Sephora Professional Dual Pencil Sharpener

2.7

on 3/10/2015 2:48:00 AM

Nice and very cute sharpener

on 9/25/2014 11:00:00 AM

I just did a comparison of 5 pencil sharpeners. My eyeliner was chewed up by all but one.

I compared

L'Oreal pencil sharpener
Urban Decay Grind House (old style)
Urban Decay Grind House (new style)
Sephora 3-In-1
Sephora Colorful Dual Antibacterial

Whoever told me the new UD Grind House didn't mush tips lied to me. It did.

The winner by a landslide was the Sephora Colorful Dual Antibacterial. Not only didn't it chew up my liner, but it made a super fine sharp point on it. Also at $3 it was by far the cheapest. (Actually, the L'Oreal may have been cheaper but I don't remember what I paid for it. The Sephora 3-In-1 and UD Grind House were both $10).

YAY for bargain products that work!

on 1/15/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I got this sharpener because when I went to Sephora, this was the only one they had. What a mistake! This is the worst sharpener! It sharpend my pencils unevenly so I have a weird sharp edge on all of them. The large side is completely useless and has all but destroyed my UD concealer pencil. I would not recommend this at all!

on 4/4/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It doesn't seem to sharpen as easily as one would guess. I suppose the blades aren't as razor like as I'd like. However, it performs well, and thankfully it's the right size for my pencils.

on 9/20/2010 12:16:00 PM

I bought this sharpener after hearing it being raved by a makeup guru on youtube. The small sharpener is ok (which is why i'm keeping it and not returning it) The jumbo sharpener is pure CRAP. It demolished my chubby pencils when i used it. Doesn't leave a smooth finish but a more choppy uneven one, as if some small animal gnawed on it! Packaging is cute..has plastic covers to cover the holes so dirt and dust don't get inside. Also comes with a pick to clean the blade area. $4..is pretty cheap, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/16/2009 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not the best, but not the worst.

The last time I bought a pencil sharpener I got it from Dollar Tree (yes for $1). Best beauty bargain ever! Well one night I dropped it into the toilet and flushed! OOOOOPS!

I went to Sephora and purchased this.... I thought I would love it.

Pro: Caps over sharpeners
Con: Caps over sharpeners

The caps sometimes have trouble opening... and I am totally afraid to pull them too hard! when they do open easily, I love it to death!

on 6/24/2009 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I haven't had problems with the effectiveness of the actual sharpeners (although I barely ever use them, so maybe that's why). My problem is with the overall quality of the item. There are snap-on caps over the two pencil openings, and the canister has a flip-top cover, all to contain the mess made when you sharpen. But both of my snap-on caps broke off ages ago, and the flip-top lid doesn't want to stay closed. Essentially, I think the plastic and the item's construction are very shoddy.

on 5/27/2009 1:32:00 AM

Nice and Sharp. What more can you ask for in a sharpener? It also comes with the little stick to scrape off sticky shadows and shavings. I love the clear dome, keeps it mess free. At last, I am able to sharpen my fat eyeshadow sticks!

on 11/1/2008 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

What a terrible product. Cheap packaging, and took FOREVER to get a sharp point on my Korres kohl eye pencils. Goodness, the blades must be dull or something.

on 7/21/2008 10:31:00 AM

Don't buy this. This sharpener is not sharp at all. I used this on one of my eyebrow pencils, and it ended up making a big mess and took off a huge chunk of the pencil without even making it sharp! It made the wooden edges of the pencil all choppy.

If I still had my receipt, this 3 dollar sharpener would go back to Sephora.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools