October 25, 2014 | 1867 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Sueleen

When I first wore this, I had to take it right off because it felt way too cakey on my skin but after I gave it another try, I realised it was just the new foundation I was trying out. This is such an amazing powder and gives light to medium coverage. I use it on top of my foundation or concealer when I'm having a bad skin day as it's in my skin colour. Overall, it's a great product! Really does control the shine on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by silurian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has fantastic coverage for a powder foundation, and is also very long wearing and stays matte (nose on a hot day requires a touch up, but nowhere else does). There's a great range of colours and it doesn't oxidise at all. I have fairly extreme combination skin with an oily T zone but quite dry cheeks. If I apply this heavily for full coverage, it does settle into fine lines a bit, but otherwise isn't particularly drying and doesn't accentuate drier patches. Only problem is breakouts - not just in the t-zone but also on my cheeks. The rest of the finish is so good that I still wear it, but I wish they'd replace whatever ingredient clogs pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Meercedes

I have oily skin and this makes my skin look and feel so smooth while setting my makeup in place all day long

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by saffie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely perfect powder...I have repurchased this twice. On top of a liquid foundation, it gives a beautiful flawless finish- it is marketed as a powder foundation but don't be afraid of using it lightly over liquid foundation if you like a perfect finish as it's not cakey! I am one of those people whose make up seems to just fade away throughout the day and since finding this product last year I look fresh for so much longer. My skin is normal-combo so you don't have to be super oily to enjoy this product. Absolutely holy grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by pfoe

This is my favorite powder foundation of all time. Omg. I feel like you dont use this alone though, you put it on top of another liquid foundation for the perfect amazing finish. I have pretty bad skin, and I usually dont look good, but this covers it all up and I dont look like a freaking just painted over all my pimples with paint. It looks good and flawless and lasts for hours, I dont need to reput this on at all throughout the day. Its not that expensive considering how good it is, and I would buy this again and again, I hope MAC never stops selling this. The packaging is also very great, easy to just have in your bag. I use whipped creme foundation from Max Factor, suprisingy, under, and they work great together. I use the MAC 130 brush to put the liquid foundation on. This is like a concealer and foundation in one, love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ProductReviewer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

They no longer make this in C-1 or N-1, but it doesn't matter anyway, the product makes the skin look dead & flat. My father's exact words were 'you don't look like yourself'. I have very young looking, glowing, smooth skin & this product just covered all that up. It was terrible. I washed it off & looked 10 years younger. I don't wear foundation 99% of the time, so it wasn't really a big deal that this stuff didn't work.

Most of the colors were hideous, like clown colors. C-1 & N-1 were those hard to come by, highly coveted, super pale colors that light skinned women search high & low for. And they stopped making them. C-2 & N-2 are too dark for those with light skin, way too much yellow & pink, respectively. And forget about the rest of the colors if you have light skin - the rest of the colors are too dark...NC-1, NC-2, NW-1, NW-2...all terribly over run with pink, orange. It's good that MAC makes colors for the main stream, but they need to make colors for women with light skin too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Katzie105

LOVE. <3

Honestly, I can't say enough great things about this powder. I do first off, have to make a comment in regards to the person saying that if you have acne prone skin, it will make it worse. I have to say that beyond any shadow of a doubt, this product will NOT make acne worse.

For reference I have terrible skin. It's combination, prone to excessive sebum clogs, if the wind so much as blows the wrong way I will break out. I am sensitive to just about EVERYTHING. Shoddy ingredients, fragrance... I have such a hard time trying new cosmetics because 9/10 times it will cause me to break out with cysts.

There are only a handful of cosmetics and types of makeup I can use that my skin will accept, and THIS POWDER is one of those items. I had initially been sad about the price. (Let's be real. $30 for a small compact powder isn't my idea of a great time when I live alone in NYC.) I used up my first compact (NC25) and I went to Sephora and tried their Sephora line of compact powders. I LOVED the way those worked. Great coverage, idential to MAC in that regard. However I was noticing tons of clogged pores along my jaw line and on my cheeks, my forehead broke out like a mad person. I slowly weeded products out and attributed it to the Sephora powder makeup.

I've since stopped using it and have gone back to MAC Studio Fix powder and my skin is slowly calming down.

Great coverage, no negative reaction. And if MY face doesn't break out from this, yours most certainly will not either.

Lasting power is great. I will put this on around 8am and my skin will still be matte, shine free, and with even skin tone until 6pm. I use Eucerin face lotion then E.L.F. face primer followed by a Sephora foundation stick, I will then stipple the Studio Fix on my face with a large powder brush.

I don't have any issue with transfter, wiping it off, or having it melt off or look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by justjennieereviewingg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My go to powder, love the coverage and controls my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Mimiyu23

This powder have been in my life sinced my 1st yr colleged years. Its great for my oily combination skin and leaves a beautiful matte finish with exelent coverage. You can also use it wet but i, prefer to use it dry for everyday touch ups. Im in the shade nc25. (I never leave the house without it.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by rebeccarkane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never been a fan of powder ANYTHING - I have very pale skin, and powders always made me look even chalkier. But I needed a finishing powder to put on top of my BB cream so I went into MAC and picked up MSFN and loved it, so I decided to try Studio Fix because it was cheaper and promised full coverage and a matte finish.

Oh. My. Gosh.

As soon as I applied it I fell in love. Amazing coverage, beautiful matte finish, lasts for about 6 hours if used with a primer, and I will be trying it with Fix + to see if it will last longer with that. It looks great in pictures and in any type of light. Feels great on the skin - it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything at all, and your skin breathes through it. The colour range is amazing - I am NC15, so I am very pale, and this works perfectly for me. I don't need concealer or any other coverage product - just primer and Studio Fix and my face is perfect.

The price isn't bad, per se. I've been using it for two and a half months, almost every single day, and I think I have another couple weeks left of use. For $32 CAD, it's not too bad, but I think it should be a little cheaper. It is inexpensive as far as high end foundations go.