MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 8/24/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Japan when I was on vacation there, and needed to spend a little more to get a bonus item.

This is WONDERFUL coverage. I do have oily skin, with moderate acne that was aggravated by dirty water and air in southeast Asia. It was so helpful in stopping me feeling self conscious every time I stepped out in Asia. The staying power, unfortunately, is rather low by itself. It definitely requires a primer or some kind of setting spray or powder.

The worse thing, even though I absolutely love the coverage: this breaks me out with whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples, and later, if I persist in using it, cysts. I changed my skincare routine just so I could continue using this, but nada.

I haven't thrown it away because I am hoping that in the future I can use it. Or maybe for special occasions.

on 8/21/2015 10:06:00 AM

My skin is very very very oily and this is the only foundation i've tried that somewhat controls the oil. Without primer, I still have to blot after 3-4 hours but it's better than anything else.
It doesn't look cakey, but i do use it quite lightly using a kabuki brush. Probably will look cakey if used with the provided sponge as it picks up way more than a brush would.
Doesn't break me out.
Price is getting more and more expensive here in asia but it last more than a year for me when used every working day.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product! It's totally amazing! I really needed a powder foundation, since I don't really like liquid foundation and this did the job for me! It's so good,I'm absolutely in love with it! They give it with a sponge, but I prefer to use it with the Mac 193 foundation brush ( I was guided by a lovely lady at the Mac store) and it is really good! A nice texture and not too powdery. I use the shade NC41. And tje packing is fabulous! It comes with a mirror and a compartment for the sponge(below the powder) Totally worth the price!!

on 8/17/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this made me break out into large bumps on my face

on 8/11/2015 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This broke me out SO bad. I have never experienced break outs like I have had from this, if you are acne prone at all do not go near it.

on 8/10/2015 7:19:00 PM

Holds makeup in place all day but can look very Cakey if used heavily over foundation. I know this is supposed to be a powder foundation but I use as a setting powder as it doesn't have enough coverage. Lasts forever too so very good vslue!

on 8/10/2015 6:28:00 PM

PLEASE BEWARE IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN OR SENSITIVE SKIN STAY AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION AND BRAND.

I started breaking out REALLY BAD at the moment i was using estee lauder double wear foundation and mineral powder. I ran out of powder and was to lazy to go purchase another one because my sister purchased a brand new mac studio fix that she did not touch yet.
I used mac in high school and of course, it broke me out. But i used the liquid and thought maybe the powder was different.

I fell in LOVE WITH IT. It gives you that perfect "mac" look. Like when you see the girls that work at mac with flawless skin it gives you that effect. Its good on coverage as well. I loved it. I started using it for about three weeks and on the third week i noticed that i was getting alot of clogged pores ( the ones that are bumpy but skin colored) as well as alot of red dots and pimples on my neck. At this moment it wasnt too bad yet but i didnt think anything of it because it didnt look TOO BAD. I thought it might just be a few pimples because of my period.

Until recently three days ago my NECK is FILLED WITH ACNE. Literally, it is so gross. I have probably over a hundred pimples on my whole neck. Just imagine a whole bunch of red acne with alot of them with white heads. I am so depressed because of this. The reason i KNOW that its the MAC is because i have NEVER broke out on my neck like this EVER. I have done nothing differently to my skin no changes. The ONLY changes is that with this MAC since it didnt match my neck i have to blend it all the way down to my neck. The places that i had blended it in with are the exact places i now have acne at. I literally have to hide my neck and i just dont know what to do at this point. When i wore the estee lauder i never had to blend it to my neck because the colors matched but when i did i never ever broke out from it.

Please stay away from this. Estee lauder double wear is the ultimate best foundation out there. Its good on coverage and didnt break me out. Its pricery but you get what u pay for and it lasts a long time. It hides all of my acne scars.

on 8/7/2015 5:30:00 PM

This powder is perfect. I like to use this stuff alot since I change up my make up allot.

on 8/6/2015 7:26:00 PM

This powder is great, lovely texture, blends beautifully, gives good, builable coverage without being too heavy or "cakey" on the face! I am horrendously pale so was delighted to find that it came in a shade ghostly enough for my skin, I use the shade NW15-could do with a little lighter but as I use it as a setting powder it's fab! I use it with the studio fix fluid foundation to set my foundation, add a little coverage and keep the shine at bay during the day. I have oily skin and acne, it does the job perfectly! Lovely finish!

on 8/5/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As we all know mac is creme of the crop but this foundation is amazing! No caking at all and makes my skin look fabulous!