LUSH Massage Bar Tin

3.9

on 10/17/2012 9:43:00 PM

PROS
--- convenient & perfectly sized for the oval massage bars

CONS
--- cheap & made in China. I know this for a fact.
--- each one is shipped to Lush in a plastic sleeve that gets thrown away, so it's not environmentally friendly.
--- a rip-off to the customer because it's seriously overpriced
--- lid can easily pop off in a suitcase, purse, etc.

This is an easy add-on sale for a Lush employee and major profits for the company. While I love Lush, this product just breaks several of their stated values. If you're looking for a cute tin to gift this in, try your local dollar store or even Goodwill because people get rid of metal tins alllll the time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you're only going to be keeping your products at home, this is fine, although expensive (which is why I gave it a 3). However, if you travel a lot and bought a tin specifically for this reason, these are rather useless. I bought a tin for a deodorant bar and baby face. Both tins came open in my suitcase and the products went all over my clothes. I would have been better off sticking with my original method of wrapping everything in sandwich bags.

on 1/27/2010 9:13:00 PM

Do not pay for these, they are only worth it when you get them for free with 2 massage bars, but I love them. Unless the shampoo tins, you can actually get the massage bar back out. Unfortunately... not all massage bars are shaped to fit this tin.

on 3/21/2009 12:34:00 PM

Only worth it if it's free (when you buy 2 bars). Great for storing! I think they make it $4.95 to encourage you to buy 2 massage bars.
Update: price of tins has been lowered to $2.95 correct me if I'm wrong

on 5/26/2008 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These tins are great. Not as great as the shampoo bar tin (they click shut) but almost. I use these for massage bars and it works just fine. I would never pay 4.95 for one but I get em free all the time. Handy little tin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got my tin for free..(yes I got 2 bars)....I don't see what's with all the bad reviews. the tin keeps my bar it great condition and perfect for travel. It's worth it if you get it for free!

on 11/25/2007 11:27:00 AM

Okay, I'm a sucka for matching stuff, so I like to have the square body butter tin, round solid shampoo tin, and this oval massage bar tin all in an enticing bathroom display. However, I would never pay full-price for one of these. I only get them when they are offered free. If you experience problems with your product getting stuck in the tins, line the tin with a small piece of parchment or waxed paper, and the bar will come right out. These tins are pretty good for traveling. Also, if you're into cutting down on packaging, you could give a friend a gift of a bar nestled inside a tin, and just adorn it with a bow or a leaf.

Popular Accessories