July 24, 2014 | 1868 users online

Foundations - Smart Cover Concealing Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by miamc12321

I tried this product a couple of years ago to cover a tattoo for a wedding I was in. I 'm very glad I tested out first, because it was a terrible mess. Yes, it did go okay with my skin and it covered my tattoo good enough... but it came off very easily which means it probably can't be worn on the legs like the lady in the infommercial demonstrates. Its so thick and greasy feeling I wasn't going to save it to put on my face. I ended up giving it away. The person I gave it to wasn't impressed enough to repurchase either. If this works for you, great! Each to their own. I, however, was not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by 325412

Wow, I love this product!! I was surprised to read some of the negative comments on here about Smart Cover as I feel like I've found the fountain of youth! As a male, I don't want to look like I'm wearing makeup and that's what I love about this product. I've been using it for a few years now. To be fair, I can't comment on its efficacy as a full foundation but for the way that I use it, it's great. So much so, in fact that I signed up on this site just to state my case. : - )

I aim to achieve a flawless but still masculine look so I use a combination of three products, Clinique Men's Bronzer, Neutrogena Face Moisturizer with an SPF of 15 and a small blob of Smart Cover (medium neutral tone).

I should note the Clinique Men's bronzer and Women's bronzer is exactly the same product, just different packaging and the women's bottle is smaller but still the same price! Total ripoff. So if you're a woman interested in the product, buy the men's product! The Clinique bronzing gel is great because it's not orangy or yellowy at all. It's a very natural true brown tone. On your hand, it looks very dark but once you blend it into your palm and then over your face, it's a really nice shade.

I blend the three products in my palm to achieve a creamy, malt sort of a colour and then I apply it evenly all over my face and the front and back of my neck for an all over even look. I have a few skin imperfections on my face so I then take a bit of the Smart Cover and gently blend it in with my finger. Even though I'm blending straight Smart Cover onto my darkened face, it doesn't seem to matter as it blends in beautifully.

I end up with a really nice even tone with all epidermal sins nicely hidden away! Even if you're not into bronzer, try to blend the Smart Cover in with your favourite face moisturizer and you might like the effect more. More natural-looking too, I think. For women, I can see this being a nice option when you want to have a nice smooth and even look on the days when you want a break from makeup.

Well, that's my two cents. For my purposes, I love Smart Cover, I think it's great. I've tried other similar products in the past but they just weren't as thick and creamy as this stuff in so the coverage wasn't anywhere near as good. Because I use so little of it each day, a tube lasts me a long time. This is a very inexpensive way to get a very effective look. Okay, the bronzer is about $26 (Canadian) per bottle and the moisturizer is around the same but again, I'm using small amounts of those as well so all in all, not a huge expense for the great results! To be fair, I do have excellent skin and very tiny pores but I still like my face better with than without!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by espooner

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, THIS IS A TOTAL RIPOFF!! I don't normally compain or write reviews, but this was a terrible purchase. I purchased this product to conceal all the imperfections in my legs (as advertised). First of all the concealer cost $16.00 and I received a tube as small as my thumb. O.K. if you are using this as a concealer for your eyes or small places you can see the tube being small, in that case it may last you for some time. But to use it to cover your legs, there are no more than 2 - 3 applications. That makes it awful expensive to use on a every day basis. After all that the product is awful. The color was off and it looks like you painted your legs and you can still see the imperfections. It worked for Joan Rivers on the commercial but it did not work for me and I am very dissatisfied. Keep looking, this is not the product you are looking for.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Babycakesnorman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

TOTAL RIPOFF... Marketing dept a.k.a. Customer service never answers the phone, and when you do call, they do NOTHING to answer your questions. The shades are not anywhere NEAR the correct skin tones...it doesn't do anything but look like a clown makeup when you are outside, and they charge $23.00 processing fee for my order when the postage was only $2.96... BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by staceyberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the Smart Cover concealing cream. You have to blend the shades to get your right color, but if you email the company they will give you some great tips. I have a little Rosacea on my face (I'm only 33) but the cream makes my skin tone look nice and even. I always get compliments when I'm wearing it...that my skin looks flawless. If you work with the shades to blend them you will find your right color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The ladies who own Smart Cover (a mom and daughter) are very nice.
They are based in NJ.

I like the opacity of this product and it is highly water resistant.
Comes in 3 skin tones (I use light).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mwisdom7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i wasin a bad car wreck and have a rroad map of scars all over my face. i ordered the smart cover kit with the three shades medium light and dark with moisturizing cream and with color corrector and two tubes one for lips and another under eye concealor. i have worked in every kind of way with this make up and its like so thick and makes you look like your twenty years older. it does not smooth. it does not cover my scar at all it actually makes me look like i have a thicker scar. i was really disappointed in this product. and i order for a refund you have to ship it back. and wait.. yeah well if your planning on buying this product. your better off buying something else. you have to use a glob of it to cover anything like it promises and its really thick heavy. and sets right in to every line you have on your face. making them all more noticeable. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. it covers nothing. Misty in Texas 40 yers old.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by ls998

For some reason, however the way I try to combine the shades, I can't get it to completely camoflage my skin. The results I've gotten look nothing like the stunning before/after examples on their web site.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree..this is a terribly unnatural shade. i bought light beige and it looks pink on me and way to dark. i do have difficult skin to match as i have a lot of olive undertones but this is way off. the coverage is decent which is why i rated it as high as i did. it doesn't stand a chance against my dermablend. Dermablend is still my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I disagree with the previous poster. I find this to be a great foundation, IF you use it correctly. I bought two shades: medium beige and dark beige. The dark beige is closer to my natural skin tone, however, I'm very tan right now. The medium beige I could use under my eye or mix with bronzers to get a custom colour. The dark beige I use currently with my Revlon Colorstay -- I just mix them on my hand before applying. I find the Smart Cover has nice coverage and is not chalky like I thought it would be. I wish there were more tones. The great thing is, they will last a long time because I can use them with bronzer and create my own personal customized foundation that has full coverage and does not melt off. Great price too!