November 24, 2014 | 2045 users online

Polishes - Orly - Robo Romance

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

'Robo Romance' is a milky pink with iridescent silver and pink glitter. Application is pretty sheer but streak free so it took three coats to get it opaque. (could probably get away with two). Reminds me a little of OPI's Bubble Bath, but with glitter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a sheer baby pink with microglitter. You can't tell how sheer it is until you apply it. It looks opaque in the bottle. Love the rubber top though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Robo Romance is a sheer, milky, cute pink with glitter that gives my nails the slightest wash of color. One coat is enough for me; I find that one coat showcases the glitter best. The sparkles are not fine, but they don't show up as large, gaudy particles. Usually, I dislike light, nudey, Essie-like colors on my nails, but the glitter, and the fact the pink is a pastel, rather than more skin-toned, gives it an edge. I like buying this one in the mini size, which comes with a good brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 4:33:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

This is like a pumped up neutral as it has the glitter bits swimming in the ocean of a nude with a slight hint of milky pink. It applies nicely and great for when you want something neutral, but a little more jazzy. However, i must say taking this off is a little more difficult than a polish with no glitter in it (obviously) but it isn't as terrible as you would think ..esp if you are using a good basecoat with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Orly's Robo Romance (48647) is a cute, glittery light pink polish available in a small-sized 18 fluid ounce/5.4 mL bottle. At one coat, you don't see a lot of color, but you definitely do see a lot of glitter. With two coats of RR, you do see a milky every-so-slight light pink base appear, along with even more glitter. I stopped at two coats because that was enough glitter for me! I had no problems with the brush or the formula of RR.

Compared with OPI's I Pink You're Adorable!, IPYA is definitely more sheer plus it has red microshimmer that RR doesn't have. RR's glitter is also much more present- it's absolutely loaded with glitter- but somehow that glitter doesn't seem as refined. Perhaps that's because there's so much more of it, though. I did notice that IPYA is slightly smoother than RR with a coat of Seche Vite over it, but neither is lumpy or bumpy enough to irritate me. Because it doesn't have the red shimmer and it has more glitter, RR may be the polish most little girls prefer. It would be absolutely adorable on the little fingernails of a little girl. And since it's a mini, the smaller brush might be ideal for smaller fingers (and toes.) But I do think that an adult could pull this polish off, though personally for me I'd probably try it on toes next time. If you're not a glitter lover, pass this polish on by, period.

I don't think that RR would look bad on anyone, regardless of age or skintone, since it's mostly glitter. (I'm a cool-toned NW 15/Winter.) I'm giving it a 3 lippie rating right now because it's fun, but not a must-have for me. I can barely make out the ingredients on the side of the bottle, but I don't think this polish is free of toluene, and it does contain formaldehyde resin.