September 20, 2014 | 976 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Energy Glow Daily Face Moisturizer with a Touch of Self-Tanner for Medium to Dark Skin Tones

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cadeyduck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this... It doesn't colour my face all that much because I have dry patchy skin and am constantly exfoliating but if you don't wash your face super harshly it does give a nice glow and natural like. I just love it as a moisturizer and the formula...when I put it on it makes my makeup go on so smooth and looks so much better! It also is not greasy at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For someone with fair skin who is using a "medium to dark skin" self tanner, it's not working. I've been using this for 2 weeks so far and nothing. Either it does work but it washes off, or it does work but I don't notice it, or it just doesn't work at all.

I bought this on sale at shoppers drugmart for $7 on clearance but even when it's on sale, it's still expensive. I was deciding on whether or not to buy this or to buy Jergens for $2. However, I put down Jergens because I thought that it may be too strong for my sensitive skin and irritate it or even turn my skin orange. That was only because my perception of Dove compared to Jergens is "gentle". That's probably because of the product packaging.

All in all, I won't repurchase this because it's WAY too subtle. I'm not sure, but I think even left blackheads on my cheeks which are terrible because I can't get rid of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

I don't think they make this anymore but this was my HG self tanner for my face. I have about a half a bottle left and a little goes a long way,so the bottle does last.

This got my face nice and brown without looking fake or orange=) I have it in medium to dark skin and its nice and light,no greasiness or breakouts either. And it has a nice beachy scent too! If Dove did get rid of this I have to ask....why????????? lol but Doves energy glow lotion for the body is excellent too!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this face lotion. The downside is, it doesn't add any color to my very fair skin and it is supposed to be for medium-dark skin tones. It also doesn't have any SPF, which I would like. That being said, it does keep my skin VERY soft and clear. No breakouts or dry patches. It smells nice, too. Very little self-tanner smell, if any. I keep repurchasing it because I like it as a face lotion. I wouldn't recommend if you're looking for something to tan your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this product- my go to facial tanner. doesnt smell as bad as other ive tried ( jergins prime example which was also useless), nice light texture- not too greasy at all. develops into a nice colour after a few applications, gives a nice noticeable glow which has been a problem for me in the past- alot didnt show up on my skin (nc25-30) but doesnt leave you with that messy orange look. lovely product and extremely cheap, will repurchase time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I never would've tried this, but it came with the Dove Energy Glow lotion that I use all the time, so I figured why not. I was a little scared because I have fair skin that doesn't tan easily, and this was the medium shade. It works really well. It takes a few application to build up colour, so when it does show it's even and natural. I got a few compliments on my "tan," no one could tell it wasn't real. Plus, I love being able to put it under my eyes because I wear sunglasses all summer and the little tan I do get ends up being a sunglass tan. This helps to even it out a little bit. Plus, it smells nice and the packaging is great too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It gives me a believable and non-streaky tan after 3 applications (I am very fair skinned) and a nice glow after the first application. I've been using this for awhile and haven't experienced any breakouts, it is a lot better than actual facial self tanners because it builds up gradually so it looks more natural. I've tried the L'Oreal and Jergens facial versions but they were a little too greasy for my skin (and I never breakout), so this is definitely recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Less stinky than most! Also gave me a lovely color faster than Jergins, or Avino. Downside...Why no face tanning products Dove??

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by hellbreaker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is okay, not the best but it does the job. If you're looking for a moisturizer, this definitely isn't the product for you. In a nutshell, its simply a reformulation of the Dove Energy Glow body moisturizer. However, if you're specifically looking for a self-tanner designed for the face, then this is great. Its lightweight and absorbs fast, so its easy to wear under makeup. Once again, not so great if you're looking to moisturize.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by happy2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product made me break out :( Got some nice sized zits in places I don't usually break out...know it was this since it was the only new thing I've used lately. Good idea, though.