November 21, 2014 | 1653 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

In love. . . well sort of. I'm not the biggest fan of the scent although I don't find it offensive and I do wish they made it available in larger bottles. I heard about this from my mother's friend, who has gorgeous soft hands with such plump skin at her age (60's) that I had to know what she used. She whipped out a bottle of TBS Cocoa Butter Hand and Body.

Now I use it almost daily, especially if I'm going out and wearing something that shows skin - every single time I use this, no lie - I get several compliments on my skin, how nice my legs look, etc etc. It gives skin such a beautiful glow, that is worth the price right there. It leaves a delicate, non-oily, non-sticky sheen on my limbs that just makes me look much better, healthier, and distracts from any minor imperfections. I have always hated my legs so to actually get compliments on them is beyond crazy to me. I also have dry skin on my body, which is sensitive and eczema-prone and this works like a charm to actually keep my skin moisturised. Many body creams or lotions soften my skin for an hour, then back to being dry, ashy and itchy it goes. Not with this. I apply it right after a shower, on slightly damp skin and my skin is soft till the next time I re-apply and I feel like I need less lotion as time goes by.

Seriously - I cannot recommend this enough if you have dull, ageing, ashy, dry skin or just want your skin to look awesome for a less-clothed day - try this out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This sells for $12 a bottle and is not worth it. The lotion itself is thin and a little watery with a fragrance that I find unpleasant. The scent sticks to your hands and takes a while to fade. The upside is that this lotion works extremely well. It's perfect as a light summer lotion for your body.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best lotions I have used used. Smells great and works well on my skin (and my skin is very sensitive). The only downside is how expensive it is. If it was cheaper, I would bathe in this stuff. Seriously.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Rebiaaurora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this lotion wanting a thin and light moisturizer for summer. It is good for that purpose. I don't have any problems with itů except forů

the scent. Which is horrible. I tried on a small amount of it on my arm before I bought it, and even liked the smell. I didn't find it very strong, which was the reason why I didn't buy the coconut lotion (I love their coconut line). After using it maybe three times I started to slightly dislike it, I've no idea why. And now I almost can't stand it. The smell is so bad that it makes me not want to use the lotion at all. I will try to use it up anyway though, despite the unpleasantness.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My primary reason for continuing to repurchase this Body Shop product is the fragrance. Strangely enough it smells nothing like the companion body butter but has a highly addictive, summer beach vacation scent that is reassuring, carefree and not at all overpowering.

The formula is pretty watery and wouldn't do for serious moisturizing, especially the shins. It's great though if you live in a climate with a lot of moisture in the air or during the summer months. I wouldn't be without it; it's my happy mood body lotion!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by dominika99

This is a thin, slightly watery lotion more suitable for spring/summer use than winter. It absorbed quickly enough and left my skin hydrated and my cuticles soft when I used it on my hands.

But the stench: most foul! I can only describe it as a sharp, chemical smell that has very little in common with the chocolaty, comfy smell of cocoa. It is not remotely similar to the lovely scent of the cocoa Body Butter.

I bought a small bottle of this without sniffing because I like quite a few other lotions from the Body Shop and figured this couldn't be bad either. But now this has been demoted to night-duty: I apply it in the evening, so the smell wears off by the time I'm awake and I don't have to deal with it much.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Dangermouse09

I bought this because i love the cocoa butter body butter and the smell. The hand and body lotion doesn't smell anything like the body butter and when i got it there was a familiar smell and i realise now it smells like Lush's Charity Pot. Its a light moisturiser, i wouldn't say it helps with very dry skin, but it does make skin soft. The smell isn't great - if it was the same smell as the cocoa butter body butter i would be in heaven but its not. Would i buy this again? no, i think i'll stick with paying out the extra pounds for the body butter or when there are offers on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

True the smell is slightly diffrent but it's still pretty nice. Love it in the summer but not moisturizing enough for winter. Light moisture with no greasy feeling. If you have very dry skin you will not like this lotion. I always keep a small bottle in my bag in summer. Do try the shower gel, same smell, very gentle and non drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by mahreeah

It's too watery and doesn't really moisturise dry skin well, which it was supposed to do.. The price was alright but after using it, the price seems too high for this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin and thought this might be helpful but it's a no go. The consistency was watery/drippy--doesn't really stay on my skin well and the smell is odd--not bad as such but simply weird, yucky.

As an experiment, I tried it on one half of my neck (which normally feels dry) and left the other half dry. A short time later, there was no discernible difference in touch--the skin felt dry again.

Summary: this product was simply "bleh."