September 20, 2014 | 1520 users online

Fragrances - Juliette has a Gun - Miss Charming

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

yes, as many of the reviewers noticed, this perfume is very,very simmilar to Stella McCartney's first beautiful rosy miracle called- Stella...but it isn't all that rosey and all that fresh as Stella is...
this is a full,yummy perfume which contains flowery gaden of verious roses,but it tastes like a limonade with some other fruit involved...Whereas Stella IS a tosy lamonade, fresh and a bit sauer in the base, JHAG Miss Charming goes fruity (litchee) and remains soft,but sweeter...
it is an ultimate spring perfume,thugh I kinda prefer Stella beacuse of it's grown-up-ness...
still this is a very cheerful, and not childish at all-perfume for all of you who like their roses a tad sweeter and fruitier...

great fume,and the lasting power is amazing -I can detect it very clearly even after 10 hrs!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Luiza16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very harsh to begin with, Miss Charming transforms into a softer fruity/berry rose after a while. Although not my cup of tea, I keep coming back to it...
P.S. I like it more when layered with Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by yueti

A nausea-inducing total scrubber to me, comparable to YSL Parisienne in its dreadfulness. Shame, because JHAG's other stuff (Citizen Queen and Midnight Oud in particular) are superb.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

My problem with Miss Charming is that despite being a gorgeous, fresh, charming rose, it's not original enough to warrant the price - when today my Body Shop Moroccan Rose stood up quite favourably next to it. I love Francis Kurkdjian's musky, soapy rose scents - Lanvin Rumeur and Narciso Rodriguez in edp (love the edt most, but it's less rosy). So of course, I like Miss C a lot too. It's a fresh pink petal scent with a gently stemmy dry-down that evokes greenery, whilst remaining sweet and soft. I wish I got some strawberry from this, which could set it further apart from Moroccan Rose or Stella. I do think this is a staple kind of scent and I'd get a lot of wear out of it, but Lady Vengeance is my full-bottle choice; her little sister will only join her if I feel very affluent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

A clean, light-smelling rose with a hint of tart fruit and musk, Miss Charming strikes me as highly wearable, office- and elevator-friendly, and cheerful. It's the type of "barely there" scent that makes you smell good without smelling too perfumey in an environment where "perfuminess" is frowned upon.

When it dries down, a curious thing happens: it starts to smell almost--but not quite-- like a dupe of Versace Bright Crystal. I thought I was imagining it at first, so today I applied my samples of Miss Charming and Bright Crystal nine inches apart on my left arm to see how they would evolve. And sure enough, I discovered a complementary vibe between the two, as if one were a flanker of the other. But I do think they are different enough that you could justify owning both-- particularly if you are a fan of the "perfume for environments where perfume is discouraged" genre.

I see that two previous MUA reviews have commented on Miss Charming's striking similarity to Bond No. 9 Bryant Park, but I haven't tried that myself, so I can't add to the discussion on that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

I got this for Christmas from my husband, I wanted it for the cute packaging. I have the little bullet roll on it's totally adorable! Anywho I'm not very good at describing scents but it reminds me a lot of Narciso Rodriguez for her the edp. So if you like that I would think you would like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

All JHAG fragrances are wearable and Miss Charming is no exception. Pretty fruitty, floral melange of freshness that is uber feminine and mellow. This would be a wonderful fragrance for a younger girl starting her collection or looking for a bright and cheerful floral to wear daytime. It's unlike anything mainstream. I expected it to me comparable with Dior MIss Dior Cherie and it is -- in the same vein mind you but not as sweet and girlie. It's more demure, but still remains effervescent as Miss Dior Cherie. I like Miss Charming more and like my commets about Miss Dior Cherie -- it's a fragrance to be enjoyed by all women from 8 to 88 and beyond. If you like it wear it. I think this would be a very safe giftable fragrance as I cannot imagine anyone hating this. Pretty, feminine and wearable. I think the bottle is chic as well. Enjoy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Rose always strikes me as an evening scent and very mature, this is just my general impression. And from someone who isnít a big rose fan, Miss Charming is nice and light enough that it doesnít bother meóin fact, I kind of enjoy it. This doesnít strike me as an overwhelmingly mature, ROSE perfume because I sense a sort of clean/modern musk (almost fabric softenerish?) and even the tiniest hint of baby powder. The ingredients include Moroccan rose, musks and wild fruits, which I canít name but can barely detect. I think the whole composition is put together well and is very feminine. Longevity is good (makes it through the entire work day and I can even smell faint whiffs of it here and there on a scarf the next day), and the scent stays close to the skin on me. For someone who isnít into the heavy rose scents, or want a more modern yet slightly traditional smelling rose, Iíd recommend Miss Charming. $80 for 50mL in a cute, but simple white bottle.

To be fair, I received a sample as a thank you for an order I placed; it came in a lovely envelope package with a tiny insert describing what the perfume is aboutÖI didnít pay for this and would never have chosen to sample but Iím happy to have the opportunity to wear it. Iíll finish my sample but wonít buy.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by bettyboop11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

cute packing, smells as poissoned roses(!!), summer fresh fragrance, not long lasting on my ph, expensive, in my opinion Romano Ricci is still in diapers to make a good perfume, is just ok...next!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by pixelprincess

I never thought I would like something like this. It's too bright, cheery, and girlish - but I still love it. I am a huge fan of Lady V. and got a sample of this with my last bottle. It's perfect for sweet summer occasions. I haven't worked up to buying a bottle yet because it seems so pricey for a perfume that I might only wear occasionally. However during the spring I found myself reaching for the sample again and again for daytime wear. I don't know about love with this one but I'm definitely in like.