July 22, 2014 | 1300 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Deluxe Eyeshadow - Ransom

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaVictory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must have gotten an anomally because mine is very rich. It's my favorite Urban Decay color shade (because my favorite neutral shade is X). I find it works very well for someone like me who has a very neutral, medium skin tone. I really don't have any undertones in my skin....it's pretty much as neutral as you can get it. My skin is a perfect match for Urban Decay's "naked". Maybe it's just my skin...I don't know, but I have never had a problem with this color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Ransom is a dark purple eyeshadow with heavy blue undertones. The color is very unique, which is why I picked it up. I've yet to see a shadow similar to this shade. Like many of Urban Decay's Deluxe Shadows, this goes on more sheer than I expected, but it builds very easily. Ransom has a nice sheen to it, but it is not frosty or glittery. This shadow also applies very smoothly.
As much as I like this shadow, I said I wouldn't repurchase because it is a color that is difficult to wear. Especially on fairer skin like mine, this can give you a bruised eye look. The only time I can really use this is paired with dark greys or soft blacks for a smokey eye. I love using many of my Deluxe Shadows as liners, but this one just doesn't work well on it's own like that.
I still love Ransom, don't get me wrong. It's just a hard shade to use very often. But I don't regret adding this to my collection, since it is a one-of-a-kind shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedape

This is my HG purple eyeshadow. Amazing texture on the deluxe singles and Ransom is no exception. The combination of deep purple color with a slight blue sheen to it does amazing things for my green eyes. This IS my favorite purple shade, but I do have to say the reason I give this shadow a 4 and not a 5 is that I do notice some fall out and like another reviewer mentioned it is hard to use on the undereye without looking bruised.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInACasket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's very difficult to find a good purple eye shadow. This is one of my favorite eye shadows of all time because it's pretty much everything I want in an eye shadow- durable, extremely bright, goes on smoothly, makes my eye color pop, etc. I remember I wore it before I discovered UD's primer potion and even then it was extremely vibrant and durable (of course, now I wouldn't recommend wearing any eye shadow without a primer). One of my favorite looks is pairing Ransom with black and frosty purple to create a purple smoky eye. My only complaint is that there is a decent amount of fallout.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I said, "No" to repurchasing, it's only because it'll last me forever to finish this. Will I repurchase other shades from the Deluxe Eyeshadow collection? Yes! Packaging is very cute and unique. It definitely stands out in my make up tray. Consistency of this deluxe shadow is smooth and blendable. It's a vibrant purple with a blue sheen to it. Lovely color to use as a crease color or for an all over lower lid shade. Used with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, it pops the color more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous purple eyeshadow with an unusual blue sheen. I have to be careful using this under my eyes though, as it can make them look sort of bruised! Beautiful color, fun name, great packaging. I love Urban Decay. Would def recommend for friends who don't mind spending a little extra on good quality color products. Their foundations and concealors are crap though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I got this in my UD Deluxe Shadow Box. It looked sort of blue in the pan but when I swatched it, it was a gorgeous bright purple! Its definitely one of my favorites from the palette...I love wearing it on my lid with "Fishnet" in my crease to give it a glowy effect and Zero to smoke it out...perfect smokey eye! I wouldn't wear this colour every day or to work because its so bright but it is a great weekend or night time colour. As all Urban Decay shadows, its highly pigmented, lasts a long time and blends amazingly! If I ever run out...I would purchase another one because its a great unique purple to have in a makeup collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by BLoNdeGLaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful shade of purple I've ever seen in the makeup world! Ransom is a bold, vibrant and IMO electric purple. I'd like this to be more opaque than it is. The pigmentation is also not as good as some of UD's regular shadows that I own. This is a "weekend color", and definitely not one I'd wear to work on its own. Because I hardly ever reach for this, I keep it in its original package so I don't have the problem of the lid popping off that others have had. This is $18 ($1 more than regular UD shadows). I would not repurchase this because I simply don't use it enough, though it is a beautiful color and you'll definitely get noticed!! Just not the best Urban Decay product I've used.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by grasshanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, intense purple but it looks much more pigmented in the container than it actually does on my eyes. The lid to this eyeshadow constantly falls off which is annoying because the color gets everywhere. Bought this a year ago and still have most of it left. It is a lot of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by vayalios

Colours look great in the pan but I find the colour pay off really deceiving, even with primer. Colours are shimmery, more like a wash.. Find it hard to make them show on lid. I prefer regular Urban Decay Shadows (Show pony box, that I also own, has nothing to do with this one) . Colours are not dark enough for a smoky eye. I cannot understand peoples rave on this box.