October 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Really good clarifying shampoo. I can't use it very often but I bust it out maybe once a month max to get rid of any product buildup in my hair -- or if I've overdone it on a coconut oil mask or something. I like this better than the Neutrogena clarifying shampoo, as I get similar results and this one is cheaper and smells a little nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by alwaysmebre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Me and other VO5 products don't mix they make my hair really dry but this one is one that leaves my hair squeaky clean but very soft...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by LillyBBBW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love love love this shampoo. This shampoo is very strong but this is what I need. I have afro kinky loc'd hair and the worry about buildup is a huge problem. When I feel like I need a clean slate I dilute this shampoo in warm water to pour all over my saturated locs. It lathers up like nobody's business and clears everything right out. Conditioners really work after using this shampoo and my hair is light and smells great. Bear in mind, this stuff will strip your hair of everything you use and is not for everyone and only for occasional maintenance. It is a serious straight up clarifying shampoo. If you use a lot of products on your hair this just may be the shampoo for you. I bought tons of it just so I won't run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this since the scent is so good. Also I am drawn into the color teal like a hawk.
Unfortunately this made my hair feel a little too "clarified". The only time I would want to use this is if I haven't washed my hair in 3 days, it's just way too stripping. This would be good for a camping trip, or traveling, when you get that really gross, "oh please get me clean!" feeling. But for me, for daily life, it's just too much. I want something more gentle and moisturizing, I prefer free me freesia, champagne kiss, and strawberries & cream.
My brother seems to like this so maybe it's a good pick for guys.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't really see the benefits of a clarifying shampoo. This just seems to dry my hair out. I use lots of hair products, many with silicones, so I thought I'd give this the occasional try in rotation with my usual sulfate free shampoos. It smells great, and I didn't notice any stripping of my hair color or fading. My hair was shiny when I got out of the shower, but when I styled my hair as usual, it was definitely parched.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the smell of this shampoo so much that I bought 10 bottles so I wouldn't run out... it smells DIVINE! Plus each bottle only costs $1- it's ridiculously cheap. But I realized that you can't use it as a daily shampoo- it will dry your hair out too much. I learned that the hard way after my hair started snapping every time it was pulled too much. (My bf literally HEARD a few strands of hair snap.)

I should've read that it was a CLARIFYING shampoo, which means you're supposed to use it when you have a lot of product build-up, not every day. I still love the smell, so I'll keep using this after I use a lot of product in my hair. I have to keep looking for a moisturizing shampoo for daily use, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells divine. Like a sweet but minty scent. I get giddy using this but its hard searching for this little gem. I use the Strawberry and kiwi lime but if I was given the choice, I'd pick this for its awesome smell and its gentle cleansing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I don't know about everyone else but I found this shampoo to be very very drying. My hair felt like straw as I was washing it out, and I don't even use a lot of it. Not softening at all, and after blow drying there was no shine. I'm going to stick with suave professionals- much easier on the hair and my hair looks shiny and feels smooth afterwards. Gave the Vo5 away. The only thing I really like about it is the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by SenlinSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of VO5 products. They work better on my hair than any expensive salon shampoo I've ever tried. However, this particular shampoo is even BETTER than what I've come to expect! My hair is long, thick, and tends to be dry, flyaway, tangly-- you name it. After one shampoo-ing with this, I can easily finger-separate and braid my hair one day later. Usually I'd have to brush and brush before I attempted any sort of styling. Also, I love the smell; it doesn't have that Play-Dough smell that many cheap brands with vanilla in them seem to have. It almost smells like a perfume. This is my new favorite!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

UGH. The scent of this just gags me. I am weird, I think vanilla and mint do not belong together at all! I am the same way about chocolate and mint, yes, I'm weird, I told you! I sniffed this in the bottle at the store and it wasn't all that bad so I bought it. But once I used it on my hair...gag city. Ewww...no more. I gave it away.