November 25, 2014 | 1817 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Salon Expert

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by vickig92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have about 127 nail polishes consisting mostly of OPI, Essie and Sally Hansen. I only have one Maybelline brand and it is salon expert in Kissed Petal. I cannot tell you guys how GREAT this polish really is. You just have to try it. For me, I have never liked OPI. I love their colors because of so much variety but I find OPI after a couple of uses ends up being thick and clumpy. Essie is good and they have cute colors but I tend to chip very easily with Essie. I have plenty of Sally Hansen nail colors from everyone of their collections and I don't like them at all. They chip very easily. Now back to Kissed Petal from Maybelline salon expert. I only have to put on one coat and it is solid. Its full coverage and the color is so sweet and elegant. It dries easily and lasts a long time for me. It takes a while to chip and I just can't get over the color. I highly recommend this product. My mom was the one that actually bought this product and it came with a top/base coat as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by tereserocha

THE BEST BRUSH & FORMULA EVER!! I bought French Manicure and Romantic Rose from a clearance box in Pharma Plus for $1.99 each! French Manicure is THE perfect "my nails but better" color and Romantic Rose is kind of a peachy pink color. Both HG!!! The formula is more on the watery side. The brush is about 3/4 the size of Rimmel Lasting Pro and the Sally Hansen Complete Manicure---tapered, thin and flat and with curved tips which make the product super easy to apply. I like Maybelline's brush better because I find it more softer, and the size is not as overwhelming on my nails. I would say it takes 10-15 minutes to fully dry without a top coat. My manicure stayed on for 6 days and 6 showers without chipping/peeling and my pedicure is still perfect after 3 weeks. I applied 1 coat of Rimmel Lasting Pro base/top coat, 2-3 coats of Maybelline Salon Expert, and 1 coat of Essie Good to Go Top coat. The only downside to this is that I can't find them anywhere in stores or on the Maybelline website anymore! I hope they're not being discontinued because it's amazing I want more polish from this line!
EDIT 06/28/11 - I called Maybelline Canada and they said that the Salon Expert line has been DISCOUNTINUED!!!! Such a shame!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by carelovespink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in midnight red and extreme blackcurrant - a dark red and a dark eggplant. Both are fantastic shades that are my go-to's in the winter months. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I bought about 8 different colors of this line on clearance sale. One I have used the most so far is Lavish Sable - I have used up about 1/3 of the bottle. It is a rich burgundy/brown with red microshimmer and it cannot be mistaken for black. The color is fantastic - perfect vampy shade for winter but not only. It very much reminds me of OPI Royal Rajah Ruby and China Glaze X. The bottle color looked more brown shimmer but when applied it was more burgundy shimmer.

The polish is on the thicker side and applies a bit unevenly (not in color but as the surface goes). A shiny top coat gets rid of that problem though. The coverage is great - if desired one coat could be sufficient - it is hardly streaky at all. I always apply 2 and the color gets darker.

Now as far as chipping goes - it think this particular color chips a bit more that usual. It looks great for 2 days and on the third some fingernails start chipping. With a touch-up I normally get 4 days out of it. I think a top coat is a must with this one otherwise it would chip too soon.

I dont think I will buy again but for the price it was worth it. I also try not to support companies which test on animals (and Maybelline is sadly one of them).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by gdriban

I have been searching for a replacement for Essie's Mademoiselle and I think I found it! Essie lasts less than 24 hours without its first chip however, I absolutely love the sheer pink of Mademoiselle. After a little searching at Target, VOILA--same color as Mademoiselle but lasts 5-6 days on me without a chip! Love the price, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well well well! Who'd have thought that the shape of the brush would make such a difference to applying nail polish? The brush is the right length, with a curved edge at the tip of the brush, not a "squared off" edge, like normal nail polishes, and it makes it a dream to apply. I've not used Maybelline polishes for years, I do my nails religiously every week with a natural colour on fingers (that way I don't look scruffy when it chips) and a dark, vampy red on my pedi. I only applied this last night (Wednesday - I'll update again with the day that it starts to chip), no base coat (I use a top coat instead, I find if I use a base coat, then colour, then topcoat, it tends to chip off in big chunks - might try with this Maybelline range and see if it's still the case) so I can't really score it fairly, but I'll update once I've had it on a few days. Regarding the colour, I got a natural, very pale pink which is undetectable colour-wise on my fingers, however it does make my hands look far more polished and glossy. Very happy so far but we'll see. Update: well this lasted really well, about a week with only the slightest bit of wear at the very tips. Really impressed with the brush and the lasting power so it's definitely staying in my mani kit. I've put the stars up to 5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by halloweenhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

WOW. okay my friend did my nails in Maybelline Salon Expert 115 French Tip White, and it looked amazing, and so professional. People asked me if I got my nails done!!

I tried it myself, using a different brand: NYC, and it was horrible. I love Maybelline Salon Expert, and it's curved brush makes precision amazing. I love everything about this nail polish. If you're looking for a great nail polish, that doesn't chip easily, and has a great composition, go try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by seniorita

I have this in "Cherry Sin" which in my opinion is the most perfect red ever. This polish is excellent. I'm a waitress and am constantly using my hands. I've had this polish on for a week (without any touching up)and it hasn't chipped at all! I'm so impressed by this little drugstore find, I will definitely be checking out different colors, and buying a stock of this color as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

This nail polish is pretty nice. I have Sheer Ballet Pink and the Top/Base coat. It's not like OPI, which lasts FOREVER on me...but it's quite excellent for a DS brand. It's easy to apply and the colors are pigmented. Will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by jimsland

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Girly Pink. I love the color, 2 coats is opaque. A shimmery (almost frosty?), cool and mid toned 'girly' pink. Works great on my fair, cool skin. The curved brush is a breeze to work with. I always use Seche Vite base and top coats so really cannot speak to the wear of this polish. The only negative is the god awful smell when applying, but it's worth it. I usually buy Essie and OPI when on sale, but this is a great DS polish. Would definitely buy again.