July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by LillyBBBW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love love love this shampoo. This shampoo is very strong but this is what I need. I have afro kinky loc'd hair and the worry about buildup is a huge problem. When I feel like I need a clean slate I dilute this shampoo in warm water to pour all over my saturated locs. It lathers up like nobody's business and clears everything right out. Conditioners really work after using this shampoo and my hair is light and smells great. Bear in mind, this stuff will strip your hair of everything you use and is not for everyone and only for occasional maintenance. It is a serious straight up clarifying shampoo. If you use a lot of products on your hair this just may be the shampoo for you. I bought tons of it just so I won't run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this since the scent is so good. Also I am drawn into the color teal like a hawk.
Unfortunately this made my hair feel a little too "clarified". The only time I would want to use this is if I haven't washed my hair in 3 days, it's just way too stripping. This would be good for a camping trip, or traveling, when you get that really gross, "oh please get me clean!" feeling. But for me, for daily life, it's just too much. I want something more gentle and moisturizing, I prefer free me freesia, champagne kiss, and strawberries & cream.
My brother seems to like this so maybe it's a good pick for guys.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't really see the benefits of a clarifying shampoo. This just seems to dry my hair out. I use lots of hair products, many with silicones, so I thought I'd give this the occasional try in rotation with my usual sulfate free shampoos. It smells great, and I didn't notice any stripping of my hair color or fading. My hair was shiny when I got out of the shower, but when I styled my hair as usual, it was definitely parched.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the smell of this shampoo so much that I bought 10 bottles so I wouldn't run out... it smells DIVINE! Plus each bottle only costs $1- it's ridiculously cheap. But I realized that you can't use it as a daily shampoo- it will dry your hair out too much. I learned that the hard way after my hair started snapping every time it was pulled too much. (My bf literally HEARD a few strands of hair snap.)

I should've read that it was a CLARIFYING shampoo, which means you're supposed to use it when you have a lot of product build-up, not every day. I still love the smell, so I'll keep using this after I use a lot of product in my hair. I have to keep looking for a moisturizing shampoo for daily use, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells divine. Like a sweet but minty scent. I get giddy using this but its hard searching for this little gem. I use the Strawberry and kiwi lime but if I was given the choice, I'd pick this for its awesome smell and its gentle cleansing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I don't know about everyone else but I found this shampoo to be very very drying. My hair felt like straw as I was washing it out, and I don't even use a lot of it. Not softening at all, and after blow drying there was no shine. I'm going to stick with suave professionals- much easier on the hair and my hair looks shiny and feels smooth afterwards. Gave the Vo5 away. The only thing I really like about it is the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by SenlinSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of VO5 products. They work better on my hair than any expensive salon shampoo I've ever tried. However, this particular shampoo is even BETTER than what I've come to expect! My hair is long, thick, and tends to be dry, flyaway, tangly-- you name it. After one shampoo-ing with this, I can easily finger-separate and braid my hair one day later. Usually I'd have to brush and brush before I attempted any sort of styling. Also, I love the smell; it doesn't have that Play-Dough smell that many cheap brands with vanilla in them seem to have. It almost smells like a perfume. This is my new favorite!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

UGH. The scent of this just gags me. I am weird, I think vanilla and mint do not belong together at all! I am the same way about chocolate and mint, yes, I'm weird, I told you! I sniffed this in the bottle at the store and it wasn't all that bad so I bought it. But once I used it on my hair...gag city. Ewww...no more. I gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by lilaznm0nkey

I never found an importance of a clarifying shampoo until recently. I realized my hair was getting oily really quickly the past months and I just thought I had to wash my hair more often. I also realized that my hair had lost all it's volume. Recently, I began swimming again, and I'm running out of my shampoo that takes out the chlorine. I did some research and people said that clarifying shampoos can also help with taking out the chlorine. So I picked this up, not wanting to spend a lot on a shampoo just for swimming.
I haven't used it for swim yet, but holy crap, I just used it and I'm very impressed. It has a pleasant smell, but it doesn't last. The best part is when I finished drying my hair, it had its volume back and it didn't feel over stripped. loveeeeeeeeee! will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by citruskiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is amazing! A lot of clarifying shampoos are overly drying and turn your hair into straw - not this one, and I can't believe how inexpensive this is.

Believe it or not, I alternate this shampoo with Kerastase shampoos, conditioners and styling products. I've tried a ton of higher-end brands of shampoo and hair care products, and this one really takes me by surprise. I'll definitely be buying it again. Excellent deal - and a very good shampoo. Will not strip your hair dry at all, but still reasonably 'clarifying'. The smell is nice too. Seems like a much more expensive product.

I'd recommend this shampoo to everyone. You can't go wrong - even if you only use it once or twice a week for the mild 'clarifying' effects, it's a really *good* product. Like finding a diamond at the dollar store or something - aside from Kerastase Bain Chroma Riche, this is my second-favourite shampoo - pretty amazing when you think about it.

It will not leave your hair feeling all dry like most clarifying products, but still does a good job. A great shampoo, and I'm off to buy more tomorrow. Can't believe it - it's barely a dollar and such a good shampoo. WOW.

The conditioner's pretty good too - same tea/vanilla 'clarifying' conditioner, same great price. Very lightweight, but works quite well.

This has to be one of my best "best value" products of all time.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No