December 18, 2014 | 1802 users online

Moisturizers - Sebamed - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by rockycoastofmaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's basic,it works. Does have a mild frangrance, keeps my skin moist, non greasy, doesn't cause breakouts, rash/redness. Have use this off and on for 2 years, because can't find it easy in my area. I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by missris1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This in combination with the Clear Face Face wash, has really helped clear my skin. This always moisturizes but does not make my skin oily. I find that in the summer months, it still works great as long as I just use a little bit, not alot. This definitely helps to keep my skin clearer than it has been in a long time. I definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered some skin care from lovelyskin.com and got a pile of Sebamed samples, including about 5 sample packets of this. As with the other samples I got (oil shower cleanser and the liquid face and body wash), this product had a light but distinct fragrance. Like all other Sebamed products, it has a skin-healthy pH of 5.5.

Unlike the other products, the fragrance really bothered me in this product, probably because it stays on your face and does not rinse off. The fragrance seemed a spicy floral, and the scent just overpowered me, even though it's not particularly strong and does fade. It did not cause any rashes or irritation, but I found it too stinky for my face. I also have extremely oily skin, and this was OK on winter dry patches, aside from the stink, but it caused an oil buildup in my pores when used all over. It did sink in quickly and did not leave any bothersome stickiness or shininess. I'm sure it would be fine on someone with dry to combo skin, as my skin is very oily. I see also that the full-size product comes in a jar, and I HATE jars.

Overall, not a good match for a very oily person who dislikes fragranced facial products, but I think it would work well for those who like fragrance on their faces and who have skin that is not very oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a gift from friend with the same skin type as mine, but she's a lot younger. We are both sensitive/acne/and I am aging. I'm dealing with a lot of changes with my skin right now as I am 50 years old and I'm constantly looking for creams that do not break out my skin, yet are soothing and moisturizing. This is not easy to do the creams that work best are not easy to find.

The cream is noted for its ability to match the acidity of the skin’s hydrolipid barrier with pH 5.5 to naturally allow barrier recovery. I need this cream after my weekly MUAC peels to help restore the skin's barrier because the barrer is the protection that the skin needs to guard against irritation, dehydration, pollution, etc.

I'm amazed at how thick this cream is yet how light it is on the skin and how moist it KEEPS the skin. I'm so happy to have it for the winter because my skin needs protection from the cold and dry air. I feel that this will be a permanent part of my skincare and will continue to purchase. I removed one point for packaging as it's not as sanitary as I would like, however clean hands and fingers solves this problem.

You can learn more at the website here:http://www.sebamedusa.com/ph-55.html

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I finally bought this after being fed up with the Physiogel Cream - which is also a good product but my skin just got acclimated to it. This is a lovely cream. Here in the Philippines, the product happens to be in a lightweight tube instead of the tub. Its looks greasy and heavy but once it sets onto the skin, result is soft and supple skin. Im currently suffering to Retin A's painful and nightmarish purging stage and all im doing to alleviate the redness and flakiness is using this nice cream. This is just my 2nd day of using this cream. I will give an update after a week. But for me initial results are so far good. By the way, im also mixing this cream with EL Double Wear and Im happy that application results to dewy finish. The flakiness of my purging skin just disappears.
Update: So It has been a week since I first used this. I love this especially in mixing with my EL DW foundation, result is dewy medium coverage. This also lessens the flakiness and redness cuased by Retin A. I think this has also contributed to the healing process of my breakouts. Good thing I came across to this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

For several years, I had used only high-end moisturizers and skin treatments. Then a few weeks ago, as a consequence of layering a few different products, my skin became irritated and a rash appeared on my neck. So, having read positive reviews, went and bought myself Sebamed for sensitive skin, and I am happy with the results. It looks like it would be greasy, but sinks into the skin very quickly. The next day my skin is very soft. I haven't noticed any side effects. The packaging is not very hygienic and could definitely be improved upon. Overall, a great moisturizer. I am thinking of buying other products of this line as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Sonne82

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with most other reviews here, have been using this cream on and off for the past years. It does a great job in moisturizing my sometimes dehydrated skin, it does not make me break-out nor irritate my skin, it works well under foundation. Unfortunately it is not very easy to find in stores, I wish they would have more places where you can buy it - I am sure sales would go up ;-) !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by MissKittyKat

ph balanced skin products must really help hormonal skin..... im on my second jar and will continue to buy the product... it does everything a face cream should

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I would give this 10 stars as nothing has worked as well for imparting moisture and calm to my skin! Ideal to use when doing TCA or Glycolic peels.

Pros:
PH balanced.
Absorbs wonderfully yet leaves skin fully hydrated and calm.
Inexpensive and a good amount for the price.
Calms better than anything.
I wake up with soothed, smoothed and refreshed skin.

Cons:
Jar packaging which can be unsanitary. Must use a spatula or fresh q-tip. However, this is a moisture cream, not an antioxidant treatment product,so the jar is not a deal breaker for me.
Fragrance. Not sure why a sensitive skin product contains fragrance but it does not irritate my skin or my sense of smell.
Hard to find, but CVS carries it and it can be easily purchased online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Skin: Oily & Dehydrated. Prone to sensitivity and reactive to chemicals causing breakouts.
Mission: I struggle to find a moisturizer that is heavy enough to calm and smooth my dry flaky areas yet gentle enough to not cause reactions and breakouts. Also, I need something that will not cause me to become more oily and something that will work under makeup. Since being in my 30's, I have noticed my typical oily skin becoming very dry and flaky in the cheek area. I've tried many DS and HE creams to fix my problems but most were either too aggressive and caused clogged pores, greasiness and breakouts or too gentle and not fixing the flakes. Most heavy creams have shea butter and lots of oils in them which don't work for my skin.
Victory: After spending an hour at CVS recently reading ingredients and comparing creams, I ended up with Sebamed Moisturizing Cream. The claim for this cream is to maintain skin's proper ph blalance of 5.5 and contains no parabens. I read the ingredients and was content and hopeful that they wouldn't bother my skin. After years of trying to find the ideal moisturizer for my skin needs, I finally found it with Sebamed. This cream is extremely thick. In fact, you can unscrew the cap and hold the jar outside down and the cream will not budge! But, somehow this cream feels light on the skin and no greasy feel. This cream doesn't make my skin oily and it moisturizes the dry flaky areas very nicely. Also, this cream doesn't clog my pores or cause rashes or breakouts. I'm 100% satisfied with this cream. Also, CVS had it on sale for buy 1 get 1 free. This cream is affordable, it retails for $12.99 which is a few bucks more than a typical DS cream. The only con with this is the packaging. The cap is a thin stiff plastic cap and it can be a struggle trying to screw it on the jar correctly. But, this is such a minor complaint that it wouldn't prevent me from re-purchasing.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), petrolatum, myreth-3 myristate, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), ceteareth-20, dimethicone, sodium PCA, sodium citrate, sodium carbomer, Fragrance (parfum), benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No