October 21, 2014 | 1241 users online

Lip Gloss - Avon - Glazewear Shine in Island Glow

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice deep nude that is sheer. Looks brown in the tube but goes on sheer unless you keep layering. give it a 3 because color is the best on me

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 11:42:00 PM More reviews by WendyfromCali

This color is the best of the three I've purchased so far. It is a light brown that definitely deserves to be called "Island Glow"; the color reminds me of a nice tan you would get after a vacation away at the beach (if you don't have skin that burns easily!) The smell is pleasantly light, the texture isn't as sticky as some glosses I've tried, and there isn't a bad taste. I <3 Glazewear in Island Glow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of Avon's newest shades, and it ended up being my favorite Glazewear out of the four I bought on sale for $2.99 Cdn each. It's a shimmery light brown, the perfect deeper neutral shade. I have very fair skin but a lot of lighter "nude" shades make me look washed out. And "bronze" tones can have too much yellow or orange for me, unless I really use a lot of self-tanner (My skin is more neutral than warm-toned). Whereas Island Glow gives me that bronze look. It's the perfect lipgloss for going to a patio get-together on a summer evening. I thought about getting Chocolate Fling but I think this one is a bit lighter, which is better for me in summer. And like all Glazewears this has a nice creamy texture and a vanilla scent that's subtle enough not to bother me. It's fairly long-wearing too, but I do need a balm under it to keep my lips moisturized. And I prefer glosses in a squeeze tube but for under 3 bucks I won't complain, and at least the sponge-tip applicator is sturdy.