July 31, 2014 | 1933 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by zouie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder so far! I use this to set my foundation and it sets it and covers up very well and does not make foundation look cakey, just creates that absoluely flawless finish. I'd recommend it 99% ( still believe that one day I find that 100% astonishingly perfect powder).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Kaitlynsamuel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I've moved to Texas I've stayed away from any powdered foundations. These past four months I've seen my skin transform and I basically didn't have to wear anything on my skin. Now, just a couple days ago I found myself in the MAC store because my friend was looking to buy some stuff.. And of course I got lured into buying this product because yes when she applied it it looked great and lasted me all day. What I did like about this powder was that it looked so natural. Tried it out the next day and now here I am with breakouts. I should have listened to many of my friends and should have stayed away from this product! No bueno! If you have acne prone skin stay awayyyyyy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Chinklesliee

This is great, it's not like other powders that make your face look caked up. It looks really natural and it's good to cover up any scars or acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by 4121998

Recently the idea of liquid foundation turns my stomach, the thickness and stickiness I get from them masks everything and doesn't let my skin BREATHE! I was looking for a substitute that would be less Heavy and just give a more natural finish. I had previously been using my MAC studio fix powder plus foundation to set the liquid foundation already on my face, and I thought one day as the studio fix is so pigmented already it only makes sense to use it as foundation on its own? To some of you that may seem obvious considering it is called a foundation but I had usually only seen it being used as a setting powder. But Oh Em Geee this is literally so amazing on its own, my foundation routines used to take FOREVER but now a few swipes of this and my face looks glowing. At first your face will look powdery and your gonna think are you serious is this it? But just let is set into your skin and let the natural oils in your skin soften it so you get an even complexion and natural glow after wearing it for a while. I wouldn't advise this for dry skin as it wouldn't really soak into your skin but if you used a setting spray that could give it some moisture to work with. I personally don't need much coverage as my skin,I suppose is clear enough, but you still could cover a lot of imperfections with just a few more swipes! I cannot tell you enough how much I LOVE this, the price is very good I think considering it's really pigmented and I use it every other day and it doesn't appear to be hollowing in the pan :) AND this lasts quite well, id say a good 6 hours before I need to powder again, seeing as it's humid summer weather at the moment, and it's no problem applying more powder as it doesn't cake and it looks matte again. I would advise using a thick kabuki brush to apply this to really buff it in. I'm in makeup love with this powder! My holy grail foundation! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love my MAC Studio Fix. It blends beautifully and the powder foundation just feels incredible. I haven't broken out once and I have been using this for more than 3 years. I have light to medium skintone with yellow undertones. I got mine in the shade NC35 which might seem dark compared to other NC35 shades, but I assure you it's not. It looks more like an NC25 to me...compared to my other pressed powders. I really love this powder foundation. It's my go to, in a rush makeup. If I don't want to go through the whole process of liquid foundation and blending it out with my beauty blender, then setting that with a powder..etc etc..I just grab this studio fix and blend it out with my dense brush and I'm good to go. Hands down worth every penny. I will continue to purchase this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Nicoleev

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got matched and I was really surprised that I'm actually much lighter on my face than the rest of my body, but it actually doesn't look that bad because the powder doesn't look cakey at all on my face, and quite natural. Like I haven't got bad skin, so it didn't make my face worse, like I have read some of the other reviews and seen that it clogs their pores up. But if you don't have acne prone skin, this foundation works great! Love it but a bit pricey...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by lam4242

So I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. I have used this powder in NW 20 since 2009 and have never found anything that even compares to how great it is. One thing that I loved so much about it was that it never appeared "powdery" or sat on the top of your skin like baby powder (i.e., there was hardly any talc in the product, unlike most drug store brands which use predominantly talc in their powder foundations). However, in the most recent NW 20 that I purchased (about December 2013), the formula was completely different. The color is not only lighter, but there is much more talc in the product. It sits on top of my skin, it does not blend well with my blush or bronzer and it is fairly drying. I have small amounts of my old NW 20 power and have done a side-by-side comparison and they are clearly different. Has anyone else who uses NW 20 noticed this?? I'm so sad because I love this product but what I purchased is not at all worth the money- I sincerely hope they change back to their old formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by jthoffman

This is my favorite product that I own. It goes on so easy and lasts forever. I can put a little on before class when im crunched for time and it always comes out great!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by laurasoleng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite powder. I love it. I use it over my foundation. it is always in my bag, great for touch ups during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

hands down my favorite makeup product

even though the powder is now a little too dark for my skin tone it still looks beautiful over my foundation as a setting powder :)

the only con I have with this is that you can't really use it as a foundation unless you have really good skin or else it looks cakey :(