October 22, 2014 | 2073 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Keep Kohl! Eyeliner in Black

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Yasminlight

I've used this eyeliner for years, and although it isn't as waterproof as I would like, the black color is intense and dramatic. My only complaint is that the product melts easily if kept in a warm temperature such as a makeup bag in a purse. Smudges easily for a smokey-eyed look. I use it to line the bottom of my eyes but must reapply at least once during the day. Overall, a good basic black eyeliner for the pricepoint.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by zeilam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This eyeliner is reasonably priced. Contrary to its "waterproof" claim, it smudges so easily. I wanted an eyeliner that can stay on my upper waterline and is fairly affordable. So while at Sephora, I decided to pick this one up after a rep recommended me. Within less than 30 minutes of having this eyeliner on my upper waterline, it smudged around my lower eyelids ... thus gave me the look of "light" raccoon eyes.

I guess I will have to continue to search for something else. Maybe a gel eyeliner. I heard it lasts longer. :(

Will I buy this product again from Sephora? No.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by brokenjaw22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner. Just saying. The color is very rich and dramatic, and (when sharpened) the pencil creates a very defined line on top lid, almost like liquid liner. If you want a bold look that says "confidence", go for this liner. It does tend to smudge a bit in my outer corners throughout the day, but nothing serious. I would definitely recommend to amateur makeup users, because it's very easy to use. I did need to do a little research (yahoo answers :D) on how to get the rest of the pencil out, but I soon discovered it wasn't a twist up and it was one you had to manually sharpen. You can just use a normal eyeliner sharpener for this though. All in all, it's a great liner for day or for night.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to give this a try because I am looking for something to rim my eyes and give it a dark, smoky and sultry look. It glided on easily. It was a rich dark jet black but not more than an hour later, it faded away and smudged under my eyes. The migration was terrible. There was faint hints of kohl but the dark inky line I drew was gone.The container reminds me a lipstick, it's a twist up with a pointed tip. I will stick to using this as a smudge kohl and setting it with powder so I don't feel like I wasted my money, but I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My review of this product is many-faceted. Yes. I use this on a regular basis. I like the way it goes on, nice and smooth. The price is right.
I like the texture and it stays on all day without fading.
However--this product is NOT waterproof. Lately I've been toplining. Every time I topline, this eyeliner not only transfers to my bottom inner rim (cannot stand that--I do not like anything on the bottom of my eyes as it makes them look smaller. It also "hardens" my appearance which I. Do. Not. Like.), but it smears to give me those horrific raccon eyes. UGH. Please do NOT advertise this as waterproof when the natural fliuds in your eyes cause this to go elsewhere.
I would purchase this again, but purely for lining my eyelids. I won't dare use this to topline at all.
So...buy it for lining your eyelids, but not to topline.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I'm surprised at the poor reviews. Overall, this is a pretty good pencil. It is pretty long wearing. It's waterproof and stayed on through my crying. It will smudge if you touch it. I usually blend it with the smudge end. I was disappointed that the clear cap over the smudging end broke almost immediately. It is a bit too soft. I wish it were a bit harder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just had to write a review here and up the rating of this liner. I absolutely LOOOVEEE this eyeliner!! It's the ONLY black eyeliner I use now! It's so smooth and easy and creamy to apply, but creamy doesn't mean that it smudges. Not in the least bit! It stays put the whole day long and until I want to take it off. I can even swim with it and it won't budge. I have allergies and oily skin and this liner won't budge. I use a MAC professional sharpener and never have problems sharpening it either. I use one of these Keep Kohl eyeliners every day so I buy them all the time. Only wish they had more colours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Usually I love everything Sephora puts out. This sadly doesn't comply. The kohl doesn't smudge at all and the pencil hurts my eye. It doesn't even try to go on smoothly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by phemmephenom

it may be waterproof, but it doesn't really stay in place. i use it to line my lower eyelid but i'm continually having to touch up because it wears off and leaves unattractive dark smudges. it is difficult to sharpen and i have had the best luck using a pencil sharpener i bought at an art supply store. i do like that it is deeply pigmented, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by delllim

Why did i try without checking out the reviews on MUA like i do with all the other products? Probably because of the price and i've had a pretty good experience with another Sephora eyeliner.

The plastic cap split while i was trying to unwrap the pencil. The pencil broke the moment i tried it on. I thought it was the trauma it suffered through the shipping. So i sharpened it, only to have it break.. and break.. i've had this for 2 weeks now, tried to use it every day and it's sharpened down to half its size already. It glides on smoothly and has an average staying power, but i'm bringing it back to the store.