April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Gels/Soaps - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - 8% Glycolic/Lactic Acid Body Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by denns

I purchased a sample of this product and liked it so much that I bought the full size. It really helped to not only clear up my back/chest acne but fade the dark spots/discoloration left over from previous breakouts. It also made the skin on my back really smooth - it's usually very rough and bumpy from the breakouts.

Right after I finished the sample I was kind of "meh" and wasn't sure if I'd repurchase. After about a week of not using it I notice the texture on my back started to return to its bumpy, uneven state. That definitely swayed me and I nabbed a big bottle when MUAC had a 30% sale!

It smells like orange jello, which is a bit odd but not really offputting. It doesn't have the greatest lather but my skin doesn't really bode well with harsh sulfates so I don't mind at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by babeybearz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a huge fan of glycolic anything, especially the MUAC glycolic face peels, and I've always thought it would be awesome if I could do a glycolic peel on my entire body. While I realize that this product can't accomplish the same thing as a 50% glycolic peel, I thought I'd try it anyway to see if it'd have any effect on my skin. My lower legs get very dry and occasionally I'll get an ingrown hair there (this started after I began using an epilator), so I thought this might help with that, or perhaps just help with making my skin softer and smoother overall. Unfortunately, I really found it to have no effect whatsoever. There was no noticeable difference in my skin, even with regular usage, and what's worse is that even as a body wash in general it sucked. It didn't lather much and I found myself dumping more and more of the body wash on my loofah just trying to get enough to lather my whole body. I hate when things don't lather. After I saw no difference from using this product, I thought I'd try something new and began lathering and then letting the suds sit on my skin for a few minutes, hoping to give the glycolic acid more time to do it's job. This had no effect either. I think the problem is that the glycolic acid just gets too diluted after lathering, and there's just not enough active ingredient to have any effect. I really wanted to love this product, and I kept the bottle til I'd used every last drop, however I definitely would not recommend it to others and I'd never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Broke me out like a B***H. :-(

It's going to take weeks to heal the leftover scarring all up and down my back, chest, and shoulders.

I don't know why - there are SO few ingredients in it.

Get a sample first, just in case.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by magdabug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tend to get breakouts on my back, as well as ingrown hairs from waxing my legs. This product takes care of both issues quite well, and without over-drying my skin or being stinky (like Aqua Glycolic body wash, or Neutrogena body wash). As another reviewer said, it doesn't lather much, but I don't find that interferes with the effectiveness. I use it with those exfoliating gloves. The smell is ok, like grapefruit or something, although it smells a little plasticky--not enough to bother me, but enough so that I don't sniff it for the fun of it :) For amazing exfoliation, scrub this on a little, turn of the shower, and use sugar scrub thoroughly OVER the body wash, and then rinse. It loosens dead skin up for the sugar scrub to remove, and also the added time for the acids to work on your skin before rinsing helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cccb

A favorite gel wash for summertime use - a tiny bit goes a long way. Non-drying, leaves your body squeaky clean, with a refreshing citrus scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff. It is 4% glycolic acid, 4% lactic acid in a SLS-free cleansing base. Has a refreshing tangerine scent. Paraben free. Not the best cleanser and does not later up enough for my taste.