November 28, 2014 | 1913 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel (Waterproof Version)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by BeautyWithErin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I paid $50 SGD ($40 USD) for this and I think it's worth every penny because of how it makes your lashes look.

I've had this since November and I absolutely love the way it makes my lashes look. It volumizes and lengthens like no other mascara I've tried , but IT'S NOT WATERPROOF. Can it resist sweat or tears, yes, but it cannot by any means resist swimming or face-washing, so if you're looking for a waterproof mascara, I'd suggest the L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof. Would I repurchase? Yes for the effects, but no for the water resistance.
Here's my first impression review and my thoughts are about the same; Chanel Inimitable if you want volume+length, L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes if you want water resistance.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Chilllovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product!! I purchased it last month, but only tried it a couple of days ago... and was really impressed. Some reviews claimed it clumped and flaked, however, I didn't experience any flaking, so i guess its different for everyone. It looks really natural and does not clump at all, it gives fuller lashes and actually holds a curl. The packaging is also nice- the classic chanel packaging.

When this product finishes I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

Oily eyes. Puny short sparse Asian lashes.

First time I tried this mascara, I actually did a 'wooooooaaaah'. This helped my curl ALL day. Never seen that before.

I can attest with real tears this mascara is waterproof.

But I also can attest with my oily skin, this mascara smudges on me. Oil moves oil. Found the same w/ the Le Volume.

Current favorite mascara, but I'm on the hunt for a great smudgeproof mascara (not so worried about crying all the time. heehee)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this mascara has such a decent rating. It smudges terribly for a waterproof mascara. A few hours after application I'll have black circles under my eyes. And I found the mascara in the tube dried out very quickly as well. The only good thing I can say about this mascara is that it looks very natural on my lashes. Overall it's a very poor, overpriced product from such a luxury brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by katlovesbeauty218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

at first I really loved this mascara so much.
PROs:
1. I love the wand of this mascara
--> it makes it easy to apply, and even gets the smallest lashes in the inner Corners of your eyes and your bottom lashes
--> makes them look very long and defined but still gives a good amount of volume
2. the packaging is lovely
CONs:
1. it just doesn`t hold the curl
2. even the waterproof Version of it smudges so badly! after maybe 3 hours the black had already transferred to my eyelids
3. it is quite expensive

finally I was just very disappointed with this mascara and really bummed I got it :(
I do recommend it to normal to dry skin types though because it gives the most beautiful effect to your lashes.
but it sure isn`t any good for oily skin types whatsoever and I would not recommend getting one of them!

Hope you found this helpful xx

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This mascara is ok - it's certainly not the best I've ever used but it does the job. I still experience smudging, but it usually isn't too bad. It is slightly frustrating that you need an oil based (dual?) eye makeup remover to really get it off - I prefer to only use one remover for my face (crealine usually does the job). This will give you natural lashes - it coats them but other than that, I didn't notice any effect. It's a bit expensive on a student budget, especially considering you should replace mascaras every 4 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Oolbogurl

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara!!! I've been using this for past few years. I recently changed to a drug store product (non waterproof) only because this mascara tends to smudge on my lower eyelids past mid day :( And then I learned that 'waterproof' does not mean smudge proof. I will test out their non waterproof version of this mascara. Even with little bit of smudging, I still think this is the BEST mascara out there! Easy to use, it lengthens and adds volume. also love the brush. With this mascara, I don't get clumps, I don't have to brush it out to get the lashes separated after applying because it separates it well. Keeps my short straight lashes curled all day. And it is truly waterproof. I've cried several times wearing this mascara and I live in Seattle so it drizzle pretty often and face gets wet, but I don't have black tears running down my face. It is pricey, but I'm willing to pay extra for product that gives me exactly what I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by stealthxgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara. I'm always trying out new mascaras, but always end up coming back to this one. I haven't found one that comes close to looking as great on me as this one does. I've used both the regular and waterproof, and prefer this one (waterproof). It's the best at lengthening, giving volume to my lashes and holding a curl, while staying put all day (never smudges on me). It is a bit of a pain to remove, but it's worth dealing with.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara in Blu Note. I was looking for a blue waterproof mascara and I found this. It was a splurge for me. It's very expensive for a mascara. I do love the color and I apply it over my black mascara for a fun look. This will last me a while since I don't coat my whole lashes with it just the tips. But the Blue Note is a Limited edition, I'm debating if I should buy another one as a backup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very easy to use mascara. Really loved the normal version but as I cycle and exercise a lot I bought the waterproof version. While I absolutely love the normal one I'm a bit disappointed with the wp one, it just doesn't hold up, I have dark smudges at the end of the day. With or without foundation, it doesn't matter, I end up with dark smudges all over my under eyes.