October 30, 2014 | 705 users online

Polishes - OPI - I Pink You're Adorable!

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OPI's I Pink You're Adorable! (UL 012) was one of the limited edition Ulta exclusive Valentine's Day polishes from 2006. I nabbed one last year, but kept putting off using it because it was so... glitterlicious. IPYA in the bottle is a very soft light pink with a very tiny touch of light beige/nude. And it has plenty of small glitter shining blue, green, silver and pink. What you may not see, unless you're looking pretty hard, is the soft red hot shimmer that's so fine it's almost an overlay. This is a nice added dimension in a polish that may look, at first glance, like a color you'd let your young daughter wear on special occasions or when she's playing dress-up as a princess.

On the nail at one coat, you get a tiny touch of color, some glitter, and the red microshimmer. But I think stopping at one coat is a mistake- I personally feel that you probably aren't going to get enough glitter in one coat to justify using this polish. ;-) I mean, if you're going to wear glitter, wear it proudly! At two coats, you do get more of a pink body along with a good amount of glitter and microshimmer. I'm more than satisfied with this at two coats. IPYA brushes on very easily; I had no problems with the formula or the brush. Compared with Orly's Robo Romance, IPYA is definitely more sheer plus it has microshimmer that RR doesn't. RR's glitter is also much more present- it's absolutely loaded with glitter- and somehow that glitter doesn't seem as refined. Perhaps that's because there's so much more of it, though. I did notice that IPYA is slightly smoother than RR with a coat of Seche Vite over it, but neither is lumpy or bumpy enough to irritate me. Because it doesn't have the red shimmer and it has more glitter, RR may be the polish most little girls prefer. But for us adults who crave some glitter and fun in our lives might like IPYA a little bit more. I don't know how often I'll wear this on tips, where I have it now, but I don't think I'll have any problems with it on toes.

This polish might be a bit difficult to find because it was LE, but if you like lighter shades of polish and glitter and you do find a bottle of IPYA, consider picking it up. I can't think that it would look bad on anyone, regardless of age or skintone. (I'm cool-toned NW 15/Winter.) I'm giving it a 3.5 lippie rating right now because it's fun, but not a must-have for me. Also, since this polish is from 2006, it is not available with the Prowide brush and it is assumably not free of dibutyl phthalate, toluene, or formaldehyde either.