April 24, 2014 | 1329 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - L Ete en Douce

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just got myself a bottle from a niche perfumery shop. I loved it from very first spray. I should say I did not know what to expect and the scent appeared quite unique to me compared to anything else I own.
I would love it for both spring and summer days when I need just a light swift of perfume which is rather skin scent than a tail-y fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by ayala

Reminiscent of fragrant twigs and freshly soaped skin, l't en Douce is light and ethereal and I find it wears better on fabric than on my skin. On fabric it unfolds with the subtle honey nuances of linden and orange blossom with hints of petitgrain; where as on skin, the clean "white musks" and synthetic "white woods" notes are taking over. And there is also an underlining bitterness, reminiscent of almonds but not quite - the mark of coumarin (hay is listed among the notes, but there is non of its delicious sweetness, so I think it's just coumarin - adorable all the same, but just a little flatter).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous summer fragrance, very sheer and feminine. On me it's linden-dominant with some support from green leaves and a hint of orange blossom. It reminds me of a favourite passage in Raymond Chandler's "The Long Goodbye": "She was standing close to me. I smelled her perfume. Or I thought I did. It hadn't been put on with a spray gun. Perhaps it was just the summer day." It would be a five but for its fleetingness, a typical L'Artisan trait.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by HelenVanPattersonPatton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember receiving a sample of this when it was first released under "Extrait de Songes" and I was immediately smitten. I knew I'd go through bottles, plural. I adore L'ete en Douce (Soft/Sweet Summer Day? Anyone?) and keep a bottle handy, as it it refined and genteel; perfect for any given relaxing day filled with sunshine, clean cotton dresses hanging on the line, cool breezes on a porch swing and Southern Comfort. I am all in when a fragrance lists hay as a note, and I'm also a fan of linden. This one has both, which are the two stand out notes. I sometimes find both orange blossom and musk a bit much for my liking, but they are well balanced here, and the mint is very subtle. I wear L'ete en Douce on occasion in the winter, but truly enjoy spritzing with abandon on lazy summer days. As my favorite Jour de Fte has been discontinued, I imagine I'll reach for this one more often in the future. It's gorgeous and refined but still fun and sparkly. Notes: mint, rose, orange blossom, linden, hay, woods, and white musk

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking for a cross between Ivory soap and Tide, this is the one for you! Sadly, it makes me sneeze. Once it gets into the drydown, though, it mellows out and becomes quite soft.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by FeySparrow

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This sounds so nice that I have no earthly idea how it can turn so awful on me. The notes include mint leaves, rose, orange blossom, linden, green hay, white woods, white musk, and dogwood. This is the sort of thing Id jump to buy unsniffed, and illustrates why I must not. Its supposed to bring to mind the dew on the grass in the cool evening after a warm summer day. I get that its green and cool, but regretfully on me its more like lying in a weedy ditch with diesel trucks going past. Good luck. It has to be better on everyone else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 7:54:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree that it is a calm fragrance, "summery". Fresh and clean, somehow very dry, but at the same time a way too detergent-like. I usually like those kind of "clean", even soapy smells, but this one developes into a too "laundry-detergent" type of scent. It lacks a "sparkle".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm testing this for the first time today. It reminds me a bit of Malle's En Passant because it has the same wheat (hay?) note, but it's not as strong as it is in En Passant. I also got a note of linden - I'm glad the reviewer below said it because I wasn't sure what I was smelling but just thought to myself, "linden!". :-) This is a very pleasant summery fragrance. It reminds me of being in the country during summer, the smell of fields and country lanes. I think it's a bit nicer than laundry sheets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this scent! For me at least what's not to love!? L Ete en Douce is a perfect scent for a hot humid weather we have every summer, it lifts my spirits - it's perfect for the office as well as weekends when I just want to relax. I find it soothing and calming and delicate in a way, but at the same time it's attractive and happy. L Ete en Douce sure knows how to get a compliment and gets noticed every time I wear it :). Oh and I better mention that on me it lasts all day as I get compliments on it hours and hours after application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by sucrose77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know some people put this scent down for smelling like an air freshener, but I think this is what air fresheners aspire to be. You know those laundry detergents with pictures of sunshine and flowers and meadows on the front -- this actually smells like those pictures. Lovely linden, orange blossom, and hay, with a bit of sweetness. It smells impossibly fresh and idyllic. One of my favorite pick-me-up scents for hot weather or general doldrums.

Edit: I now prefer IUNX Eau Baptiste, which to me is a more naturalistic take on this idea with orange blossom and wheat.