September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Superstay Lipcolor-Shell

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lmoore

I love this color, but am not a fan of the long stay gloss. They always dry my lips out. I agree with the PP who called it a dupe for Nars Orgasm. Pretty color though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i was never a person for lipsticks simply because i dont like having to reapply so naturally i would fall for the idea of superstay and not having to reapply. plus i normally go for very neutral colors and this one seemed a bit light upon first impression. i picked it up regardless for $6NZ (pretty cheap) and wore it to a work dinner. let me tell you this color works so nicely with my NC37 skin tone paired with one eyeshadow color (taupe), black eyeliners on upper lid and lots of nascara! it lasted really well and the color was so pretty. sure you would expect some dryness upon application but its tolerable since that is what makes them long lasting. as if i would re purchase, um, im getting another one today!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this lipgloss for around $2. It's a very beautiful pinky-peach with golden shimmer that looks very nice with my NW20 skin. Feels sticky once it dries like most longwear but the balm makes it more tolerable. It stays on fairly well. I wouldn't repurchase simply because I prefer a more glossy look and feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by katerina20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's my HG lipcolor. I was looking for a peach colour and I'm glad i found superstay shell, the perfect peach colour! It does not flake or make my lips dry and it lasts all day without touch up. I often use it with lustrous nude peach!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ryoko1591

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this at Target for $1.99! Thank GOD they were having a sale or else I wouldn't have shelled out $9 bucks for this. Anyways, the packaging is sleek and cool. The color on the outside is -surprisingly- true to how it looks like when applied. It's a pinky peachy slightly shimmery kind of color. You have to wait 2 minutes for it to dry, so expect some weird dryness to your lips. The color sets in, but mine seems to deposit into my mouth lines :( However, the balm on the other hand is really moisturizing, and so you layer that over your lips.

And let me say this... this stuff is honestly SUPERSTAY! No lie. Holy crap. This lip gloss does NOT fade away. Usually many are hyped up and come off in 30 minutes or after eating. This one? I applied it before dinner, ate, took a shower, washed my face with cleanser/toner/scrub/moisturizer, slept, AND THEN woke up in the morning to find that it's still there! It's ridiculously amazing and truly lasts for whatever hours they claim (12? 16? Something like that.)

Although this color isn't the nice light pink I wanted it to be (this is more darker) I would definately repurchase. However, I heard this color was discontinued, so that's a shame.

But I can't complain. Mine was 75% and I do not regret buying this :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying this lip color is NOT a color I usually go for. I go for vampy, darkish, red, purples and sometimes even mauves. They are never very flattering and get tossed into a back drawer. I was branching out, so to speak, when I picked up this shade in Shell. I purchased it because I thought it looked like a good dupe for NARS Orgasm lipgloss. Well, it kinda is. AND now it had been discontinued! Get em while they are on sale! It is a beautiful coraly-pink with some slight metallic shimmer. You really have to apply it just like they say to (apply, wait 2 mins...apply gloss) or it WILL NOT WORK and will get chunky. Your lips have to be completely flake free for this to look good. I suggest using a damp facecloth or an old toothbrush to scrub 'em down prior to application. Once I have sealed in the color initially with the provided gloss, I use MAC lipgelee's on top for some extra shine, it works great!

EDIT: You can use pretty much any gloss with the superstay formula and it will not break down, at least in my experience! I really like the balm it comes with though, purchased a few more on ebay! I totally bought 3 back-ups of this beautiful shade! Another note, most of the coral kinda disappears in this with 2 coats. Be careful to not over apply or it will look like total crap. Do not 'smush' your lips together either after the first second or two of application or it will go dry and clumpy. Seems like a lot of work, but totally worth it! I will be checking out other superstay shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great great product - excellent little invention!

Pros: the color is strong and resilient if you follow the instructions, which are simple: apply the color coat and wait 2 min, then follow-up with the clear balmstick. It goes on kind of wet, then gets a bit "sticky", then it totally dries to a matte feel. The balm seals it and makes it comfy on your lips.
Shell: this color is really pretty, i'd say a good dupe for NARS Orgasm gloss - a pinky-golden color. I was hoping for a more opaque peach, but that's ok, this color is still nice!

Price: i found it for $4.77 at my local Rite Aid. Great buy!

Packaging: it's d/s, so it's not "fancy" but it's very well done! Slim, like a pen, but more curvy! Also, it's all in one - no need to tote the 2 colors (like the Cover Girl ones from a while back, with the blue balm stick tube).

Overall, i give this a gold star!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 5:18:00 AM More reviews by calyx_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, Maybelline, this lip color is seriously fantastic! A lovely neutral shade. Doesn't quite last 16 hours, but you won't have to do touch ups every time you drink or eat (or kiss someone). The lip balm/gloss that comes with it makes your color look like a conventional lipstick, and helps prevent your lips from feeling dry even though you're wearing a long wearing lip color. The packaging is very neat and inventive. The balm's at one end and the color at the other. I think one of the best things about this product - aside from the great shade and its long wearing abilities - is the fact that grabbing a few of these in different shades won't break most beauty budgets. I've also got this product in #740 "Rose", and am looking forward to trying some others. A great product and highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by HaileyCosmic

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip color! As the previous reviewer mentioned it's a pink with gold. However, on me it does have a bit of peach. I've tried almost every long wearing lip color and this actually stays on without balling up. It's not heavy on your lips and you don't have to reapply the top coat several times. You can you eat and drink with no worries.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by purplegirl62

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG lipstick! Shell is a beautiful, light, shimmery pinkish gold color. The Superstay formula is great, it just lasts and lasts until I take it off with the makeup remover, and stays looking good all day (I still like to reapply mid-day to keep it looking fresh, but this isn't absolutely necessary). For reference I am NW25 with dark brown hair and brown eyes, and this shade is perfect for me when I want a lipstick that's not too dark, but still noticeable. Also love the doublesided packaging; it makes the product very convenient and portable.