October 25, 2014 | 1787 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Flash Bronzer Custom Color Tinted Self Tanning Face Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by sjv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use the Lancome self-tanning gel, which was perfect and would last for a few days, but I think it's discontinued. The face lotion is okay, I give it 3.5 stars because the tan doesn't last.

It gives a nice bronze color on my face right away, but it only lasts for that one day. I used it over the weekend (Friday night and then Saturday day) when I don't like to wear makeup and my skin looked pretty good and fairly tan (I'm already tan because of my Pacific-Islander skin, but I never tan my face). However, by Monday morning, my skin looked blotchy so I used a face cleansing towelette and the tan wiped away.

I'll use up the rest of the bottle for weekends, but I'm disappointed that the lotion isn't as good as the gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by venezia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a new entry in Lancome's line of self-tanning products. It is made especially for the face. It consists of a tinted lotion which gives a transparent, buildable color; the deeper you want your color to be, the more product you apply. My skin is naturally very pale, so I generally only look for a light wash of color, but I have applied a heavier layer for a darker result that still looks very natural. It doesn't turn orange on me. Also, the characteristic self-tanner smell does develop, but I find it is very mild and almost unobtrusive. I do like this product; it applies smoothly on my very dry skin and doesn't dry it out further. I also do not have any breakouts from it. I find it doesn't streak. On the box, Lancome recommends applying moisturizer before use, and also suggests using a cotton pad moistened with eye makeup remover along the hairline to "feather" the edges out. It is pricey, at approximately $30 for 1.69 ounces (50ml), but I will repurchase since I haven't found a less pricey drugstore alternative that works as well. Highly recommended.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No