August 29, 2014 | 1899 users online

Fragrances - Cartier - Eau de Cartier

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just started my second 200 mL bottle. This is what I wear when I don't feel like perfume. On me it is a lavender violet scent. Very tender and always appropriate.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by coolfreshair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells fresh and clean and is great on a hot summer's day.

Although a unisex fragrance I feel it veers on the masculine side and isn't a scent I would wear if I wanted to feel feminine, seductive or pretty.

In saying this it does smell lovely. It reminds me of the fresh feeling you get after you've taken a shower.

However I think a masculine body chemistry would bring this scent more excitement

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

wonderful scent but no staying power whatsoever. Gone in an hour tops!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First few times I tried this I loved it: Fresh, clean and envigorating. Very versatile, great at the pool, for work, anything really. The problem is after a couple of days it weirdly smelled completely different on me. And it hasn't changed since, its become a heavy musky scent. Can't understand why. Shame. Might try again in future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a really great day scent. It's very light and fresh. Unoffensive! Top notes are coriander, yuzu and bergamot; middle notes are violet leaf, lavender and violet; base notes are cedar, patchouli, musk and white amber.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by MarBah

I am a fan of unisex fragnance, I hate anything fruity or floral or sweet. I have been using D&G light blue for the past year and decided I need something new.

I must say this is an amazing scent. I have no idea about picking out the particular ingredients of a scent, but I will describe it as such: complex, fresh, greenish, clean. A fragnance for everyday, not overpowering, just subtle and sexy. It has that " fresh out of a shower" quality to it which I crave for in a fragnance.

On me, the scent went really feminine, I can not see a man using it. On me, it lost it's initial unisex quality and went toward a softer, warmer, feminine side. I absolutely love it, I keep on snuffing my wrist all day.

I did not give it 5/5 because the scent does not really last too long. But I love it! Perfect gift for any lady, just a neutral sexy scent. Packaging is simple yet elegant...hey, it's Cartier afterall!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This masculine scent opens with a rather nice citrus and quickly morphs into cedar. The marriage of these notes is nice but the lasting power isn't. Gone within an hour! I'm giving this to my husband and will update if it is a different experience for him.
UPDATE: This is a-m-a-z-i-n-g on my husband!!!! Makes my knees weak!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a "maybe" option for the repurchase, but fornow I am leaning towards "yes". I am really not sure I would dish out the $$$ to buy this, but since I had Shoppers Optimum points and I like to use those on rewarding myself with a fragrance, I ended up getting the 200 ml bottle ($115 CAD).
I really love the notes of this fragrance, even though I am not into unisex fragrances. That said, I find this fragrance more on the feminine side anyhow. My husband who adores and knows fragrances well said that he couldn't really see himself wearing this one, and to me that says a lot.
Fragrance notes have been described well below, so I won't repeat. I will say, however, that there is a distinct difference between this one and the concentree version, so concentree is not just a stronger version of this - it is definitely more masculine.
Why wouldn't I necessarily dish out $115 of my own for this fragrance? Potentially because of its longevity. I feel like I have to bathe in this in order to have it stay on me longer (and especially "soak" my hair in it as my hair keeps the fragrance the longest). The good thing is that it is not super expensive, the bad that you will use up a bottle very quickly.
All in all, nice, non-offensive notes (maybe not very original either), a bit more fleeting than I would like, but a perfect fresh summer fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by lirial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about this one. The top notes are beautiful. I get the yuzu, amber, and violet right away, and this combination is what I love. However, on me, the drydown leaves only spicy notes (patchouli?) with a hint of the violet. It's not unpleasant, but these are not the notes I initially loved about this fragrance. I think I would pass on a full-size of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by expatagain

Love this perfume- but a sad story: I was sniffing this perfume for months in a department store, loving the top note, heart note and just finding the drydown intoxicating, so took the plunge and purchased. But my bottle (LOVE the bottle) seems to give only the top note. Literally cannot smell it after 30 min. No lovely drydown whatsoever. Alas. So hopefully I just got a defect bottle and my next one will be like the tester was.