October 26, 2014 | 1503 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Nomiaus75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has served me faithfully for 6 years now . I have a million brushes but I always return to this one . I heard they changed it ? Mine is an old one and still perfect after all these years

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a basic, cheap staple and everyone needs something like this.
The bristles are animal hair and animal hair isn't always the softest. However, animal hair holds powder much better, providing more pigmentation and less fall-out.
At it's widest point, this is a little bit more than a dime. This is great for precision work, like in the orbital ridge, inner corner, or on a small amount of lid space.
It's really flat, and thin. It is also dense, but it's not very fluffy at all. The one I got from my 99 cent store seems to be less fluffier than the ones available in sets, but I don't have any sets to compare with. I don't think it's great for super opaque color, since it takes some layering if you really want pan-color, but it does yield good pigmentation. Obviously, this is more of a "placing" brush, not a blending brush.
It's a bit scratchy at first and sheds a little bit, but the shedding stops after the first wash. I've never had any staining and its softened over time.
The worst part of the brush is the packaging. The silver letters fade very quickly, and the ferule comes off loose. Some super glue fixed this and its still very stable, months afterwards. Everyone needs a brush like this.
If you're looking for higher quality natural hair, I recommend the brush duo by LA Colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by mimz007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

for $1 can't go wrong! its actually a great brush. it is wide so definitely more for packing on and shading

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by dalalzein

For $1 it works fairly well and did the job, The bristles are super soft and pick up a lot of eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Serves its purpose well. Recommend to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Whats not to love, great eyeshadow brush with a great price.

I like this much more than than the Studio "C" brush. It has more flexibility.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This little $1 brush is the stuff I tell ya. H E double hockey sticks, it's a dollar. I wasn't expecting much from this, but I ended up getting a brush I use everyday that's a workhorse. It picks up shadow like a magnet then deposits it on the lid evenly. I went back to target to pick up another to keep in rotation. I'm thinking I may need another, ya know just incase.... I like options. This eye shadow brush, and the blending brush work very well( picked up an extra blending brush) options... Remember too, there just a DOLLAR. Some other brushes from this line are a miss, like the face brush, that's total crap. The bronzing brush is so so, it does a decent job applying my highlight. Have two of those as well.
One negative I will say is that all three sets of brushes I have, are not the same the only huge difference Is in the bronzing brush, my first one compared to the second has half the bristles missing. So that's my barely there highlight , because the bristles are barely there. So just compare the brushes in store. But the eyeshadow and blending I love. Looks cheap feels cheap... you can't win em all.
Works,hasn't yet shed, soft , cleans easily, it's a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the look of this professional range of brushes! And the brush is really easy to work with. I have the complete set of eye brushes from e.l.f. and can't be more satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Natitashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush after reading some good reviews on it. After shopping in one of elf's 50% off sales i thought why not buy a few extra things. When it arrived it looked really nice the hairs where really soft and it picked up a ton of eyeshadow. So i washed it and went to use it when i was doing my make up and the hairs just kept falling off to the point where they were everywhere! I've since washed it a couple of times and i'm still getting hairs falling out. If that didn't happen it would be a great brush at an amazing price. I wouldn't be buying it again as its just literally sat in my drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had basically given up on finding a good eyeshadow brush, until I found and tried this one. Are you kidding me? This is such good quality for such a low price! I would still repurchase it if it was 10x the price! It picks up and applies colour extremely well. It is simply a joy to watch how well it does its job.