Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - All Colors

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is terrible, it takes 3 coats to get a moderately even coverage. Following that it takes about 6 hours to dry. I put mine on last night waited a couple of hours before going to bed and woke up with the polish all uneven and dented. This is true of both the colours I brought. Bit disappointed and glad I got them on sale.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

These are so affordable, and come in really great colors! However, to me they seemed very runny in comparison to other nail polishes, I needed to be more careful to keep it from applying unevenly or spilling to other areas. It also stained my nails worse than any other polish has when I first tried it on just to experiment, the color was difficult to remove - so a base coat is a must with this, imho! But wearing them with a base and top coat, these polishes don't chip from my toes at all before I remove them in 2-3 weeks.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got one of the electric summer collection recently, it was reduced from $6.95 to $3 AUD. The shade I picked is called wet suit and I love it SO much. It's a pastel blue, when I look at it, it seems kind of bright, but I don't think it's bright enough to be a neon pastel. I'm not very familiar with neon pastels and I don't own any so I'm not sure. Ether way it is a beautiful colour. It's takes two coats to be opaque. I know some people have a problem with two coat polishes, but honestly I think that's just being way too fussy. I thought the formula was a little runny and that kind of makes it harder to use, it's not really a big deal though. I love the xtreme wear polishes. I've loved every one I've bought so far and I'll defiantly be getting more. I've heard that the reformulated version of pacific blue is pretty bad, but I can't say because I only have the original pacific blue which is AMAZING.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Eh, these are okay, but definitely not the best you can get at a drugstore. The color selection is nice, especially for brights. I had such a hard time applying this, though! I paint my nails very regularly and rarely have a problem. This formula was simultaneously super thick AND super runny, so it flooded my cuticles and came out oddly lumpy in places (I've never had this problem with another polish). I bought this as a cute color I could apply quickly, and the amount of cleanup I had to do kept it from serving that purpose. The color I used -- Pink Punk -- also was not completely opaque after 2 (very generous) coats, and while it looks nice and glossy with my go-to Seche Vite topcoat, it was actually pretty dull on its own. The dry time was also WAY longer than expected.

Packaging-wise, I'm not sure whether it was the aforementioned formula or the thick brush (it did seem very thick to me, and I have wide nails, but I'm not sure) but again, it was a very messy application.

Overall, this isn't the worst polish I've used, but I definitely will stick to the rest of the Sally Hansen options. For a cheapie, I much prefer Sinful Colors.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Every time I go to the beauty section at Walmart I check to see which colors they have available. This is my go to Polish when I'm in a hurry because usually one coat gives excellent coverage. I actually just picked up a nice pastel blue today and can't wait to do my toes! I'm not a nail polish junkie but I tend to pick up an OPI or venique when they release new colors and I really think the 2 Sally hansens I own outperform every one of my OPI's, with the exception of color options available.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This was the thickest, gooiest, most disgusting polish I've ever used. I couldn't get a full coat on and removal was a nightmare. It rolled off like latex and got a sticky mess all over my hands.

These nail polishes are a really good bargain. They are one of the cheapest available, at Walmart they about $2.50 and they sometimes have them on sale 2 for $4. There's a good range of colours, there are lots of trendy colours along with the basic ones.
The colour goes on evenly and looks nice and bold with just one coat. The packaging is pretty ordinary with an easy to use brush. With a clear topcoat on, they don't chip for at least a few days on me, and I have not yet used a brand that lasts much longer. Overall, they are not as good as the Essie nail polishes, but for the price I would not expect that. I do think that they perform better or just as well as the more expensive ones from Sally Hansen. I much prefer these to Complete Salon Manicure, which were three times as expensive and did not work well for me at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear clear polish is my HG clear/top coat! I paint my nails once a week, and this polish keeps my nail color looking fantastic. I'm not very brand loyal when it comes to choosing an actual nail color - I usually stick with OPI, Essie, Sally Hansen or L'oreal/Revlon, but I ALWAYS use the Xtreme wear clear top coat! My nails are still (mostly) glossy and chip free by the end of the week.

I wish I loved this. The color, Violet Voltage, is beautiful — an iridescent violet, like an amped up Essie Play Date. But it's SO gloppy and thick. It gobs up the bottle neck, the brush, etc. it's going directly in the trash so I'm not tempted to try it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes for years now, and they've always been a hit, save a couple off colors that either didn't suit me or had a weird consistency.
I currently own six or seven of them and I really enjoy them all. My four favorites of all time are Violet Voltage (my new love and it's very on-trend with Pantone's color of the year Radiant Orchid), Blue Me Away, Coral Reef, and Red Carpet (which is stunning over a dark red base). The colors are amazingly opaque, and the wear time really is quite good.
The packaging is pretty standard in my opinion. Nothing to scream about, but perfectly functional, and the price is a no-brainer. For under $3 USD, you can get a great polish whose performance outshines some polishes that go for three times as much.
They aren't as wonderful as my beloved China Glaze lacquers, but they are a great pick for bright, long-lasting nails.
My only gripes are the color selection (it's quite limited to only good brights and metallics, but not much in the way of vampy or sexy shades) and the fact that they do get goopy rather quickly. It's easy to use some thinner to fix this, and they are cheap enough that having to replace them frequently isn't a huge issue, but it's still a minor flaw. And they do take quite a while to dry, so be prepared to do nothing with your hands for several minutes, haha!
Those three very minor issues aside, I'd say these polishes are a win! I'm wearing Violet Voltage right now (which is hilarious, because I'm wearing Milani's Violet Volt on my lips and I feel quite matchy) and I just love how Springy and happy the color is!