December 22, 2014 | 1725 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the worst brush I've ever used. Cannot fathom the decent ratings its gotten, unless I genuinely got a dud.
Straight out of the package the bristles started falling. Getting all over my face, in my eyes. Rub it along my arm, lose a chunk of bristles.
Unusable.
For reference I got the white handled brush that costs $1 at Target.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kiyoshi001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is really cheap and it would have been great if it didn't prick my lids every time I use it. It hurts a bit so if I can help it I don't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Nomiaus75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has served me faithfully for 6 years now . I have a million brushes but I always return to this one . I heard they changed it ? Mine is an old one and still perfect after all these years

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a basic, cheap staple and everyone needs something like this.
The bristles are animal hair and animal hair isn't always the softest. However, animal hair holds powder much better, providing more pigmentation and less fall-out.
At it's widest point, this is about the size of a dime or maybe a pinky or ring finger nail. The width is about that of the newer, thinner quarters. This is great for precision work, like on the orbital ridge, inner corner, or on a small amount of lid space. It's not the best for the hollows of the eye, but that's just the nature if this shape since it doesn't swipe well.
It's really flat, and thin. It is also dense for its small width, but it's not very fluffy at all. The one I got from my 99 cent store seems to be less fluffier than the ones available in sets, but I don't have any sets to compare with. I don't think it's great for super opaque color, since it takes some layering if you really want pan-color, but it does yield good pigmentation. Obviously, this is more of a "placing" brush, not a blending brush.
It's a bit scratchy at first and sheds a little bit, but the shedding stops after the first wash. I've never had any staining and its softened over time.
The worst part of the brush is the packaging. The silver letters fade very quickly, and the ferule comes off loose. Some super glue fixed this and its still very stable, months afterwards.
Everyone needs a brush like this, and this isn't the best of its kind but it is a very good and also affordable option.
If you're looking for higher quality natural hair, I recommend the brush duo by LA Colors that is only about $2 in dollar stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by mimz007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

for $1 can't go wrong! its actually a great brush. it is wide so definitely more for packing on and shading

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by dalalzein

For $1 it works fairly well and did the job, The bristles are super soft and pick up a lot of eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Serves its purpose well. Recommend to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Whats not to love, great eyeshadow brush with a great price.

I like this much more than than the Studio "C" brush. It has more flexibility.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This little $1 brush is the stuff I tell ya. H E double hockey sticks, it's a dollar. I wasn't expecting much from this, but I ended up getting a brush I use everyday that's a workhorse. It picks up shadow like a magnet then deposits it on the lid evenly. I went back to target to pick up another to keep in rotation. I'm thinking I may need another, ya know just incase.... I like options. This eye shadow brush, and the blending brush work very well( picked up an extra blending brush) options... Remember too, there just a DOLLAR. Some other brushes from this line are a miss, like the face brush, that's total crap. The bronzing brush is so so, it does a decent job applying my highlight. Have two of those as well.
One negative I will say is that all three sets of brushes I have, are not the same the only huge difference Is in the bronzing brush, my first one compared to the second has half the bristles missing. So that's my barely there highlight , because the bristles are barely there. So just compare the brushes in store. But the eyeshadow and blending I love. Looks cheap feels cheap... you can't win em all.
Works,hasn't yet shed, soft , cleans easily, it's a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the look of this professional range of brushes! And the brush is really easy to work with. I have the complete set of eye brushes from e.l.f. and can't be more satisfied.