Lancome Color Focus Kitten Heel

4.1

on 7/3/2015 2:57:00 PM

I bought (ordered online) this after seeing someone rave about this online (can't remember if it was on youtube, or..? but then after a little more digging, I saw a lot of positive reviews/raves about this..) Anyhoo, it was a huge disappointment....

The color is nothing special imho..I think I prefer L'oreal Amber Rush or quite honestly you could probably even find a similar shade from Maybelline (one of their quads or maybe even a single) or Covergirl. It also is chunky/glittery on me, and I just do not appreciate that. Applies patchy. Just..weird, and imho not really that pretty or unique of a shade. Pigmentation also leaves a lot to be desired. For a higher-end product, I am just disappointed. I think even Wet n Wild's Penny eyeshadow is better than this. Some other dupes I think or close would be Elf's baked eyeshadows in either Pixie, Enchanted, or Toasted.

It is okay, but nothing special and the performance/application leaves me wishing I left this in my basket........:/

on 9/5/2014 1:33:00 AM

This eyeshadow looks really pretty in the pot. Bright berry pink with gold shimmer. Its too bad that it offers absolutely no pigmentation though. I got this in a gift with purchase last winter and I think I tried using it once and that was it. Not worth your $$ in my opinion. I would check MAC first for a color similar to this one.

Big, fat pass on this one!

on 12/29/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: Green eyes with gold flecks, neutral to warm skin tone, NW/NC 25ish, sensitive, combination skin (dry cheeks, slightly oily t-zone), and broken capillaries cheek area. Medium-Dark brown hair.

Kitten heel is a shimmery pink/peach/gold color. The pigmentation isn't bad. Unfortunately I found this color made my eyes look tired, and I would never use or purchase this product again.

on 12/1/2013 2:54:00 PM

On my fair-light skin, Kitten Heel is a pretty, warm pink color with golden shimmers. Very pretty! Like it a lot! Perfect for an all over wash of color to add dimension, yet soft enough to be casual and neutral. :)

on 5/22/2013 10:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not crazy about the pigmentation and how long it lasts. This doesn't last very long on my eye lids and I'm also not a fan of the color. I didn't like strawberry fudge by Clinique either and this shade reminds me of the pink eye shadow in that duo. If you liked Clinique strawberry fudge you might like this color as well. It's a rosy gold pinkish color.

I understand that this is a really pretty color and shadow, but the formula is horrible! It's not pigmented at all, and you really have to dig in to get any color. I love the rosy gold color, but it just doesn't show up!

on 12/29/2012 4:25:00 PM

My mom had purchased this eye shadow a long time ago as part of a quad, and I always remembered how wonderful it looked on her. I saw it one day at the store and bought it. Unfortunately, I have tried to apply it in a multitude of ways, and the pink simply does not show up on me. I end up with a nice shimmery gold, you would never guess there was any pink in the eye shadow from the way it looks on me. It does look nice, but I'm still disappointed that I didn't get any pink at all. It does look very nice on others though.

on 11/15/2012 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For Reference my skin is NC/NW 07-10 or Nars Sheer Glow Gobi.

This is my Go To shade for every day wear at the office, or a lazy mu day. I mostly use it as a wash of color over my lid. It is a fantastic Peachy gold shade. The gold is a shimmer and not a glitter. I have had no issues of fall out with this product. I think it is finely milled and I have no issues blending it in.

I think the color is fantastic, and I don't have to worry about over doing it when I use this color. I am on my second pan. Though, I think $18 is a bit high for a single shadow, I get an incredible amount of use out of it. I would always like to see more bang for the buck, but that's just me.

on 10/14/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite eye shadow, soft, shimmery, gold-coral color. Looks great on my tan skin w black liner and heavy mascara, can be worn casual or dramatic. Great amount of shimmer-gold glitter without actually being cheap or childish, I like the packaging because I like to apply with a finger over base, lasts a long time and main reason I give 5....doesnt fall off my eyelids on to my face!! Keeper. Would buy again and again.

on 9/4/2012 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I have finally found my perfect "pink" eyeshadow! This is a lovely rose-gold shade. With green eyes with flecks of gold, the golden sheen on this one is very complimentary. I have tried many versions of "pink" shadow, and most make me look tired or sick, but this one does not. It doesn't have the perfect formulation (I prefer the smoothness and pigmentation of most of my Nars and Urban Decay shadows), as I do have to layer it for intensity, but unless I find the same shade in a better formula I will continue to buy this.