July 28, 2014 | 1216 users online

Eyeliner - Becca - Madagascar line and illuminate pencil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted so badly to love this pencil. It's a double-ended eyeliner with a warm, reddish brown shade on one side and a gold on the other. The eyeliner itself is very soft and smudgy - almost kohl like. However, the liner doesn't last long without running, maybe 3 hours. The brown has a strong red tint, almost unflattering. And the gold is almost unusable. It's gritty and too dull yellow to be pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by kismis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glittery gold on one end and a deep russet brown with red undertones on the other. The brown is nice to wear alone as a liner (too much red in it though to wear as an e/s up to crease imo) which is the primary reason I give this 3stars. The gold alone doesn't show up much on my eyelids although it can dress up the brown but the combination of these 2 colours isn't particularly stunning. I find the gold is too light and gritty for the brown so it doesn't make it a shimmery glowy brown-bronze I was hoping for.

Easy enough to work with though but again, these are too soft especially the matte brown side resulting in easy breakage and product wastage when sharpening. This is too heartbreakingly too expensive for that to happen though, imo. Also, again, the very creamy consistency of the brown side makes the liner transfer up my non-oily eyelid through the day, even after patting in some loose powder over the top. Not worth the money and won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by lenkaaa

out of the 3 i got this is my least fave...it is an orangey bronze on one side and gold with glitter on the other...the bronze is a bit too coppery for me and is not perfect for my complexion...the gold i was scared of at first b/c of the glitter but i used it over the bronze and the glitter stayed put all day..both sides are super pigmented and sooooo smooth! got it at the sale but would not repurchase at full price just b/c Mustique is so similar but goes better with my complexion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these line and illuminate pencils. The formula so creamy and soft and I love that they double as shadow too. Madagascar is from the Summer or Fall line (who knows with Becca since they don't update anymore) and brings a change to the original line and illuminates. Madagascar and Capri (the other new pencil) both have glitter in the illuminate sides. True to Beccaa form they are not OTT and I really like the effect. Madagascar might not be for everyone. I thought it would be too similar to Mustique but the brown is much different, less shimmery (if at all) and a deep russet color. The illuminate is a VERY yellow gold with gold glitter and this might not be everyones cup of tea. Cool toned girl should avoid this one and go with Capri (charcoal and silver). Over all I really like the look and it works with my neutral slightly warm skintone. A fun addition to a great product. UPDATE- I used this with Rose Gold cream e/s and the eye tint as a base, the russet to line and the gold on the inner eye and over the Rose Gold and it was not only very pretty but not as yellow once sheered out it was not so warm and had the prettiest sparkle and sheen.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No