November 23, 2014 | 2022 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Lip Polish in Purple Passion

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

When I bought this just the other day (October 2010), this product was only $2! Awesome price. Since it was so inexpensive, I thought why not give it a try. I was hoping for a light cool-toned pink with a little bit of shimmer. Purple Passion seemed to match what I was looking for.. it's not PURPLE purple, but light cool pink a hint of purple, so it's much more wearable.

Anyway, I got home and tested this out. First, I noticed the product did not smell great. It had a chemical-like smell that was not good. Luckily it seems to completely disappear when you put it on. Perhaps you can only smell it from the container. No flavor or anything is noticeable.

No extra stickiness! This stuff goes on smooth and feels great. It's not overly thick or goopy. I love the texture.

The color is more sheer than I was hoping for. I wanted something with more pigmentation! It was still pretty and give a hint of color and a hint of sparkle, but nothing dramatic at all. It's very natural looking.

Overall, I'd say this is a nice gloss and there isn't anything bad about it, but I was just hoping it was more pigmented. I am having a tough time finding a color like this with more pigment. If I apply this heavily, it shows up a little more. I would consider repurchasing if I wanted another sheer gloss, but I just have many right now. I'll be keeping this one in my purse right now for something that I can apply on the go without a mirror. Oh and $2... can't beat that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 6:30:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There seems to be a new Purple Passion with a lot more pigmentation out on a LE display for the Holidays. This really pretty. Sheer light purple with green glitter. Pretty shade just wished it showed up more on my pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2003 1:44:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

This light pinkish purple only left a very slight hint of color on my medium complexion with dark purplish lips lightening them. This is good for days when I wanna go minimal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2002 9:18:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am usually pretty impressed with the Lip Polishes but this color doesn't even show up on me :( In the tube it looks like an almost exact replica of Chanel's Tickled Pink Glossimer! But once I put it on, it was super thin and no color! What a disappointment. I will be returning this. Most Maybelline Lip Polishes are not like this, they usually have awesome shimmery color (at least the colors that I have tried before).