August 23, 2014 | 1777 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by svsv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Only reason I'm giving this shampoo such a low rating is because of its smell. It's a really strong plastic-y scent that stays in my hair all day. Otherwise works well, doesn't really give me volume but then again I have never tried a shampoo that would have.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Roseblush82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to find this truly sulfate-free shampoo, since I have terrible sulfate allergies. Unfortunately, it is a terrible product. The scent smells like stale dollar store candy. Also, it didn't cut any oil or clean my hair. I would dry my hair post shower and it would be just as oily as when I stepped in the shower. I really hope they refine this product because I need all the sulfate-free options I can get.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by JamieKnowsBest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the oily roots Dry frizzy ends hair. Its kinda fine with some wave to it. If your looking for something to smooth and soften the hair I wouldn't use this cuz it doesn't really do that! But the smell is AMAZINGGG and it left my hair so shiny and fluffy and it felt great! I don't know why so many people didn't get no volume, because i got lots of it with this shampoo! I will buy this again, its alot better than yes to carrots which i have bought and gave away!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like burts bees stuff and this was a gift. it smells pretty like a semi fruity scent that isnt strong. My gripes with this stuff is that its semi watery, doesnt lather very well, and really doesnt boost volume that well. However it smells nice and cleans,my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by kelsiemeaden

I normally love everything Burt's Bees. Which is why I bought this product in the first place. Also because it said volumizing, and I have very flat hair.
The smell was so good when I was washing my hair last night, but today at work I started to notice a smell of rotten fruit. I looked in my desk drawers for some, and found none. Eventually I discovered it was my hair. I don't know if I didn't rinse well enough or what, but gross.
Also it didn't volumize my hair at all. I used Arbonne conditioner and put Got 2b oil in my hair after my shower, and the ends are still pretty dry.
I probably won't be using this product again, the rotten fruit smell is enough to scare me away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by brynnmarie

this stuff is great! it smells good, it lathers well, leaves my hair clean, flake free, and is natural! i don't use conditioner though (of any sort), cause it tends to leave my hair greasy. this shampoo leaves my hair shiny (friz-free), and de-tangled - no need to blow dry!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by moggi

This review is for the new "improved" formula. I do not think it is an improvement. The old formula really did add volume, whereas the new version leaves my hair dry and dull and flat. I wish they had not changed it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by mandyadr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not pleased at all with this shampoo and to be honest I was so disappointed because I really thought this shampoo was good as there are so many great reviews. I've been having problems with my hair since I moved abroad, the scalp becomes oily, the ends are really dry and worst of all my hair falls out horribly. I used to have bouncy, thick hair and now it just looks plain sad.
I tried using the shampoo I normally use back at home but it made no difference. Then I tried using a local Japanese brand, same result. Then I found out that those products contain SLS and decided to switch to organic brands instead and Burt's Bees Very Volumizing shampoo was my first choice. How disappointed I was after the first time I used it. It made my hair fall out even more, didn't help with the scalp problems too, in fact in made the ends of my hair drier than ever. But I gave it a chance and continued using it for the next two weeks and guess what, it only became worse. I needed to use three handfuls of conditioner just so I could comb the hair afterwards. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by ellapretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please note - Burts Bees has repackaged and reformulated this Shampoo - they are selling it with the same name but different ingredients.

The old version was good for me - I used it on my roots and it provided a great volumizing effect.

This new one is HORRIBLE! Why? Because it made my hair fall out SO much! Am not sure what ingredient has this effect (I tried to compare the two formulas since I still have both bottles)...all I know was that I was shedding a lot of hair after switching to this shampoo. I didn't really connect all the hair falling out in the shower to this - then I switched shampoos and the hair fall stopped IMMEDIATELY - and I haven't had any problems since!

I'd say this new formula is like poison - steer clear!!!! I usually don't write such extreme reviews - but this shampoo is UNBELIEVABLY BAD!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ilovejajangmyun

I really wanted to like this shampoo. When I smelled it, I was in love.But this is NOT a volumizing shampoo. If I were to give it any credit, it would be good for those with really dry hair. It weighed my hair down so much and left a waxy residue. Volumizing shampoos are supposed to make your hair feel light, airy, thick and bouncy. Not this product. I feel bad because I have so much left so I'm just using it as body wash lol.