November 26, 2014 | 1573 users online

Liquid - Ettusais - Flat Design Liquid AC Control Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Beelian

Long story short:
Pros:
1. Nice coverage, light weight and not heavy
2. colour match is good (I'm medium skin tone, leaning toward tanned, asian, I'm wearing OC30)
3. easy to bring around as it's not heavy in glass bottle

Con:
1. Not very effective with oil-control but it's ok with me since foundation that is too dry accentuates my pores.

Strange fact:
- May react with certain blushers and cause zits (e.g. Estee Lauder)
I don't have problem with zits when I wear Estee Lauder blusher with my sun block but will have zits with the foundation. But no issue when used with Shiseido blusher for example. I have experimented a few times and results have always been as above...??? Weird.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kailingggg

I am just horribly disappointed in this product and its not the cheapest thing in the world. I got super oily in about 2 hours although i've set it with powder. I gave it many tries, using different primers, setting sprays to make it work for me since it cost around 48SGD here in Singapore, but still it doesn't improve.

The colour is really yellow but its fine once you've blend in it. Coverage wise, not the best. Its very light. If you have alot of scarring and sun spots, it will not cover them.

For me, it is a total waste of money. Revlon's Colorstay works so much better than this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by delicatepost

It's a liquid applied and stays on the skin and dries as a powder.. I really love this foundation.. I use a shade darker than the lightest one as that will come out too yellow.. honestly this is such a quick foundation to apply.. I use a sponge that it comes with and it just applies so quickly with no flaws.. good coverage and it's all too easy.. no fuss. I love it.. been bottles of it for 2 years for my matte look.. it's not dewy but I have other foundations for different looks... anyways,, I recommend this for anyone who are basic on foundation.. it's fool proof for application.. I never get it wrong with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It was too drying for my sensitive acne prone combination skin and I couldn't tell if it broke me out or not. If it did though, it wasn't the hugeass painful under-the-skin cysts I sometimes get so it's already better than millions of foundations out there :) coverage is FULL this stuff is concentrated! Perfect for acne or acne scars. Added spf is good, and texture is semi-mat but leaning towards mat cause i think this is for oily skin. Bottle is AWESOME, i always carry around my foundation when I go out because i need to touchup throughout the day. This makeup also stays quite well, I was pretty impressed about that.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by yu3mi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

unlike the Ettusais makeup remover and soap bar, this was a huge disappointment to me........my skin doesn't like it~!

coverage light to medium.....too yellow on me

Even with its Ettusais makeup remover, it can't be removed properly with double cleansing. I need to triple cleansing and a swipe of toner to totally remove it....this irritated my acne-now sensitive skin........

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by bipobipo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've been using this product for 6 yrs. so far so good. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by skysweetener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it is water-based Liquid Foundation and hence, non-comodogenic.

I was previously using BB creams, Revlon Colorstay, Chanel Mat Lumiere, and my acne-prone skin has become severly clogged and aggravated over time. I've also tried mineral-make up but I didn't like the powdery finish and am back to hunting for a trusty Liquid Foundation.

I am one week into my new purchase, and I find it best to apply on a well-moisturised face, with the sponge (that comes in the packaging) using a pat-down method for a flawless matte finish. It goes on light, so you'll have to layer on if you want more coverage. This has a very buildable light to medium coverage.

Good thing is, you still get a very natural finish and it does not look cakey when layered. I also noticed that it oxidises into a prettier dewy look after the first hour. Although it hides redness extremely well, you definitely need a concealor if you want to cover those dark spots or blemishes.

I like that with this on, my skin feels and looks breathable and natural. It doesn't clog my pores and with its ability to absorb excess sebum, I blot my face less often, and my makeup stays on longer.

I feel that this product works just like how it was advertised. If you have troubled skin like me, this is definitely your daily go-to foundation!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the only foundation ive found that has an exact match since im super yellow and most foundations are too ashy, pink, or orange on me. I liked that it gave full coverage but it was so matte and flat looking that i looked better without it. It also doesnt have much staying power on my oily skin, i would say about 2 hrs max before it gets splotchy on me and it suprisingly breaks me out although the other products from this range do the exact opposite for me so that was a big disappointment.i do like the clear plastic bottle bc its allows me see how much i have left and its hygenic but its so liquidy at the same time so it can be hard to control how much of it comes out. Also, this foundation changes texture over time as the liquid part that you shake up starts to dry out, you get more coverage so its not a reliable foundation.im currently using it over my primer and under my foundation to adjust the color but after im done with with bottle, i dont think im repurchasing. Also, they have a limited range of shades. Im a C4 and its still pale on me so i only use it on the parts of my face where i want to highlight. The spf 10 is disappointing as well... For reference, im a C4 with oily acne prone skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 7:56:00 AM More reviews by hazefree2002

The new version is called Oil Free Aqua Liquid Foundation SPF18.PA++. I am almost done with my second bottle. This works very well for my acne prone, sensitive skin. It can cover acne and acne scars quite well imo. One bottle last me for around 9 months with daily usage. I always stray and then start to suffer outbreaks from using other brands. I'll always have a bottle of this. My HG.
Retails for SGD$51 for 30mL.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by mel87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very sensitive and oily skin, normally foundations only last an hour or 2 on me before it's gone, and this lasts the whole day on me! Plus it doesn't give me any rashes and such, which most other brands I try does. Coverage is not that good though, since it's just a very thin layer, and I find that it doesn't give your face the glow that some other foundations do. Price is a bit steep but a bottle lasts me more than a year so it's not too bad. Still great overall, especially if you have very sensitive and acne prone skin.