September 1, 2014 | 2219 users online

Eyeliner - Becca - Capri line and illuminate pencil

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kismis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got Capri in a swap and it's straight-up ebon black that is always a good simple colour to have around. It has sparkly silver glitter on the other end that I wouldn't recommend wearing alone cos' it's too glittery and doesn't really show up as any colour but would be fall-out city. The silver sparkle dresses the black liner up when you draw it on top of the matte black colour.

The black liner is TOO creamy cos' unfortunately, the line of colour transfers further up my lid through the day! :(
And I don't have oily lids and never really have had that happen to me before, even with liquid liners. I tried closing my eyes for awhile after application to ensure it dries, but nope, it stays creamy through the day and still ends up further up my eye lid.

Maybe I'll take the below reviewer's suggestion and use it as a smudge smokey e/s? It IS very soft and easy to work with, I agree (hence 3 lippies, if not just 2, taking into account the hefty price)
UPDATE: But so soft that makes it difficult to sharpen! It keeps breaking resulting in unnecessary product wastage.

Really like the idea of this nifty 2-in-1 eyeliner though and do love the handy size packaging too. But just not worth the extremely high price tag. (about S$59 for a pencil?!?! AU$48. MAD expensive!). Won't repurchase but wouldn't mind giving the other colours a shot through a swap maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lenkaaa

out of the 3 i got this is my 2nd fave...it is a grayish black on one side and silver with glitter on the other...the black is nothing special except that it is soo creamy as compared to my other pencil liners...the silver i was scared of at first b/c of the glitter but i used it over the black and the glitter stayed put all day..both sides are super pigmented and sooooo smooth! got it at the sale but would repurchase at full price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

I bought this eyeliner at a local boutique about two weeks ago and absolutely love it. Take it from someone who rarely wears eyeliner b/c it is always so complicated to get that line just right. This is a wonderful liner mainly due to how easy it is to use. It can literally take me less than two minutes to line both eyes. The charcoal gray is soft enough to be worn during the day and then you can dress it up with the dual ended glitter side for at night. How perfect. The two shades compliment eachother so well. Would definitely suggest for anyone who is intimidated by lining their eyes-this is so easy. It has become something I wear to work almost everyday.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Becca's line and illuminate pencils. For lazy people like myself they are a super fast way to line your eye, highlight, perk up the inner courner of the eye and even a quick cream shadow job that wears superingly well. The latest ones are from their Fall collection (I think it's our summer but who knows with them now), Madagascar (russet with yellow gold with gold glitter) and Capri. Capri was the one I almost totally passed on based on online descriptions but I thought what the hell and bought it anyway. Too my surprise I think I like it the best of the two. The liner is a very practical and pretty soft charcoal gray and the illuminate end is platnum with silver glitter. It's very basic but the glittery highlighting part is a total standout. I think this is the perfect party liner and I know during the holidays this will go into heavy rotation. The silver glitter is sparkly but small enough not to be OTT. It's a great way to do a smokey party eye, just use the charcoal on the lid, platnum from crease to brow and blend. You can go back and add a bit of each to line. It also looks fantastic layered over each other. I hope to see more line and illuminates in the future from Becca.