Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel (Waterproof Version)

3.7

Isododecane, Cera Alba (Beeswax), VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aqua (Water), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Paraffin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polyethylene, Alcohol Denat., PEG-22/Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Polybutene, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl Myristyl Ether, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Citrate, Chlorphenesin, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ethylparaben [ /- (May contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289(Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 8/8/2015 7:39:00 PM

I bought this mascara because I love the Inimitable range but was looking for a waterproof version. I have used it daily for the last month.

My expectation was that it would be the same high quality brush I found in the non-waterproof range, with the same ease of application (on-the-go, no fuss), the same degree of lash separation (no clumping) and, finally, a formula that doesn't flake. The product is advertised on most of these points (e.g., waterproof formula that won't flake, perfect definition of lashes...).

The formula is absolutely waterproof, with no smudging in my experience. It dries very quickly and is very long-wearing (7am - 7pm).

However, maybe because the formula is so thick and dries so quickly, I have found that the brush is not effective in separating the lashes, and it flakes. After the first application, the lashes are clumped together and it's no use trying to separate them with the brush as it just adds more product. It dries immediately, making it very difficult to separate them, even with another brush. Flaking seems to be a byproduct of the amount of formula that the brush carries and how quickly it dries.

I hope they improve the waterproof formula because the brush is very good for someone with small lashes that is looking for definition and separation.

Another down side for me has been a loss of confidence on this high-end brand to deliver what they say it does. I took it as guaranteed at this price range but I will now be more careful for my next purchase.

on 7/25/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have a love and hate relationship with this mascara. I hate the fact that a tube of mascara can be so ridiculously expensive. I think it's this now cost around $60 AUD, I throw out mascaras after 3 months use.

This mascara to me has the best hold after curling my lashes and it adds volume and length. I can also add two coats without it looking clumpy. But, I hate how it dries up in the tube after only a few uses.

This mascara pretty much last all day but I would not call it smudge proof, when I apply it on my bottom lashes it smudges and gets caught on the skin under my eye.

I like to punish myself, so I would probably buy this again! only because I haven't found something cheaper but better, I am still searching for a replacement.

I bought this mascara as a splurge when I went to France 3 years ago. The moment I tried it on I couldn't believe such a perfect mascara existed. I have short downward growing Asian lashes, and this mascara holds my curl sooooo well!! it also makes my lashes 1.5 times longer, fuller, thicker, and darker. I've been using this mascara ever since (for the past 3 years), and I will definitely keep using it. This mascara does smudge during the hot summer days at the end of a day - I find that just rub your smudge off with a wet tissue to remove and oils on your skin and it won't smudge anymore. HELPFUL TIP: this mascara is difficult to wash off, use coconut oil to remove!!!!! Rub a little bit of coconut oil on the lashes and wipe off with a tissue - will completely come off super easily!!!

on 1/22/2015 3:45:00 PM

This mascara looked good. However, its supposed to be waterproof but it smudged after a couple of hours everytime I wore it. Eventually gave up on it and returned to Mac Zoomlash x

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I paid $50 SGD ($40 USD) for this and I think it's worth every penny because of how it makes your lashes look.

I've had this since November and I absolutely love the way it makes my lashes look. It volumizes and lengthens like no other mascara I've tried , but IT'S NOT WATERPROOF. Can it resist sweat or tears, yes, but it cannot by any means resist swimming or face-washing, so if you're looking for a waterproof mascara, I'd suggest the L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof. Would I repurchase? Yes for the effects, but no for the water resistance.
Here's my first impression review and my thoughts are about the same; Chanel Inimitable if you want volume+length, L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes if you want water resistance.

I really like this product!! I purchased it last month, but only tried it a couple of days ago... and was really impressed. Some reviews claimed it clumped and flaked, however, I didn't experience any flaking, so i guess its different for everyone. It looks really natural and does not clump at all, it gives fuller lashes and actually holds a curl. The packaging is also nice- the classic chanel packaging.

When this product finishes I will definitely repurchase.

on 4/15/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oily eyes. Puny short sparse Asian lashes.

First time I tried this mascara, I actually did a 'wooooooaaaah'. This helped my curl ALL day. Never seen that before.

I can attest with real tears this mascara is waterproof.

But I also can attest with my oily skin, this mascara smudges on me. Oil moves oil. Found the same w/ the Le Volume.

Current favorite mascara, but I'm on the hunt for a great smudgeproof mascara (not so worried about crying all the time. heehee)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised this mascara has such a decent rating. It smudges terribly for a waterproof mascara. A few hours after application I'll have black circles under my eyes. And I found the mascara in the tube dried out very quickly as well. The only good thing I can say about this mascara is that it looks very natural on my lashes. Overall it's a very poor, overpriced product from such a luxury brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

at first I really loved this mascara so much.
PROs:
1. I love the wand of this mascara
--> it makes it easy to apply, and even gets the smallest lashes in the inner Corners of your eyes and your bottom lashes
--> makes them look very long and defined but still gives a good amount of volume
2. the packaging is lovely
CONs:
1. it just doesn`t hold the curl
2. even the waterproof Version of it smudges so badly! after maybe 3 hours the black had already transferred to my eyelids
3. it is quite expensive

finally I was just very disappointed with this mascara and really bummed I got it :(
I do recommend it to normal to dry skin types though because it gives the most beautiful effect to your lashes.
but it sure isn`t any good for oily skin types whatsoever and I would not recommend getting one of them!

Hope you found this helpful xx

on 11/27/2013 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is ok - it's certainly not the best I've ever used but it does the job. I still experience smudging, but it usually isn't too bad. It is slightly frustrating that you need an oil based (dual?) eye makeup remover to really get it off - I prefer to only use one remover for my face (crealine usually does the job). This will give you natural lashes - it coats them but other than that, I didn't notice any effect. It's a bit expensive on a student budget, especially considering you should replace mascaras every 4 months.

Video Reviews & Tutorials