought it waste of $16. I will keep using it until I run out. Then I will try the Urban Decay everyone is raving about. Hope it does well for me too

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice product, it's a cream. I use a wet/dry brush to apply and my eyeshadow and eyeliner stay put and does not crease. It's goes on smooth and my eye makeup lasts all day. I like the fact it comes in shades, gives my eye an even color. I use a little below my eye, since I apply a shadow there as a soft eyeliner and everything stays put. I had used Mac's, Urbhan Decay primer potion and Benefit. All were good. I like the cakes best (Mac, Studio Gear). No messy fingers.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mrsblackrosae

Expensive for how horrible this product is. It is dirt cheap but you get what you pay for. Try not to follow recommendations from ULTA reps. If you go asking around in their store for a primer, they will hand you this one. Do your research online (or somewhere else) before you go shopping for primers. This stuff dries too quick and if you keep blending after it starts drying, it cakes up and blotches. It creases even before you put eyeshadow on. especially on oily eyelids. It gives your eyes a creased blotchy look from the start. DO NOT BUY!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by PomMom12

Another eyelid primer FAIL for me. If you have oily eyelids, pass on this. I only tried it based on the recommendation of a ULTA salesperson. Back to the store it goes!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by MsSunshineGal27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not tried a whole lot of eye primers, but so far I have liked this one fairly well. The color helps smooth out my skin tone and it holds the shadow very well for someone who has very oily lids. I would use this again, however I would like to try some other brands to compare.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Covergrl1124

I purchased this at Ulta because the salesperson said it was the best for the price. It's easy to apply and does allow eyeshadow to stay on all day but it still creases and my eyeliner sticks to it, leaving a big line above the crease that I constantly have to blend.

I'll use it until its out but I don't think I'll purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by BrittaniB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer works but not as good as the others on the market, I only use it when I run out of my other eyeshadow primers.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mo2

I've actually rebought and used this primer for a very long time (years). The Bisque matches my skin perfectly, and that's why it's a hit with me.
I do have yellow undertones, and I'm not extremely fair either. A little goes a long way with this primer, and since it matches my skin tone, it just blends into my eyelids naturally. I also have fairly normal to dry eyelids.
It makes e/s last all day, and I like the texture of the primer. I notice with some bright e/s they will fade after a long day, but they need a bright pigment base to keep them vibrant.
But overall, I would say this is a decent primer .. just not for the super fair skintones.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by davefan77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bleh! I bought this on the recommendation of the Ulta salesperson and hated it. The primer was difficult to apply and so, so yellow. It dried way too bright and dark on my eyelids, changing my eyeshadow colors. It was a total waste of money. Thank goodness I learned about Urban Decay, my HG primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by lirial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product comes in a small tube with .35oz (10g). I paid $15 and had the choice between two shades: Bisque and Natural. I opted to buy both because I wasn't entirely sure of the match.

The product is easy and tidy to dispense, and not much would be wasted since it's a tube format. The consistency is similar to a liquid foundation. The bisque shade has yellow tones while the natural one is more pink. Both colors seem very dark, and there are no additional options for lighter skin tones.

The product glides on easily and dries quickly. My shadow adheres to it well and spreads and blends easily.

However, I will not repurchase this product because both shades are way too dark for my skin. For dark or highly pigmented shadows, I can see this working okay. However, when used with any light or sheer shadows, the primer product is totally visible and its poor match with my pale skin is very obvious.

If Studio Gear adds additional shades or transitions to a single, sheer product color, I will consider trying this again.