July 25, 2014 | 1911 users online

Cleansers - MD Formulations - Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by jagorkarinte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this product for my acne prone skin. In conjunction with Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid hydrating gel and it SAVED my skin. I have almost no acne (and I used to have at least 3 horrible cysts on every cheek at all times) and the old scars are fading. However, I feel like Jan Marini Bioglycolic cleanser works slightly better for me, so that's why I decided to give it a 4 rather than a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sesamine

I really like this cleanser and ive used it in and off for several years. Sometimes I think its too expensive but I always return. I wet my face and lightly towel dry it before i apply a small amount of the wash on the almost dry face. I rub/massage it around and leave it on to work for a couple of mins before I rinse it off. I find that blackheads are less visable and that my skin absorbs my moisturizer better afterwards! Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by vic2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this cleanser. It's good and I don't regret buying it. I have dry skin, so I don't use every day, but when my skin needs a deep cleanse, I slap it on, let it sit for a few minutes like a mask, then add on a bit of water + clarisonic, and I am left with very clean skin. To make the skin beautiful then I cleanse again with another , softer cleanser and bamm..beautiful skin.
It's a good cleanser to have in one's arsenal, but personally I wouldn't use it every day ( way too many other to use...) as I prefer foaming cleansers with my Tosowoong, and this doesn't foam.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you have dull flaky skin with dead skin build up or oily skin, you will love this. This is the only product that has significantly reduced my dry flakes (especially around my nose), and I would describe this as a special treatment cleanser/light exfoliant. I actually use this as an alternative to scrubs or aha/bha exfoliants as I find them too harsh for my sensitive skin and makes it even more dry and flaky.

I've been using this cleanser for over 10 years, just in the morning. To use, I first dampen my skin by lightly patting it with water and then message a small amount of this gel/cream cleanser into my skin for at least 20 seconds or so before rinsing it off. It leaves my skin so soft and clean, and does not feel tight or stripped afterwards. Its pricey but last ages as you only need a small amount.

If you are thinking of using this at night, its important to wash your make up off completely first, as this cleanser is useless for washing make up off. Its too gentle and does not foam at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not my everyday cleanser, but good when you need a transitional deep clean. I got this because I love the continuous renewal complex and Vit A Plus night recovery, but I am not super impressed by this cleanser. It's just a cleanser. Doesn't dry out my skin though, which is great and cannot be said for most active cleansers. I guess my expectations were just too high, since the other MDF products I've tried have made my skin look 1000 times better than before.

I should add that I don't suffer from blackheads or large pores, so if that's what it's really for, that might be the reason I am not overly impressed. No rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Swiss1

Been using this for 20 years. I recently tried other cleansers because I have sensitive combo skin which is getting a bit drier and the blackheads and outbreaks never 100% clear up - however none of the cleansers I tried (including Lancome, clinique etc) compares to this for me. (I also tried the sensitive skin version and did not really see much difference.).

I find this cleanser works best if you follow massage it first into dry skin before adding water. If my skin is suffering a bit too much from blackheads or outbreaks I leave the cleanser on my skin a couple of minute before adding water. When my skin is red and sensitive I wet my skin first before applying the cleanser.

Although the range does not include a toner, I find water quite drying so I finish with a very mild toner, which I also find reduces the outbreaks (I like nuxe rose petal toner).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Pikushiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my cleanser for years now. Abselutely love it. I've got dry skin, and I also get a lot of impurities and spots. Very annoying! Either way, I started using this and it helped a lot. It just makes my skin overall more radiant and clear. It's the only thing I use for my skin :) As soon as I tried changing (even to other good brands - like Dermalogica) I start breaking out again and get uneven skin color. I would recomend this to anyone who struggles with spots or uneven skin tone! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by nyp

I used to use MD Forumation skin care products, I used to have MD Formulation skin facials monthly and my skin used to break out so badly. My acne would be bright red, I was covered in superficial scars. (The beautician would always make excuses, blaming it all on my skin).

I started using Simple and it saved my skin. I decided to use this cleanser again after my skin cleared up and this cleanser started to agree with my skin.

I apply it to my skin (whilst dry). Massage it with a bit of warm water to make it thicker then I use a warm/hot flannel over my face to open the pores and to gently rub it off, then I rinse it off with warm water. Finally I splash cold water on my face.

I don't use any other MD Formulation products anymore.

People with sensitive skin will find this will irritate their skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Kaylaxs

Amazing cleanser. And for the people saying how expensive it is, it actually isnt at all. I got this for $5.00 on ebay!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate that I LOVE this product....It is so expensive, but I justify it by saying that I am caring for my skin at the basic level rather than splurging on expensive foundation that only disguises problem skin rather than addressing it, which is what this does.
Mine was $92 NZD from a shop here but you may find it cheaper to purchase online.
I have acne prone skin that tends to be dry and oily on different areas of my face (generally dry areas are where I have attacked my acne with drying acne products). I also wear a lot of make up so I actually have lots of little bumps (not pimples, but skin colored) protrusions that show through my make up. I have been using this for a week, and unlike most cleansers that either clean too well (leaving skin dry) or not cleaning enough (making skin too oily/dirty feeling), this doesn't give either feeling, which is surprising as it also acts as an exfoliant with glycolic compound as one of its main ingredients.

After a week of use, it has not flared up my acne (somehow my acne seems less angry, but I am reluctant to say that this has much to do with it). My non-pimple bumps under the skin have reduced in size and number. Also my skin feels super soft... Try applying to one half of the face and see what I mean.

For those reviewers who haven't been taken with this product, you are probably doing something wrong... Take your make up off first and then using your fingers apply on dry skin...Leave for 2 minutes and then rinse off using either water or sponge (I prefer my dermalogica "the cloth"). After cleansing, I apply my priori eye cream and avst moisturiser...Both of which I highly recommend.
Packaging is not that great, I prefer pump dispenser rather than pour but oh well!!