April 20, 2014 | 1637 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - All Colors

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes for years now, and they've always been a hit, save a couple off colors that either didn't suit me or had a weird consistency.
I currently own six or seven of them and I really enjoy them all. My four favorites of all time are Violet Voltage (my new love and it's very on-trend with Pantone's color of the year Radiant Orchid), Blue Me Away, Coral Reef, and Red Carpet (which is stunning over a dark red base). The colors are amazingly opaque, and the wear time really is quite good.
The packaging is pretty standard in my opinion. Nothing to scream about, but perfectly functional, and the price is a no-brainer. For under $3 USD, you can get a great polish whose performance outshines some polishes that go for three times as much.
They aren't as wonderful as my beloved China Glaze lacquers, but they are a great pick for bright, long-lasting nails.
My only gripes are the color selection (it's quite limited to only good brights and metallics, but not much in the way of vampy or sexy shades) and the fact that they do get goopy rather quickly. It's easy to use some thinner to fix this, and they are cheap enough that having to replace them frequently isn't a huge issue, but it's still a minor flaw. And they do take quite a while to dry, so be prepared to do nothing with your hands for several minutes, haha!
Those three very minor issues aside, I'd say these polishes are a win! I'm wearing Violet Voltage right now (which is hilarious, because I'm wearing Milani's Violet Volt on my lips and I feel quite matchy) and I just love how Springy and happy the color is!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by gabbyy3789

I own about 12 of the sally hansen xtreme wears and I haven't had a problem with any of them. Most go on opaque in 2 coats and last about a week. The color options are really pretty and on trend. And they're only $2.50 each so you can get a bunch without paying a lot

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by SarahPifeyy

I just dicovered these nail polishes and I love them! The only bad thing I have to say is the drying time takes forever. I have the colors Coral reef, breezy blue, mint sorbet, sun kissed, blue me away and my absolute favorite 420 pacific blue! :) I think they are worth a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a nail polish junkie so obviously I've tried my fair share of Sally Hansen products and I can honestly say, I really hate them all! However, the front runner in my list of hated products by this brand are the Xtreme wear nail polishes. I own two colors, White Out and Cherry Red I believe the names are, but both are just...horrifying. The bottles SUCK. The top is a slippery material, which I hate in general because if you get any product whatsoever on the neck of the bottle, it'll be impossible to open next time around and the brush/applicator is strangely long so I don't feel like I can get a good handle on it.

The product inside is equally as horrible, it's so gloopy and thick, it doesn't sit right on the nail and it gobs up near the cuticles. Not to mention it takes foreeeeever to dry, even with a fast drying top coat.

Seriously theeee WORST nail polish I have ever tried. Ever. Well, after the insta-dri nail polishes of course.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I usually wear darker colours, and these definitely have a good crop for picking out of! At walmart, they're about $3, and last about a week on their own. AMAZING

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Mimichat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As a nail polish addict, those are my favourites ones from the drugstore (essie included). Great quality, good brush, totally opaque, quite good lasting and the price is sure the best part! They are always on sale and cost like 3 bucks (I don't feel the need to pay more than 10 for a nail polish when quite great ones can be found at the drugstore)! Amazing products! Would recommend it to everyone for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

good product, but shitty colors. i got the sunkissed (orange) one and i didn't find it too attractive. dry time is fast and formula is thin and lovely. if you happen to like the colors - go ahead and buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lovelovelilacs

By far my favourite brand of nail polish. There are so many colours to choose from and at about $2 a bottle, you can afford to get as many as you like! The formula for the majority of the colours I have are great and they dry fairly quickly. They don't chip easily which is another reason why I love these so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by HeatherRV

I love this product!.. Only when I buy a new bottle.
Pros: Nice range of colours, cheap, great with water marble, dosn't streak
Cons: Takes FOREVER to dry, it takes about 4 hours until you can actually do things, if you don't use a bottle in about 1 week, then the liquid inside becomes very GOOPY AND IT'S SO ANNOYING TO WORK WITH!!!!
I own 12 different bottles! And I would say that more than half of them are already goopy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Femmeboi

I must say, I think Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear is the best cheap drugstore nail polish on the market. For $2, you get to choose from adorable colors and the formula is surprisingly resistant to chipping. However, with certain colors I have had problems with the polish becoming clumpy over time, and I couldn't rescue them, even with adding acetone. I have tried 5 different colors from this line:

1) Celeb City- my best friend recommended this absolutely gorgeous opaque silver foil to me, and it's been my go-to silver, ever since. It looks magnificent on finger and toe nails. It goes on smoothly and STAYS on your nail. I have found this color to be particularly enduring, lasting me throughout the entire week with minimal chipping.

2) Blue Me Away- This is a punchy, pop-art-like, almost electric light blue that stands out without being too neon or crazy. It has a stunning, glossy sheen. I haven't had any trouble with this clumping or applying too thick.

3) Disco Ball- After trying the previous two colors and being very impressed, I decided to give this line a shot for a clear white glitter topcoat to layer over simple glossed shades and add some sparkle to my manicure. Disco Ball worked well maybe the first two times I applied it. After that, the polish became a thick, goopy, gel-like mess in the bottle. Even adding acetone couldn't save this one! I had to throw it out.

4) Golden I- Being such a big fan of Celeb City, I had to give this one a try, and I am definitely satisfied. This shade is exactly what I was looking for, a gold version of Celeb City. It's more of a cool shade of gold, almost a bit bronze-looking.

5) Coral Reef- I was expecting a formula similar to Blue Me Away, but this is slightly too sheer and a bit clumpy when you try to apply a second coat to make it opaque. The color and finish are adorable, but sadly, I found the formula is subpar on this one.

Overall, this line is great and the price is right for trying out new nail colors. I would stick to the metallics and gloss colors and steer clear of the glitters.