September 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Gels/Soaps - Cellcosmet - Gentle Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by mautan17aug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can feel mildness, softness from the texture. It causes me no allergy, also provides clean scent. On the other hand, I have to use quite an amount of cream, which basically is very expensive, to cleanse my whole face. That's mean I need to pay lots amount of money to clear up per time. Overall, it is very exceptional but I'd better save it for the next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 2:41:00 AM More reviews by miranets

My skin - oily, prone to congestion, fast skin turnover, dehydrated.

Never was a big fan of "cream" cleansers because my experiences with various brands (organic, high end, drugstore etc..) always left an uncomfortable film on the skin and I never could use it as an evening cleanser because it never thoroughly removed makeup and sebum build up.

For a while I was using NIA24 cleansing cream in the morning, it is decent but nothing like Cellcosmet.

Cellcosmet's texture is not like a regular cream cleanser where it adheres to the skin, it actually slips away very easily so you need to actually look to make sure it has been applied. It removes sebum very well (I can tell as usually there is always some traces of oil left around the t zone area with other cleansers) and I do not need to cleanse a second time. I have yet to try removing waterproof sunscreen and various sweatproof eye makeup primers but I normally use a cleansing oil anyway.

The scent is a light rose aroma, does not over dry at all, but it does not leave the skin squeaky clean like a foaming cleanser, neither does it leave a film that would make me want to cleanse again. It claims to relipidise the skin which is very important for me as I have a very unhappy skin barrier which needs a lot of topical repairs.

Depending on your budget, you can make it worthwhile either way. Although it would be so luxurious to use generous pumps of it to cleanse the whole face and neck, it is also possible to use something like 1/2 inch blob to cleanse the face and jaw area very well and so the regular tube would last a decent while.

I am very particular about my cleansers now, I no longer use stripping gel cleansers with no pH formulation. Perhaps some others can use any sort of cleanser and consider a moisturiser the most important investment in skincare, I have learnt from my past mistakes and I always choose a very well formulated cleanser and it is worth the investment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sandrabati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thankfully, I was giving samples of this product. After several uses, I had to stop using it. My face felt greasy and yet dry/dehydrated after using it. It was not easy to get off and when I really rinsed alot to get it off my skin was flaky. I also don't feel it cleansed very well as I needed a toner afterwards to complete cleaning my skin. Maybe this is better for drier skin types since there is oil in it? However, for combo (normal/oily t-zone and chin) this is sub par especially for the price. I was really disappointed since the Cellcosmet purifying gel rocks.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by tulipflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I used it for the first time last night and here is my review.

I was at Holt's and I bought the Cellcosmet cream cleanser, eye contour gel XT and a bunch of samples. Over time I will post all my reviews with the samples I took.

After I made my purchase, I went to Chanel and got a makeover done for the new fall season.

The makeup application was so amazing as usual!

Anyway, the liner was applied extremely close to my lash line. I made my purchases and went home. After a couple of hours it was time to got to bed and very happily I used the Cellcosmet cream cleanser.

I rinsed my face first and then put very tiny amount of the cream on my face as reccommended from the packaging. Let me just say "OH MY GOD!" what a luxurious feeling. Even though I could feel some type of oil from the cleanser, afterwards when I was done cleansing, my skin did not have any type of film/waxy feeling/or moisterizing feeling. It was squeeky clean without feeling dry or tight feeling I can get with Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin.

BUT, it could not remove my eye makeup. I applied more cleanser and still it could not remove my eye makeup. I had to grab my Cle de Peau eye makeup remover to remove the eye makeup and recleansed my skin with the cream cleanser.

I have to agree with the packaging that you do not need to use a lot of the cream cleanser to clean your face. I think this cleanser is concentrated.

This morning, I washed again and it did feel like there was oil in the cleanser but when I rinsed, there was absolutely no residue. I did feel squeeky clean. UPDATE: I would not repurchase this on regular basis. This is a luxury cleanser but is it really worth spending that much for a product that is on your face for a few minutes only to be washed off? But if you have sever dry sensitive skin in the winter, get this. Two lippie because the price is too high for what you are getting. I find Cetaphil gentle cleanser does a great job.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by hothuggie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the only cleanser i have used from cellcosmet but i liked it. it feels alot like la prairie's foam cleanser. its a very good cleanser that leaves my skin feeling very clean. overall one of the best cleansers i have used