Lancome Photogenic [DISCONTINUED]

Lancome Photogenic [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Octyl Methoxycinnamate 7.4% (This is an active ingredient found in most sunscreens). The Ingredients include: water, dimethicone, cyclohexasilxane, glycerin, trifluoromethyl C1-4 alkyl dimethicone, stearic acid, propylene glycol, peg 8, dimethicone copolyol, glyceral stearate, triethanolamine, peg 20, talc, sodium chondroitin sulfate, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, Ginkgo biloba extract, atelocollagen, cellulose gum, kaolin, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium aluminum silicate, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, ginseng extract, xanthan gum, methylparaben ,butylparaben, and diazolidinyl urea (May also contain mica).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I tried this product in a sample I received from a Lancome counter and I'm so glad I got a sample before buying it. This product makes me look dead! It is so matte and the color range is not so great for light Medterranean skin tones. It's VERY matte to the point of making the skin appear dead or something... at least it did with me. I would not recommend this or buy this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is absolutely fabulous.My skin looks flawless, and it hides every imperfections. I suggest you wear the dual powder to complete the entire flawless finish....

thankfully, i just got a giant sample from the nice SA at nordstrom's. i'm looking for smth to replace my EL doublewear light, which is looking cakey by the end of the day. my skin is dry, can be sensitive and break out. fun!
the photogenic was a beautiful color match, and felt like velvet when applied with a brush. seen from a bit of a distance, it was flawless. however, when i went home i wanted a less heavy application -- and this, alas, does not work.
on me, the foundation ends up sitting on top of my skin, and looking obviously *there* esp. on my nose and chin. by the end of the day, my normally dry skin has started to feel oily and slick in the t-zone, which never happens with EL.
so overall, not a winner.

this is my first lancome foundation. got it on a discount.
im not sure of the shade ive got, but I must say its a pretty good match for me.

pros:
gives me a lovely radiant, glowy finish
great coverage(medium-heavy coverage.)
easily blendable, can layer on more.to give extra coverage

cons:
a bit on the pricey side.( but its defintely worth the price)
oxidises fast. i get one shade darker at midday
oil control isnt that fab( i have combi skin)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great foundation for light to medium coverage. Gives a nice glow ! The color is perfect with no lines.. It's a bit pricey but it lasts forever and stays put for the day .I have sensitive skin so I have to be careful with foundation it can make my skin bumpy !!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Just as i was getting really fed up of my foundation looking horrible all the time and my friends' looking perfect i found this :D
I LOVE this foundation!!! It's amazing!! I have been through so so soo many!!!! Chanel, dior estee lauder, clinique and none worked all looked cakey and seem to go really dry on my face! I tried a bit of this in store and smudged it on my hand it was so soft!!! Had to get it!
This foundation is specifically for dry skin! it covers pores and is lovely absoluty gorgeous. longest lasting foundation I've used and makes my complexion look so healthy.
I use it with the both cleanser and toner from lancome and the genifique serum so expensive but amazing, and then the bobbi brown hydrating face and eye moisterizer,and last the lancome primer...and my make up goes on beautifully.
Also the lancome eye make up remover is amazing makes your under eyes feel like silk, although feels slightly oily but says it isn't so not sure!!!
If you have dryish skin which will more often be dull aswell this is amazing for the complexion and lovely coverage. deffo won't regret it.

I used to like Lancome foundation (teint idole mostly which I LOVED) and then they discountinued it (bummer), so I tried Photogenic and it is not good, my face look powdery, my pores look bigger and strangely enough "create" wrinkles! I'm 30, never smoke of my life or tan so technicaly I do not have wrinkles so to have wrinkles after putting this product on my face kind make me wonders what's up with this product. I think this expensive foundation is not worth it and I will never purchase this product again!

I have used just about every foundation out there. MAC Studio Fix, HD Make Up Forever, Revlon PhotoReady, Revlon Color Stay, Loreal True Match, Cover Girl TruBlend....etc. etc. FINALLY I have found a foundation that is perfect for my skin. Lancome's Photogenic Lumessence does not look cakey, it does not settle in my fine lines and it does not feel like I have makeup on. I love the coverage and it gives such a glow without looking unnatural. The price is more than I would like to pay but I'm sitting here looking at 6 barely used bottles of various foundations. I think this one is worth it!! I love this makeup and will purchase it as long as they provide it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have large pores(which gets blocked easily),oily T-zone and uneven skin tone. I have tried dior forever,clinique superbalance makeup and chanel double perfection compact pressed powder(among many others)....but lancome is the best one so far. I was amazed at how it looks on me!!! I am asian so I have a more yellow undertone and No 3 is a perfect match for me. dior tends to be too 'white' and clinique is 2 pink. chanel was also a good colour match but the compact makes my skin look dry and flaky so I have stopped using it.

my friends even ask if I have makeup on when i use lancome because it looks so natural. it has a soft glow and does not look fake and masky like dior forever. it has medium coverage but when i need more coverage i just apply an extra layer. it doe not control my oily skin the whole day but thats expected as it suppose to have a natural look. a loose powder & some blotthing paper will fix the oil easily.

the staying power is quite good but if i go clubbing the heat and sweat will take some of it away.but it does not streak even when it starts to come off a bit from the sweat (unlike l'oreal true match which left orange lines on my face the whole day -so embarrassing)

this is my perfect foundation for now until i find a better one.Im on my 2nd bottle already....this is the first time I have bought the same foundation twice.

in the summer time, I do not like this because my skin gets so oily and this slides right off and feels much too moisturizing. The texture is very smooth, and it feels like a hydrating day cream. However, in the winter my skin gets dry and this is really nice. I tried Dior Nude and it was awful, and felt wierd on my skin, so I went and tried this again and it was great. For reference, I also like to use Chanel hydramax tinted moisturizer right now. I like this one most out of all of Lancome's foundations, because once you put it on (if you have normal, normal/dry, or dry skin) it sinks it but it still gives you some coverage without looking like make up. It is very natural if you get matched correctly.