August 28, 2014 | 919 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Revlon - eye makeup remover pen

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's good for mascara mishaps. But you then do need to go over it again with a cotton bud or blot with a tissue to remove any residue. As another says, it's better than just a wet cotton bud alone as it removes the makeup swiftly and effectively.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually love this remover pen! I have 3 and I've been using it for the past 3-4 years (since I started using makeup). I use it mainly for when I need to clean up an eyeliner line if I messed up. I use this and then a tissue or cotton swab to clean away the oil and it's great! Alone, it's not that good because like other people are saying, you're left with some black smudges and the oil. I also use this sometimes to clena up under my eye if I've gone too far down with eyeshadow or liner. As for the dirty tip, I just use a paper towel to wipe it and it works fine. But since I use a q-tip most of the time after I use this, it doesn't matter if there are black smudges because the oil to remove the makeup is still there, so I just wipe it all off whether it be from the eyeliner I just applied or the black smudges that was left on the remover pen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sad to see this product has so many negative reviews. I think some people must view this product as a pen that will actually absorb the make-up completely off of your face. That isn't the case.

The formula is slightly oily, but that isn't a bad thing. It's good for removing mascara marks on your lids, or little bumps in the eyeliner lines. You just need a q-tip to wipe off the excess oil. Make-up can end up on on the pen tip, so just blot it lightly with a tissue after use. But even if the make-up goes back on your skin you can still wipe it off with a q-tip. And don't get grouchy that the formula requires a little clean up work. It's cleaner and easier that dipping a q-tip in make-up remover or extra virgin olive oil. The pen doesn't have a pointed tip, but the round tip is much softer to the touch, and can still be used to fix small and stubborn mistakes.
It's a good pen to keep in your purse. If you accidentally smudge your make-up, it makes fixing mistakes much easier than going to a restroom and trying to clean up with a wet paper towel.
I've had my pen for about a year now, and it's still working well. It is getting a tad bit dry, but hey, it held up a year for me. So of course I'm satisfied!

And don't use it on your lips. It's for eye make-up only.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Revlon! I saw this at my local drugstore and the idea of a pen removing makeup....i had to try it!

i tried using it to fix mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner. but it didnt work for me. the tip was dry and i tried shaking it, but no luck. after awhile, i reached for this again. it was moist at the tip and i tried using it to fix my eyeliner. it left my lid with a light shade of black. it looked like i had used a light black stain on my lid! i threw it out.

Wouldnt re-purchase this. maybe i got a bad one, but this product sucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

not impressed.

I bought this for 10$ at my drugstore because i heard a big rave about it, and my eye makeup tends to smudge. The first time I used it it smudged my makeup around more, and only took a small amount off. The next time I went to use it, the makeup stayed on the pen so I was just re applying the makeup, like the comment before. When I used it on my lips my lips went grey from the eyeliner. A tissue with a dab of water works better then this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I bought this thinking it was the solution to my eyeliner smudging throughout the day. Well, I was wrong.

It worked for about one day, but the makeup stays ON the pen. And when you use it the next time instead of removing, it REAPPLIES the old makeup that you removed, creating a big black smear. I've tried using a tissue to wipe the pen clean but that doesn't work. And it wasn't even like I was removing ALL my eye makeup, it was only the tiny bit that had smudged.

This has been sitting in my makeup bag for more than months untouched. A makeup remover pen is a good idea I guess, but needs a bit more work.

- - -
PRICE [3] | PACKAGING [3] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great to carry around with you. Especially since no matter what I can't find a mascara that doesn't smudge. It is very easy to run under your eyes & then you can use a tissue to wipe off.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by trendoid

This is a must-have for any makeup bag. Perfect for if you smear your eyeliner, mess up your mascara, etc. And since it's just a little pen, you can keep it in your purse and use it for emergencies! I get it when Revlon is BOGOF, because otherwise you could just put a QTip in your eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by yellow8whereever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this product! I got it on sale for only about $1! I love how it removes my smeared eye make-up w/o making my eyes hurt. The only thing bad about it is that it leaves oil behind. But you can simply get a tissue, q-tip (etc.) to remove it. You might also want to wipe it off on a tissue when you're done wiping so there's no color clog.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by girlinto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree that the formula is slightly oily. That being said, it is effective for removing any waterproof mascara or waterproof eyeliner mishaps on your eyelid. Once I use the pen to remove any make up mistakes, I take a clean dry q-tip and I gently swap away any excess oily formula that was left behind and give it about a minute or two to dry up. This way, if I want to add more make up on top of that particular area, it won't likely smudge because it's no longer oily.
It's true that some make up will end up onto the tip of the pen but you just have to quickly wipe it off on a kleenex after you use it. It's really not a bad product but you just have to clean up after it a bit. Honestly, I use only waterproof eyeliners and mascara and if I make any mistakes and have to clean it up around my eyelid area, it's not easy for me to dip a q-tip into my make up remover and swab it over the mistake. This especially applies to me because right now I am using jojoba oil or coconut oil to remove my make up and that would be much oilier than using this make up remover pen.
Plus, if there's any smearing of make up when I'm out of my house, it's easy and convenient to carry around this pen rather than some oil /make up remover and a q-tip. Sometimes, rubbing a plain q-tip over a mistake does not work at that point because the waterproof make up will have adhered pretty well to my eyelid by the time I look at a mirror when I'm out somewhere.