MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 3/30/2015 11:21:00 PM

The only foundation I use and I've been using it for years. Long lasting and great finish. Use alone or over liquid foundation.

on 3/29/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation. I know plenty of people who use this just as a powder over liquid foundation but it provides enough coverage to be a full foundation and that's exactly what I use it for. I've never been a fan of the full coverage look especially because I have acne prone skin that clogs very easily--which this doesn't. I've also never been able to suitably wear liquid foundation because of my oily skin--it eventually just slides right off my face. I use Sephora's anti shine primer underneath this and it leaves my face with a matte finish that progressively becomes dewy within the first hour because of my oily skin--this doesn't look bad though! It doesn't get worse and just leaves a nice dewy finish in it's wake without me losing any coverage. This covers my acne scars and any redness I'm trying to hide. I do apply with my own brush and only use the sponge it comes with to press extra coverage under my eye after using concealer. Right now this is one of my favorite foundations and I'm sure I'll be coming back to it.

on 3/28/2015 4:38:00 AM

Holy grail powder! I have a really oily t zone so I go through loads of this stuff! Even though I powder a lot this product does actually last a long time so I don't have to repurchase too often! It is a little pricey but so worth it if you want flawless looking skin! This was the first high end powder I ever tried and I haven't looked else where since. Its honestly amazing! especially for oily skins!

on 3/25/2015 4:46:00 AM

I just love this powder! For the past 3 years I've been using only this cream.
Even for everyday use, if i don't want to use concealer, I just put a little powder and have a fresh look. A bit expensive but so worth the money!

on 3/24/2015 7:26:00 PM

I was excited to try this powder but was immediately disappointed when I found out t here was no NC10 shade...but I decided to get NW10 and hope for the best. Im definitely more on the yellow toned side than I am warm but being so pale, it wasn't TOO noticeable anyways...although I dont understand why there is no nc10 shade in this line, mac should realy think about making one!

The powder is really smooth and it does give a medium to full coverage look. It glides over my skin really easily and it hides my redness and smooths out my pores...

but after using it for a bit over a week I noticed major break outs. At first I just had one pop up and I didnt think too much of it..but evey day I kept getting more and more pimples coming up and I was so sad that it must have been this powder causing the break outs.

Pros
-medium/full coverage
-hides imperfections
-smooths out pores

cons
-caused major break outs
-limited shade range, especially for pale yellow toned skins.

on 3/23/2015 9:35:00 AM

NO NO NO. Even using bio oil as a moisturizer this dried out my skin horrendously, its gonna take a while to recover now, back to bare minerals i go.

on 3/14/2015 2:57:00 PM

Love this product as a setting powder for my foundation as you don't need to use much.
I just sweep this on lightly with a powder brush over my Estée lauder double wear foundation and it keeps my skin matte.

Only downfall is it is a quote expensive powder and many of my powders that's are 1/4 price are just as good

on 3/13/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I began looking for a full coverage powder foundation and I remember using this back in college (1990's) and loved it. It is still a great foundation. I use the sponge or RT buffing brush to apply and then use BE max concealer brush to hid any flaws. Spritz with toner and the final look is natural. I do use a primer to make it last longer on my oily skin. Never caused and breakouts or irritation.

This disagrees with my skin - I can be prone to an oily t-zone, or so I thought until I stopped using this product and switched to another brand - now I have gone back to this again and the oiliness appears after only a couple of hours' wear. It also seems to cause me to breakout. I was matched with N3 and this colour seems to be an exact match but even so has a tendency to look a bit mask like upon application. It has good medium coverage which you can build up if necessary - but I've found that too much looks pancakey and dry... until it starts to melt and go patchy with the oiliness, that is - especially around my nose. The powder feels nice and fine in the compact, but there is nothing dewey about it on the skin. The amount of product supplied is generous and lasts quite a while.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ok so I used to use MAC years ago before I knew enough about makeup to develop my own preferences. I just ran out of my favorite powder foundation and I got stuck with a MAC store credit so I figured I'd use it on this. So far, not impressed, but I haven't had a chance to play around with my own brushes and moisturizers and primers. I'll update this review but I just want to have a record so I remember what to compare it to, lol.

First reaction: this smells awful. SA matched me to NC20 when I always wore NC40 in the past. I figured I've never tried this specific product so I figured I'd try something lighter than normal, maybe this product runs darker than whatever I used to use? I ended up with NC30.

It's been less than an hour and my face itches. It looked really cakey and unnatural and too powdery so I put some moisturizer on top of it just to see what happened. It looks better, kinda dewey, more natural. I don't dislike it but it's definitely different than what I normally wear.