Clinique Touch Base For Eyes - Petal Shimmer

3.7

on 5/8/2011 2:01:00 AM

I am so dissapointed in this product. I have never had a problem with creasing until I started using this product. No matter what I do, it creases really bad. I thought maybe I used to much the first time but I can't seem to get it to work, so sad:( really pretty color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love the color of this eyeshadow base. I think it looks amazing on it's own. I've had mine for a couple months and it hasn't dried out so it's going pretty good. I have to admit though the packaging kind-of looks like something you'd find in a dress-up box but the product itself out-weighs the packaging flaw.

on 5/19/2010 5:37:00 PM

I like the color and sometimes wear it as a shadow, but it dries out too quickly! I really want to love this product, but I canít because of its short self life (I mix it with a bit of primer to make it go on smoother)

on 10/13/2007 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like the Touch Base products, but this color didn't really work on my lighter olive skin - too silvery and shimmery, and looked almost white on my skin. My eyelids are rather dark and this color just popped too much. Tried using it as a primer but it just seemed to compete with my eyeshadow color. However, I do use a small amount sometimes on days when my eyes look tired - seems to brighten the eye area and bring it out. Would not buy this color again but like the product and have repurchased other colors that work better for me.

on 4/27/2005 3:02:00 PM

Although I prefer to use this as a base and not as a shadow (it's too frosty), I love the way this brightens up my eye area and the shadow I put on top of it. It could also be used as a shimmery highlighter, although I've never tried. It's a shimmery, frosty pale pink that's very easy to apply (it comes in a little green compact with an itsy bitsy mirror on the inside). Be sure to close the compact tightly, or the product may dry out completely! Beautiful.. makes shadow last forever.

on 9/26/2004 9:06:00 PM

I wear this alone and it definitely makes my eyes pop. It's great for people like me who have no talent for applying eye shadow: you just pat a little pit all over the lid with your finger for a nice, subtle shimmer. I've learned that less is definitely more with this product (too much will make your lids crease). I like this so much better than Clinique's Touch Tint, which majorly creased on me.

on 6/23/2004 12:35:00 PM

I really like the touch base in petal shimmer. However, I don't use mine for eyeshadow. I like to use it as a base before I apply my eyeshadow. I have found that it adds more depth to a lot of the Clinque eyeshadows that tend to have too little pigment. It also does a wonderful job in helping the eyeshadow last longer without creasing. I haven't had a problem with it drying up, you just have to be sure to always snap the container shut. When you start running low on the product it is a major pain to get it out of the compact. I had to use the end of a Q-tip to scrape it out of the corners. It is pretty expensive, but the small container should last for a while. (I just recently saw that neutragena came out with eye smoothing tints in petal shimmer. I plan on seeing if this works as well.. It's cheaper than Clinique)

on 1/3/2004 5:51:00 PM

Touch Base is one of my top three favorite eyeshadow products. It wears like crazy, comes in a cute (although sometimes pain in the butt) tiny compact (with a little mirror inside!) and lights up the eyes. It also doubles as an eyeshadow base.

Petal Shimmer is a pale, golden pink shade that is shimmery and pearly. This shade is very pale, almost TOO pale. Not much pigment here and can be hard to see on the eyelids. Not a re-purchase for me because it just doesn't show up on the eyelids like I thought it would.

continued >>

on 12/22/2003 12:25:00 AM

It's just blah-nothing special, and it dries out and becomes to waxy to apply after a certain point, even if you close it tight. It proabably would be better if it was in a tube. The color is very light pink which I use on my brow bone, very shimmery and at points hard to blend. Is porbably better to use as a base.

on 5/6/2003 12:11:00 PM

I love using this as an eyeshadow base. It makes my eyeshadow last all day long! It is shimmery too. I use this light pink when I am wearing cooler neutral colors. I gave it only 3 lippies because it can dry out if you don't use it up. I didn't like that about it. I rotate between this one and buff lightning.