August 28, 2014 | 1514 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Jell-O Lip Smackers

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cmlee22

i LOVE this chapstick because of the smell only. it feels like it's melty when i try to put it on my lips. it becomes sticky and the chapstick itself doesn't hold it's shape. as soon as you put it to your lips the chapstick breaks apart when you put it against your lips to put it on. i love the smell and it was a great idea because i love raspberry jello but i wouldn't buy it again unfortunately... plus, they stopped selling it and the only place you can get it now is on ebay. i bought it a few years ago at the 99 cents store so it was cheap but i just found mine and ended up putting it in the fridge hoping it would harden up a little bit!!! lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I don't know if this was sold also in a lipgloss squeeze tube, but the one I bought was Strawberry in the traditional chapstick twist-up tube packaging.

I love the clear jelly formula, I love the sticky-moist texture, I love the scent. Honestly, as moist & sticky as this product is, it doesn't really make the lips feel 'wet' with moisture, but I still love it nonetheless. It also leaves a somewhat moist sheen but not a lot of shine. No color or tint on the lips of course.

I haven't been able to find it in drugstores anymore for a couple of years now, but have found it on eBay at comparable prices.

I think this product is a lot of fun.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by unicornlily

I dunno why this product doesn't do what it's supposed to do: keep your lips from chapping. The flavors aren't that great either. I think jello lip smackers are just not lip smackers.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by rachie78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was VERY sticky, and I was disappointed after I bought it, although cheap, I feel like I wasted my money. However, because of the fact that I didn't want to waste my money, I kept these scattered around my house in case I was too lazy to get up for my usual lip moisturizers/balms. I got used to the stickiness, and the strawberry one gave me a nice sheer red color to my lips, which I liked. I also liked the flavor and smell - as other reviews stated, taste and smell exactly like the real jell-o! Overall, though, I would not buy again since it is just too sticky! Even for dry winter lips, I don't think they were moisturizing at all! No shine either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

the only reason i would not buy this again is because unlike most other bonne bell lip smacker products, this does NOT say that it does NOT do animal testing..
what a shame.. smells great with an alright texture. it's a thick texture which i kinda like for my usually dry lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by bloou

I'm in the minority here, but I like this. It's different from the balmy texture I'm used to. I know it's kinda sticky, but I l got used to it. I love the smell- very realistic. This looks like the Vitagloss stick, but I don't know if they're the same texture-wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this! I got the berry blue flavor.

It smells exactly like real Jello, as a matter of fact I just ate blue Jello before putting this on and I couldn't tell the difference between the scent of real Jello and this lip balm.

The taste is also delicious. It tastes fruity and exactly like Jello, and like I said above, I had blue Jello before I put it on, and it had the same taste!

It's very moisturizing. I put this on, and two hours later, my lips still felt really soft. It also gives my lips a subtle shine, which I always love.

Overall, I love this! It reminds me of summertime, which is also another reason I love it so much. If you want a fun-flavored, cheap lip balm, definitely try this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Granted, this stuff is cheap, but c'mon, Bonne Bell! This had so much potential of being great, but it is so bad. In the tube, it looks basically like Jell-O, it is a sheer red jelly colored. But once you open it, there is basically NO scent. And it is hard & rubbery which makes it difficult to apply.
The quality of this Lipsmacker is not indicative of Bonne Bell as a brand, I've used some great ones by them, but Jell-O is not one of them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this at CVS for 49 cents. What a disappointment, especially since I usually love Bonne Bell Lip Smackers. This has no flavor and the scent is very faint and fleeting. I got the Strawberry flavor BTW.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 10:51:00 AM More reviews by bunnychick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Strawberry-Kiwi Jell-o Lipsmaker. It does have a jello-like transparency in the tube (this shade looks like a sheer red), and I was hoping that it would be a sheer color. It goes on with absolutely no color at all. The flavor is ok, but doesn't last more than 30 seconds. This product has a mildly waxy consistency and tends to "gunk up" if you rub your lips togehter. I am debating whether I should throw it in the trash, or use it to moisturize my cuticles. Thankfully, I only paid .94 for this.