November 25, 2014 | 1798 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sephora - Professional Dual Pencil Sharpener

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by hahhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just did a comparison of 5 pencil sharpeners. My eyeliner was chewed up by all but one.

I compared

L'Oreal pencil sharpener
Urban Decay Grind House (old style)
Urban Decay Grind House (new style)
Sephora 3-In-1
Sephora Colorful Dual Antibacterial

Whoever told me the new UD Grind House didn't mush tips lied to me. It did.

The winner by a landslide was the Sephora Colorful Dual Antibacterial. Not only didn't it chew up my liner, but it made a super fine sharp point on it. Also at $3 it was by far the cheapest. (Actually, the L'Oreal may have been cheaper but I don't remember what I paid for it. The Sephora 3-In-1 and UD Grind House were both $10).

YAY for bargain products that work!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this sharpener because when I went to Sephora, this was the only one they had. What a mistake! This is the worst sharpener! It sharpend my pencils unevenly so I have a weird sharp edge on all of them. The large side is completely useless and has all but destroyed my UD concealer pencil. I would not recommend this at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Minelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It doesn't seem to sharpen as easily as one would guess. I suppose the blades aren't as razor like as I'd like. However, it performs well, and thankfully it's the right size for my pencils.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this sharpener after hearing it being raved by a makeup guru on youtube. The small sharpener is ok (which is why i'm keeping it and not returning it) The jumbo sharpener is pure CRAP. It demolished my chubby pencils when i used it. Doesn't leave a smooth finish but a more choppy uneven one, as if some small animal gnawed on it! Packaging is cute..has plastic covers to cover the holes so dirt and dust don't get inside. Also comes with a pick to clean the blade area. $4..is pretty cheap, but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sunbunny2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the best, but not the worst.

The last time I bought a pencil sharpener I got it from Dollar Tree (yes for $1). Best beauty bargain ever! Well one night I dropped it into the toilet and flushed! OOOOOPS!

I went to Sephora and purchased this.... I thought I would love it.

Pro: Caps over sharpeners
Con: Caps over sharpeners

The caps sometimes have trouble opening... and I am totally afraid to pull them too hard! when they do open easily, I love it to death!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Rachel137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I haven't had problems with the effectiveness of the actual sharpeners (although I barely ever use them, so maybe that's why). My problem is with the overall quality of the item. There are snap-on caps over the two pencil openings, and the canister has a flip-top cover, all to contain the mess made when you sharpen. But both of my snap-on caps broke off ages ago, and the flip-top lid doesn't want to stay closed. Essentially, I think the plastic and the item's construction are very shoddy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Lisahh

Nice and Sharp. What more can you ask for in a sharpener? It also comes with the little stick to scrape off sticky shadows and shavings. I love the clear dome, keeps it mess free. At last, I am able to sharpen my fat eyeshadow sticks!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a terrible product. Cheap packaging, and took FOREVER to get a sharp point on my Korres kohl eye pencils. Goodness, the blades must be dull or something.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by qu1stis

Don't buy this. This sharpener is not sharp at all. I used this on one of my eyebrow pencils, and it ended up making a big mess and took off a huge chunk of the pencil without even making it sharp! It made the wooden edges of the pencil all choppy.

If I still had my receipt, this 3 dollar sharpener would go back to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is very easy to travel with becasue of the closures that keep makeup bags and the like clean. Packaging is cheap and it is inexpensive. It sharpens pencils to a fine point but I haven't used the big side yet. (Can't wait to try it on my Bad Gal eyeliner). I'll update when I do. Hope it's as good as the small side!