La Mer The Moisturizing Gel Cream

4.1

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Glycerin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuss (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptol, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Dimethicone, Sucrose, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleth-10, Caffeine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, PEG-8, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 4/21/2015 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little ex for a moisturizer but a little goes a long way. In any case, this doesn't just moisturize, it leaves the skin kinda baby soft just after one week of use. Wish it came in a pump bottle instead of a tub but no biggie.

I tried this cream when I stayed over at my cousin's place but did not find any difference after application, so I decided not to buy it.
However, I tried this product the second time and my face looked and felt amazing the next day.
I applied Lancome Vissionaire serum and continued by applying gel de la mer. This combination worked sooo well for me.

Pro
Diminish small acne scar
Prevent acne
Not oily for my normal to combi. skin

Cons
Pricey

on 8/22/2014 7:43:00 AM

Not really like the gel/light version, too light as a cream. When use it at night, it is toooo light , when use it at day, it won't hydrate my skin for all day. Will keep buying the original version. The gel maybe work for really oily skin.

on 7/12/2014 8:26:00 AM

This is one of those hydrating sleeping packs that seals in moisture and makes your skin look plump and gorgeous. I thought I hated this product when I was trying to use it as a day cream. It has such an airy and lightweight texture, and yet by the end of the day my face would be a greasy, oily mess when I used this. I also wasn't crazy about the sticky feeling upon application. Then, I tried a different product with a similar lightweight gel texture that also left the same sticky-type feeling, except this product was specifically intended for night use (Laneige Water Sleeping Pack). And it turned out to be something I absolutely loved for my skin. So I started to use the La Mer Moisturizing Gel Creme as a night cream instead.
Amazing results! I wake up to dewy-fresh, hydrated skin which actually seems LESS oily. And it absorbs more quickly than the original CDLM so that's a plus. Non-clogging and non-irritating (in fact it has that wonderfully soothing effect on my skin that I always count on La Mer for). But I don't see why they don't package this gel-creme in a pump dispenser rather than a jar, the consistency is thin enough- it would be fine in a pump. But that's a minor complaint about packaging, the product itself is excellent. Would definitely repurchase.

on 7/10/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of this when I bought their loose powder. I had always said I would never spend that much on skincare, but after about a week of using the sample, I loved it. I bought a ful size and have been using it ( along with La Mer Cleansing Gel) for about two months, I have noticed great changed in my skin,,,,my little pimples have gone, my skin is healthy and rosy looking. I also donīt seem get as oily in the afternoon. My husband gets irritation and redness after shaving and it has really helped him.I love the light texture and lack of scent. ( it has alight light scent when you open the jar, but no scent once itīs on the skin) If my budget will allow, I will by this again.

on 7/27/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had been eager to try this for so long, but the price tag always turned me off. While pregnant with my third child, my skin (which pre-pregnancy was oily, sensitive, and break-out prone) went through a rollercoaster of changes. It would be oily one week and dry the next, I was also bothered by flakiness and my skin would feel tight after moisturizing. I had also noticed very fine wrinkles, which I was not happy about. I normally use retinol, but that had started to irritate my skin. I needed something extremely gentle, but would sooth and repair my skin, wouldn't clog pores or cause breakouts, be highly moisturizing, but not too rich. I finally decided I needed to try this. After a lot of contemplation and reading reviews, I went with the Gel-Cream formula.* The Gel-Cream is a translucent, thick, but very lightweight and cool cream. It absorbs instantly into my skin and at first I wondered if it was going to be moisturizing enough. It is wonderful! This is so gentle but deeply moisturizing without being greasy or heavy. It doesn't cause breakouts or clog pores. I'm in love with this cream and it's still just as amazing post-baby. The only con about this was that it wasn't quiet moisturizing enough during the harshest, driest days of winter. I received a sample of the Soft Cream with this and it was perfect on those extra-dry days. Since a little, pea-sized amount covers my whole face, a little of this cream goes a long way. When I get to the bottom of the jar I'll plunk down the cash and buy it again.

* The other La Mer formulas I was considering were the Soft Cream (which I worried would be too rich and cause breakouts), the Lotion (its description was nearly identical to the Gel-Cream, but I was concerned its texture would be too thin and wouldn't have the deep moisture I needed), and the Oil-Absorbing Lotion (which, although oil-free, I didn't think it would help when my skin had a dry week)

on 7/19/2013 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product at all, it caused lots of tightness, redness and broke me out as well. :/ I've got dry, sensitive skin so it's probably why I would rank the cream higher. Better for oily skin, I think. Don't like the jars either, unsanitary and inconvenient for those of us who have little time to spend on ourselves.

on 6/28/2013 6:25:00 PM

My favourite moisturiser. I have a very sensitive skin, very often I have allergy reactions, but not with gel from La Mer. I use it for few years already, sometimes I try something new from other brands (as I like to experiment), but every time I come back to this product. My absolute must have.

on 6/24/2013 4:13:00 AM

This version of the La mer cream works better on my skin, it contains no mineral oil and does not break out my skin. However, I feel that it is not as moisturizing. Although my skin type is combination, there are areas (cheeks) that are dehydrated and even after applying a generous amount of the cream my face skin still felt dry and not moisturized. I have used it during summer periods and as I apply SPF (Chanel SPF 50 or La Mer SPF 30) on the top of it, it was ok because SPF is already quite heavy and it was good to have something very light underneath. I have use 2 jars of it and will probably not repurchase it as I have been using Alpha-H Liquid Gold for a year, which has worked wonders on my skin but I feel that a proper moisturizer is needed in order to keep the skin in balance. At the moment I use Omorovicza Night cream both day and night and I really like it.

on 5/10/2013 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This gel is pretty nice. So smooth, your skin feels very moisturized... I am very acne prone and this has never made me break out. The only things I do not like are the price and the packaging. The price I can handle, having to dip that spoon in every time... Even if I clean it I still feel like it is a little unsanitary. Make sure you give it time to soak in completely before applying any makeup, it is a bit heavy and takes about ten minutes. My other complaint would be that it doesn't seem to do much to help my skin, just not make it any worse.

Popular Moisturizers