October 23, 2014 | 1349 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HiP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Lilmissdanae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this eyeliner. I got it on special for $10AUS so really wasn't expecting too much from it but I was pleasantly surprised.
It's is highly pigmented, which I love as I like more of a dramatic line. I use this on my upper lids and it has great staying power. A little goes along way and you get a good amount of product in the pot. (Compared to say Napoleon which is triple the price)
I tried it on my waterline as I have not been able to find ANY liner that will stay there for the day, and it did ok but had still worn off and was very light and patchy after 4 or 5 hours. That being said I am a contact lenses wearer and have quite watery eyes, I didn't find this to irritate them as most other liners on my waterline do so I think I'll keep trying it (at least when i'm going out for short periods of time!)
As everyone else said, ditch the brush or use it for something else. It's just too stiff for this soft creamy liner.
I'm really happy with this liner and will repurchase if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is, by far, my favorite eyeliner I own. I have the colors Black, Eggplant, and Teal, and they are all so pigmented and rich in color. I use Black the most often, and you need only a little to make an intense, dark, pitch-black line. They glide on effortlessly. Once they're set, they seem to stay put until you take them off (or if you start crying or something and wipe at your eyes). The only issue I've had is on very, very humid and sweaty days, I would experience a bit of smudging, but setting them with a powder eyehadow has seemed to help that issue a lot. Another thing I love is that they are completely matte, no shimmer or shine to them. I will continue re-purchasing these, and the pots I have now will last me a very long time (as I said, you really do not need to use a lot) and have had no problems with them drying out (just make sure you screw on the lid completely). Would very much recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by dearemily777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff so much! The pigment is amazing and the color never fades; it stays all day long. This eyeliner is so much better than other cream liners I have tried. I will say that the little brush makes it easy to do the winged look, but it's very stiff and harsh. So I just found a softer brush to use. I've had it for a little over three months now and still have so much product left. This eyeliner is just as creamy and smooth as the day I bought it. Other cream liners that I've tried dry up in like a month. This product is definitely worth the money :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cream eyeliner! I was eyeing it for months hoping the price would drop or I could snag it on sale- no such luck. I finally just took the plunge and bought it! I think it was about $12 where I bought it, can't remember where though, it's been a few months. That said, I went from being a complete mascara nutcase to only using this eyeliner. It's fantastic. I have the black one, and it is truly a beautiful, deep black. The brush that it comes with it too thick I think for this liner. I ended up buying a cheap brush that works fabulously. If you can't find the right THIN brush, look into painting brushes at art and craft stores. There is a nice selection there too :)

Anyways, the only con with this eyeliner is that it smudges and leaves an imprint on my upper lids. It doesn't ever really dry. I must have a special lot/batch, because I've had this eyeliner for a few months and it's still good as new. I can apply the eyeliner at 8AM and by the time I'm home at like 6 or 7PM, the eyeliner is still there! I wish this came in a waterproof version, maybe then it would not imprint my upper eyelids.
It's not enough to deterred me away from this product, it's still the best I've tried :D

EDIT: Jan 2013. I've completely replaced this eyeliner... MONTHS ago, with Milani's Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner (in Everlast). I just could not stand the upper eyelid imprint anymore. Milani's is pitch black, super waterproof, doesn't irritate my eyes, and dries beautiful. The only downfall is the brush, but after months of practice, I've got it to a TEE. On the third bottle, and way better than some of the higher end brands I dabbled with.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by deadiswhatweaimfor

This is my go to cream eyeliner if I don't feel like using liquid. It isn't as black as id like so I usually go over it with liquid. I loove the texture. The packaging is cute. Only con is the price. 11 dollars at walmart. Couldn't even find it at walgreens or target. That's a bit pricey for the small amount of product you get but overall, I will be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupluvr89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been buying this for the past 3 years. Its my HG. I love the deep black and have never had a problem with the brush, even define my brows with it. I haven't had a problem with it drying out I just screw the lid on tight. I always buy it when its BOGO free or half off so the price point is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by JazzyCloud

I absolutely love this product! I tried other gel liners and was not very satisfied but this one is creamy and is so easy to put on but it STAYS.

Yes it does dry out quickly and for the prince, that is ridiculous. But what I found is that I drop just ONE small drop of makeup remover into the jar when it gets to dry and it work again like new. This does not effect the drying time or the staying power.

That being said the brush is absolutely rubbish. Seriously, toss it and use something else.

For how expensive it is you should get a better brush but it is highly pigmented which is very good because you only need a very little bit of the product and it goes along way.

I have it in Black and Eggplant and I love the black but I'm not totally sold on the Eggplant color. I feel like it is an odd color and doesn't really go well with me. I really want to try the bright blue and the teal!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by srpotu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG. Creamy, long-lasting, highly pigmented, applies smoothly. I wear the brown for my everyday makeup; the purple, teal, or blue for dressier or going out situations. I have Asian monolids so it took me years to find a smooth eyeliner that didn't smudge/disappear within a couple of hours. This is it! It's a little expensive for a drugstore find but still a pretty good deal, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally had this product in the brown color and now I have it in black #905.

The little brush that comes with it is useless. Throw it out and get your own. Other than that, it's pretty excellent. The color is what you see in the little jar, which at times is a bit of a problem for me with the black, as I am very fair, but I save it for when I'm going out and want to look done-up. It does seem to dry up after a while, but it still works really well for me with a bit of water on the brush if necessary. I love how easily I can wing out my eyeliner for a night out with this stuff. I knock it down to a 4, however, because the wings smudge right off if I sweat even the tiniest bit. I wish they made this in a more waterproof or at least water-resistant formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on my 2nd pot of this eyeliner in black. It is a great matte black and stays on for literally 2 days...if I do not remove it with remover. I don't know why others said it comes off by the end of the day...I guess I am just lucky.
I store it upside down in the box it came in along with the brush. True, the brush is quite hard, but I found that by moving the bristles before dipping the brush, it seems to help a bit.
Overall, I will continue to purchase this liner. And the pot lasts for ages!